shared roms

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    h0pp4z
    Participant
      @h0pp4z

Hi,

howto share a rom between different tables (e.g. tom&jerry / beach bums) without sharing highscores?

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

UPDATE: Tom & Jerry can now use it’s own rom…. Just install the new build and change the name of the included rom in this download to “tomjerry”. This new rom will not conflict with other roms. Don’t forget to change line 4 in the script to: Const cGameName = “tomjerry”

For the latest PinMAME beta –>SAMBuild  3.2   r4683
        http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?tab=comments#comment-40263

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Both those tables have “hacked” roms available now over at VPU – this thanks to the table authors and Carny. From yesterday you can run tomjerry if you updated you VPM. Beach Bums have been supported for a long time already. Use the setup.exe – scroll down, if you find the name in there, then you know what the rom is called and also what you need to change in the script in order to use. There are other tables that you didn’t mention. Bubba the Redneck Werewolf still shares its rom with Hollywood Heat I believe.

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

there is a bubba rom as well, not sure where to get though (too lazy to look).. may be in the download  :unsure:

edit: OK I looked bubba is available over on vpu as well

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Oh. Thanks, I wasn’t aware.

Update : I must have been at one point. Checked the table and I’m using bubba.zip – just proof that I’m getting old.

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

I didn’t realize there was a separate roms for them….

I didn’t see Bubba or beach bums on the DOF config website….
                Correct me if I’m wrong but if you change the rom name (and script) then there won’t be any DOF – Right?

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

That is a good point. :good:   You should be able to copy the entries from hlywood in the dof settings you download and make copies of those lines to the new rom names. But, this just gets overwritten the next time you download new DOF definitions. The best would probably to just add those tables as official ones since they already has their own rom names.

gtxjoe
                  Participant
                    @gtxjoe

You can add one line to the script to have unique settings for tables that share the same rom. Details here

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=31778&page=1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?