Sega’s Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein 3D by: Dark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=164882

Sega’s Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein 3D by: Dark

This model is free to use in any freeware application any way you like, however I must be credited for any use of my work in any work(s) as well as subsequent versions.

THIS MODEL IS NOT TO BE RE-DISTRIBUTED OR USED IN ANY COMMERICIAL PRODUCT!

See project: https://vpinball.com/bb_project/ms-frankenstein-3d-update-by-dark-completed/

Many resource photos were provided by user “The Loafer” aka Rob, so big shout out to him for going out of his way for me, he made this possible!

Texture maps:  Many of the maps were originally rendered at 4k resolution (4096×4096) at top quality then downsized to 2048×2048.  Even at 2048 the texture size is likely much larger than is needed on a virtual pinball table, I recommend trying to reduce the textures to 1024×1024,  the only scenario where 2k maps may be needed is when viewing the model from very close in VR.  The texture map sizes are what makes the download so large.

The model consists of 3 parts, the head, body and arms, the appropriate maps are already applied and the parts all compiled/sized/positioned in the VP template.

If you decide to import the objs you will have to align them, you can use the VP template assembled version as a reference.

The head can rotate freely to (his) right but has a limited range of 25-30 degrees to (his) left before mesh collision occurs (so does the real thing).

The arms have ~30 degree rotation before mesh collision occurs.  The real life animation is only a quick flick so this range of movement

3dcreation

Dark
        @dark
        vipMemberContributor

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
        The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

Thank you for this.  As you know, most real life MS Frankenstein pins have a non-functioning head (ie: no rotation) as the bloody thing seems to break down easily.  This is one game, along with LAH, that we virtual pinball fans have an advantage over the real life pin!

Stellar work Dark, looks superb!

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

@theloafer

Thanks man, still can’t thank you enough for all the time and patience that went into getting me all the photos as I requested them, it’s a big factor in the quality of the model.

3dcreation

chucky87
            Participant
              @chucky87

really beautiful bravo again of the excellent work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?