Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

I bought a SKC playfield and starting building a modified version of the redemption game.  The original game rolled quarters down into the slots and scored points.  This one will be a pitch and bat type game with small balls similar to Pennant Fever.  @32assassin has been working with me to get this thing going with help from Toxie and Gaston.  The next thing i need to do is make a primitive playfield so i can get all the switching working.  I starting watching the tutorials on Blender again but i need some help.  If anyone wants to volunteer to make the playfield it is very simple and i would appreciate it.  Thanks

simp

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

Blender is one of the most frustrating things i have ever done in my life.  I finally learned how to import the playfield, apply a material and texture and get the UV correct.  Now the image on the PF in blender is elongated.  The hole is not perfectly round.  The hole in VPX is perfectly round…

cyberpez
    Participant
    @cyberpez

I like to build my holes with sorta round walls in VP…  Export everything..  well just the Holes…  Import into blender the “holes” and play field..  then replace the sorta round holes with cylinders..  then use the cylinders to actually cut the holes out of the playfield that was exported.  if you need a hand let me know and I can take a look.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Tom
    Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

attached is blender file for PF.  I am so lost.  I got the PF in, image texture applied, sphere in hole and the boolean mod stumped me………..

Attachments:
    Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

Probably one of the more frustrating things I have done in my life, VPX was a treat compared to learning this

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

Since the b2s is out i wanted to update the wip.  more primitives are done as i claw my eyes out learning Blender.  @Mlager8 is busy being a new Daddy so i have to learn how to do this all myself.  God help us all hopefully they start sleeping through the night so you guys dont have to see my crap from blender.  Fluppers flashers are amazing, i wish everyone would use those in their tables, just stunning, thanks 32 for getting this script together.  was very interesting going through the pinmame testing and the manual to get a redemption game working.

Ramps need attention, i need a primitive doughnut, yum, a dunk tank with the comic book guy in it, finish all the plastics and add a few original effects to make it more interesting.

its a pitch and bat game now instead of just rolling quarters, does anyone have any suggestions for the flipper prim or do we like a plain flipper

Also sond guys, anyone want to collect some sound bytes, like patty and selma for the drain, a couple other key quotes that would be great.  thanks

BTW, when VPE comes out i want to tackle a redo of simpsons data east, i just bought one, fell in love with it, and the light show is spectacular.  with the new lighting i think it will be a really cool looking table and do justice to 32s original.

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

I finally figured out how to make SVGs and import them into Blender to make plastics.  Wow, what a difference.  I also now use inkscape to make and draw the UV for the plastics.  turning out really nice

left side front

the front plastics are the only ones i couldnt scan because the flasher domes are riveted on and i dont want to damage them by removing 14 rivets, besides for being a pain.  I started the left side redraw today and got the rest of the plastics in this morning.

simp

What i need now is audio, i need sound bytes from selma and patty, just a few and i need a primitive of a doughnut with pink icing and sprinkles just like in one of the popular blender tutorials.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Looking good Tom !

cyberpez
    Participant
    @cyberpez

Simpson’s….  Data East….  *cough* That’s a re-draw I could get behind *cough*

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

I am absolutely in love with Simpsons Data East.  The light show on the actual game is pretty amazing at night.  The version we have now is really nice but i cant imagine a fully rendered rebuild in VPE!!!!!

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

finished the redraw of the front two flasher plastics.  They turned out great, if i must say so..

new

DeathInc
    Participant
    @deathincclan

Looks good Tom.  Keep up the good work.

Tom
    Participant
    @armyaviation
    MemberContributor

Ramp underway.  They are a hazy transparent.  very happy so far

rpp

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW