Shaker Motor Kit – Wiring

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    outhere
    Participant
      @brucev

The new H bridge showed up – same Results… I have them wired exactly like the pictures you Showed me..

Would this controller work with the LEDwiz?

https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Control-Controller-Regulator-Support/dp/B015F88D32/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1534036944&sr=8-40&keywords=board+regulator

If so how do you think it should be wired?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

there really is no reason the H-Bridge wouldnt work. How are you powering the shaker?

as for the motor speed control you linked to, yes it would work i would assume you hook middle signal 0-5v to ledwiz wire you already have and others are power and motor diode still would be needed.

i use seperate quality switching supply to power shaker so perhaps your using a ATX computer supply and that just never a good idea.. not sure what your using but im using one of these…

https://www.amazon.com/BMOUO-Universal-Regulated-Switching-Computer/dp/B01EWG6YT8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534104628&sr=8-3&keywords=12v+.+switching+supply

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

…or perhaps its a grounding issue?

outhere
          Participant
            @brucev

Yes I am using a ATX computer supply but I have a power supply I will try…

But that still doesn’t explain if I don’t use the H-bridge the shaker motor runs at full speed….

Thanks for your help

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Yes I am using a ATX computer supply but I have a power supply I will try…

But that still doesn’t explain if I don’t use the H-bridge the shaker motor runs at full speed….

Thanks for your help

Possible difference in grounds from the ATX Power Supply vs your Led-Wiz?

outhere
              Participant
                @brucev

Can you put grounds together from different power supplies?

nmooer
                Participant
                  @nmooermidrivers-com

Sorry to hi jack, but I just ordered a small chip led wiz. Am I going to be able to to solder the wire on the chip. I ordered with heat sinks, maybe I should have not.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

yes im sure thats the same ledwiz everyone uses. buy small chip you mean like picture below?

chapter-15-11-ledwiz-cooling

If so then yes fairly easy to do. I dont they sold old style for many years (big chip)

for IOS and Android

outhere
                    Participant
                      @brucev

After putting the grounds together the same results….

Then the new power supply showed up same results

Then I tried the DC Motor Speed Control but that works a little different than a H-bridge

It turns out The signal 0 to 5 volt Is a positive voltage So what I did is use the H bridge to control the DC motor speed controller And That worked pretty good but that required 2 items to do one job…

Then I thought I would try one of these and it turns out it’s working great.. — 4 Channel Optocoupler Isolation Module board

https://www.mondaykids.com/monday-kids-4-channel-relay-module-fet-field-45-effect-tube-module-nmos-fr1205-dc-5-45-24v-solenoid-driver-with-optocoupler-isolation.html

4-channel-relay-module
                      The wire that I soldered to the LEDwiz – what is that exactly doing?

It’s obvious it’s bypassing something….

If I use that wire To control The 4 Channel Optocoupler Isolation Module board the shaker motor runs at full speed as soon as you turn the power On…

If I hook the board to the port Like you normally do it works fine…

nmooer
                      Participant
                        @nmooermidrivers-com

This is what the v2 looks like.  looks like the chips are pushed together. I don’t know. Maybe solder from the bottom?

Attachments:
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

That’s a very old photo of a ledwiz and don’t think they have used socket chips like that for many many years.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          miguelcerca
                          Participant
                            @miguelcerca

Yeah they are around $1.50-$3.00 each work great. Keep in mind you hook this to the ledwiz input. Not the normal outputs of the ledwiz.

90458728-8FCE-4980-B708-71B5B4FA0403

Had this all hooked up, soldered and working, then all of a sudden no shaker… The solder was fine, so I’m thinking the port went bad for some reason. Is there another port that’s possible to use for the Shaker motor?

Cordsl
                            Participant
                              @cordsl

h bridge-for-terry

I am also trying to get a shaker running. The shaker is in the cab and works, but only full on or full off. I just found out this is not the way. I ordered the H-bridge shown in the picture. My question is: can i use the same wiring to connect it to a standalone kl25z with pinscape on it?

Shaker

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?