seems people are missing this info for new VPM

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Please correct me if i am wrong… any other changes?

Iron Man  from im2_ to im_

xmen from xmn_ to xmen_

avengers from avr_ to avs_

You don’t need to repack the roms, you just need to rename the ZIP file. MAME is smart enough to identify differently named files within the zip if the CRC matches. You also need to change the cGameName in the table script.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
      MnHotRod
      Participant
        @mnhotrod

Ran into this issue a week or two ago. Thanks for posting!

Al
        Participant
          @alandee

I copied mine and renamed .. is that cool too ?

I don’t have any of these three tables though, are there decent versions about ? or is it as much for other tables based on these roms also ?

Cheers,

al.

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

I copied mine and renamed .. is that cool too ? I don’t have any of these three tables though, are there decent versions about ? or is it as much for other tables based on these roms also ? Cheers, al.

captain-obvious

:whistle:

Al
            Participant
              @alandee

Yeah, well .. yeah, so yep, good then .. .. y .. meh … also best gif I’ve seen in a while.

Can I blame my question on what my canadian mates call a mickey .. ?

Cheers,

al.

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

Sorry Al I just could not help myself, really i did just want to use that GIF. ;-)

About the tables they are good not great, but that’s the real tables fault by no means the author(s).  Actually i like newer Stern tables after these were released, the way i look at it they are free anyways, so might as well check them out.

Sorry for the off topic Randr

Paulo Carvalho
                Participant
                  @paulohotline

I think the PM5 version of Avengers is actually pretty good and plays well. I also noticed that xmen should be xmen_ to renamed to xmn_.

One thing I have noticed with this new VPM build that while VPX tables are stable, some of my older PM5 tables now when launching in PinballX will crash at launch. Avengers, Tron, Xmen etc will sometimes crash where on the previous smaller VPM build they were rock solid. I am using the accelerated plunger PM5 build.

Anyone else having similar issues with the older tables crashing since updating and what PM5.exe are you using if everything is rock solid on boot up?

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                  http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                  "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

I have always got random shaker lock up on Star Trek or twd like 1 out of 20 startups of those two tables. So very odd indeed. Still happens with new vpm

for IOS and Android

DJRobX
                      @djrobx
                      MemberModerator

There’s a setting in the VPinMame registry “at91jit” you can try setting to 0 for SAM tables that you’re having crash on startup issues with.    JIT compiles SAM code to native x86 dynamically so it will run much faster than the old core.     Toxie noted that this JIT compiler has a strange ‘crash once on startup’ issue for him.    No one else has reported an issue so far, but it’s worth a try in your case.

Setting at91jit = 0 makes the SAM rom use the old emulated code instead.   Do let us know if that helps.   You can find it in the regsistry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\(rom name)\at91jjit

Also, I’m not sure if your special PM5 build has Large Address Mode turned on.  If it’s not on, it will be much more RAM limited than VPX or official VP9.9 builds.  It’s a compiler setting, but there are some tools you can find on google that can turn it on after the fact.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I will give this a try and report back :good:

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Paulo Carvalho
                        Participant
                          @paulohotline

There’s a setting in the VPinMame registry “at91jit” you can try setting to 0 for SAM tables that you’re having crash on startup issues with. JIT compiles SAM code to native x86 dynamically so it will run much faster than the old core. Toxie noted that this JIT compiler has a strange ‘crash once on startup’ issue for him. No one else has reported an issue so far, but it’s worth a try in your case. Setting at91jit = 0 makes the SAM rom use the old emulated code instead. Do let us know if that helps. You can find it in the regsistry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\(rom name)\at91jjit Also, I’m not sure if your special PM5 build has Large Address Mode turned on. If it’s not on, it will be much more RAM limited than VPX or official VP9.9 builds. It’s a compiler setting, but there are some tools you can find on google that can turn it on after the fact.

Hey thanks, that regedit fixed my 100% constant crash on Avengers with this new VPM build. Will test with other tables that are crashing with VP5 exe as well.

"Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Pinbolt
                          Participant
                            @pinbolt

Sorry guys but I don’t understand the rename action with XMEN, Avengers and Iron-man.

I renamed the Xmen_151 to xmn_151 rom and change the rom name in the table script. At start I got this error “Line 116. gamename not found!”

Where is my mistake?

please help me

Paulo Carvalho
                            Participant
                              @paulohotline

Hey Pinbolt, don’t forget you also have to change the rom name in the table script for the name change to work properly -> “You also need to change the cGameName in the table script.” if you have done that, make sure you can open the rom in vpinmame by running “setup” and then “test”. Make sure you see the rom in the list and you should be able to test it.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

There’s a setting in the VPinMame registry “at91jit” you can try setting to 0 for SAM tables that you’re having crash on startup issues with. JIT compiles SAM code to native x86 dynamically so it will run much faster than the old core. Toxie noted that this JIT compiler has a strange ‘crash once on startup’ issue for him. No one else has reported an issue so far, but it’s worth a try in your case. Setting at91jit = 0 makes the SAM rom use the old emulated code instead. Do let us know if that helps. You can find it in the regsistry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\(rom name)\at91jjit Also, I’m not sure if your special PM5 build has Large Address Mode turned on. If it’s not on, it will be much more RAM limited than VPX or official VP9.9 builds. It’s a compiler setting, but there are some tools you can find on google that can turn it on after the fact.

This made table not load vpm would not start put back to 1 and worked fine. new 1.4 of TWD seems to not crash random on startup so must be the size change of table that was issue

for IOS and Android

Pinbolt
                                Participant
                                  @pinbolt

Thank you Paulo, everything works fine now. I had use an old vpinmame, now I use the right one.

Merry Christmas

Pinbolt

newjersey
                                  Participant
                                    @newjersey

hello guys. i am sorry to ask for help once again, but i’m having something weird in my cab.
                                    it’s the Avengers (pm5), the X men (pm5), Iron man and also the Walking Dead LE (vpx) version with the KPG sounds/rom. (also space jam, the simpsons pinball party)
                                    they start-up without errors, they also work like normal. i mean the sound works, the table works without error, you can actually play it.
                                    the only thing that’s not showing is the DMD and its really hard to play a pin without the DMD showing.
                                    here’s what i’ve done so far:
                                    i tested the ROM’s with vpinMame, but it says everything is running fine, it’s just not showing me anything like DMD.
                                    i tried to disable the DDRAW value in the windows registry for the tables i named, but that did not help me.
                                    i uninstalled the vpinMame and then reinstalled again, i copied the SAM file and the vpinmame.dll again
                                    i rebooted a few times, just hoping it would go away. i’m really at the end of my knowledge here, so if you know anything else i may try…

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

can you alt-tab and see if dmd is behind playfield or backglass? or off screen somewhere

for IOS and Android

newjersey
                                      Participant
                                        @newjersey

i just tried it, but there is no such luck.
                                        it’s just not there.

Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark

When you start the table in question, then hit F1, this screen should come up for you.  Make sure the Show DMD/Display Window is checked like above.  If you need to make changes then restart the table

I’m no expert but can’t hurt to try

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

@jasperpark…good call i forgot about the check mark! maybe that’s the issue

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?