This topic contains 50 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  randr 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
     outhere 
    Participant

The new H bridge showed up – same Results… I have them wired exactly like the pictures you Showed me..

Would this controller work with the LEDwiz?

https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Control-Controller-Regulator-Support/dp/B015F88D32/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1534036944&sr=8-40&keywords=board+regulator

If so how do you think it should be wired?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  outhere.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

there really is no reason the H-Bridge wouldnt work. How are you powering the shaker?

as for the motor speed control you linked to, yes it would work i would assume you hook middle signal 0-5v to ledwiz wire you already have and others are power and motor diode still would be needed.

i use seperate quality switching supply to power shaker so perhaps your using a ATX computer supply and that just never a good idea.. not sure what your using but im using one of these…

https://www.amazon.com/BMOUO-Universal-Regulated-Switching-Computer/dp/B01EWG6YT8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534104628&sr=8-3&keywords=12v+.+switching+supply

Currently playing around with FP to VP conversions. Nothing serious just trying to have fun.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

…or perhaps its a grounding issue?

outhere 
    Participant

Yes I am using a ATX computer supply but I have a power supply I will try…

But that still doesn’t explain if I don’t use the H-bridge the shaker motor runs at full speed….

Thanks for your help

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Yes I am using a ATX computer supply but I have a power supply I will try…

But that still doesn’t explain if I don’t use the H-bridge the shaker motor runs at full speed….

Thanks for your help

Possible difference in grounds from the ATX Power Supply vs your Led-Wiz?

outhere 
    Participant

Can you put grounds together from different power supplies?

nmooer 
    Participant

Sorry to hi jack, but I just ordered a small chip led wiz. Am I going to be able to to solder the wire on the chip. I ordered with heat sinks, maybe I should have not.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

yes im sure thats the same ledwiz everyone uses. buy small chip you mean like picture below?

chapter-15-11-ledwiz-cooling

If so then yes fairly easy to do. I dont they sold old style for many years (big chip)

Currently playing around with FP to VP conversions. Nothing serious just trying to have fun.

outhere 
    Participant

After putting the grounds together the same results….

Then the new power supply showed up same results

Then I tried the DC Motor Speed Control but that works a little different than a H-bridge

It turns out The signal 0 to 5 volt Is a positive voltage So what I did is use the H bridge to control the DC motor speed controller And That worked pretty good but that required 2 items to do one job…

Then I thought I would try one of these and it turns out it’s working great.. — 4 Channel Optocoupler Isolation Module board

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-8-Channel-Optocoupler-Isolation-Module-Opto-isolator-H-L-Level-Module-Lot/372031557305?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=640949719466&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The wire that I soldered to the LEDwiz – what is that exactly doing?

It’s obvious it’s bypassing something….

If I use that wire To control The 4 Channel Optocoupler Isolation Module board the shaker motor runs at full speed as soon as you turn the power On…

If I hook the board to the port Like you normally do it works fine…

nmooer 
    Participant

This is what the v2 looks like.  looks like the chips are pushed together. I don’t know. Maybe solder from the bottom?

Attachments:
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

That’s a very old photo of a ledwiz and don’t think they have used socket chips like that for many many years.

Some users who have liked this topic:

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account