Searching for people fluent in VBScript

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Touchmaster97
    Participant
      @touchmaster97

I don’t know where exactly to post something like this, so I’m doing it here.

I’m involved in a collaborative project to create an original Visual Pinball table. The designs and layout are almost complete, however, we’re running short on people. Currently, we’re looking for someone that is fluent in VBScript, someone who can put together the DMD, the Ruleset, basically the equivalent of what would normally be called the software of a real pinball machine.

Anyone in here who is interested enough to want to know more and potentially participate? I have very big plans for this, and I can’t do it all on my own, hence why it’s collaborative.

Midway's Legacy lives on.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

A screenshot of the table might influence people to help… on the other hand if it looks like crap you may scare people away.. your call

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

All I can say is good luck. You are asking for someone to basically to be your bitch – doing all the hard work. I agree with Tom.

Touchmaster97
          Participant
            @touchmaster97

All I can say is good luck. You are asking for someone to basically to be your bitch – doing all the hard work. I agree with Tom.

Bitch? That’s a harsh way of saying it. It’s not all of the hard work. Remember, it involves multiple people, all bringing in their share.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Yeah. Maybe a bit strong in the wording there, but, I bet I’m right. You will have trouble finding anyone that bites the bait you’ve offered.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

Scripting thousands of lines of codes for a table that you didn’t make is a lot of work.  With the looks of some original tables it could be more wore than the actual visual items.  Again I say, a glimpse of the table might encourage someone to volunteer.  There have been a lot of original tables done and the theme of some either don’t interest me or I have never heard of them, so I don’t bother playing them.

Touchmaster97
                Participant
                  @touchmaster97

Well… technically, I DID make the table, albeit partially. I designed the basic playfield layouts with help from another Designer, and I am preparing to plan out the Ruleset.

And in case you want me to fetch you a screenshot of the table, here is a very early work-in-progress version of the playfields:

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Have you looked at the guide that Scotty made about recommended plan for making tables ? I ask since you are talking about ruleset. He has a few valid points that might be a good read for you if it is unknown to you. https://docs.orbitalpin.com/table-planner

Diguelo
                    Participant
                      @diguelo

Hi,

Ive just joined the site recently. I am fluent in VBScript and have a number of years programming experience.

Although the term “Bitch” may sound harsh it isnt too far from the truth. In American slang it basically means someone who earns the money while others collect the Kudos.

I can see from your table that you appear to be a flipper lover. A most intreguing design I must say and I assume the individual sets have independant target groups and each target group has a rule set and each rule set has a scoring / featrue system and each scoring / feature system has a table lighting / scoring / fature impact and……

Just asking someone to code slave a job of this magnitude isnt as easy as it appears. You may think just asking someone to magically make dreams come true just by asking for it, rarely happens. I have had people come to me and say can you write a program to run my business from a computer. The reply is always “Yes, what exactly do you want it to do?”

As for coding yes I can code up VBScript,  can you provide me with a variables table, a features list of variables, a scoring system your working on, a result for each event, a result for each feature, a list of special features/effects as well as their trigger names, any timers used in the table (ie countdown timers for triggered events, say extra ball timeout after 30 seconds) lighitng events that are triggered. As well as your hopeful outcome.

Just asking someone to be a coder does not imply that you get off doing any work. I asume that you have some form of Spreadsheet software you are keeping track of for your table variables, outcomes, scoring, features, lights and events? If not sit down and write one up, in the long run it does make life a lot easier. It will provide some form of reference to start with, also provide a list of “Ingame” variables that you are using (these are hardcoded into the table editor, but there is no need to reference things that arent being used by any portion of your table this will confuse the issue.

Use my profile message system to get n touch and I will take a look and see whats what and what I can do.

Oh yes and which version of VBScript are you intending using? I have access to a few, think the most recent one I have is 2012, which is good enough for most applications.

So to reitterate, yes I can join the dots in the picture as long as you provide the paper, the dots in the right places and the numbers for each dot. Comparitively joining the dots takes less time than all the other dots.

Dig

Silver ball go that way, as eyes went this way, GAME OVER !!

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

:good:

Diguelo
                        Participant
                          @diguelo

Ah I see. The thumbs upo says it all. Picture paints a thousand words etc.

Diguelo
                          Participant
                            @diguelo

Just looking at the picture, I see someones not actually finished this design as there is a “Ball Trap” point bottom left. Ball gos into hole gets kicked back up table, gravity drops ball in the area just up from it, ball stuck or am I missing something? Still waiting to hear from you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?