Simpsons Pinball Party, The (Stern 2003)

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    EBisLit
    Participant
      @ebislit

Xantari looped me in and sent some of the assets for those simpson’s playfield scans – the work that had already been completed & the quality on those scans was so epic that I wanted to take a crack at filling in the missing section.

I think the result turned out really nicely. There was only a very small section I had to “cheat” at (stopped progress after pasting a lower res image).  It is the “broken” part on the right side of the black and yellow roadblock.. but it will be covered by a slingshot anyhow, so we should be ok.

I’ll post a link on my site in the next update ( http://www.ebislit.com ) for easy access, but in the interim, here’s a link to the stitched scan & the psd:
      https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1RDnWybTWciJqMSixgfyezNvDiFCiB6c_

@32assassin
      – let me know if I can help in any way on this one if you decide to update or if you’d like me to take a crack at further cleanup/work on the scan stitch.

Also, the iobium TSPP site links weren’t working, but the wayback machine has the whole set cached in case we ever need the original resources again.

7 users thanked author for this post.
      TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

Thanks for the update. :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        freetz
        Participant
          @freetz

is there an inside coded version vor VR ?

p.s. thanks 32 Assa for the work in this community

xphilou29
          Participant
            @xphilou29

thanks for the update of this fantastic table! thanks for all your work and sharing

Dungo
            Participant
              @dungo

Yeah!!! Thank you :good: :good: :good:

ItchyRobot
              Participant
                @itchyrobot

Wow, nice image, looks very crisp. This has become one of my favorite tables after playing it for a whole week at the beach with my nephew. He loved it too.

BroncoChevalier
                Participant
                  @broncochevalier

What an absolute beauty!  Thanks for putting in the time with this one. :yahoo:

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks for the update @ebislit and @32assassin !

rammo
                    Participant
                      @rammo

Thanks for the update guys, my homer head does not have the shiny lighting reflection like the screenshot preview here… anyone have any ideas?  reflections/AO on i have tried it all.  It really looks like a different rendered model.

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

Anyone else out there think this table is really hard to score well on?

Update looks very nice. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

rcdude1990
                        Participant
                          @rcdude1990

hmmm… i downloaded the file but it looks the same as my original simpsons file… am i missing something? the preview makes this table look almost like a night mode

sheltemke
                          Participant
                            @sheltemke

hmmm… i downloaded the file but it looks the same as my original simpsons file… am i missing something? the preview makes this table look almost like a night mode

What resolution you play? The new playfield scan is a 4k scan one from Eric, and also the miniplayfield is a newer one(the best quality i found in the past). As i remember also the plastics changed (upscaled to 4k, and some of them are new).

If you play with a 1080p monitor maybe thats why you not see much difference.

rcdude1990
                            Participant
                              @rcdude1990

im on a 4k display

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

@rcdude1990  I had similar issues a while back and….I had the brightness on my TV (Sony 1080p) way too high.  Turning that down and readjusting vpx settings accordingly made a huge difference on tables like this.  This update is VERY different then the previous version.

Thanks 32 and crew!

Manolo / ICE
                                Participant
                                  @kamerik

Thank you :)

Requieman
                                  Participant
                                    @requieman

did you solved this problem. i can’t take the left ramp neither? thanks

Requieman
                                    Participant
                                      @requieman

this table is beautiful but I can not take the ramp left, the ball goes down every time :cry:

someone can tell if there is a solution plz???

tbonge
                                      Participant
                                        @tbonge

I found a bug in this table, I hope @32assassin can fix it. I love this table so much. After unlocking Itchy & Scratchy multiball it never launches the multiball and when you loose the current ball the table thinks you have the other balls still in play and you are stuck playing with no ball and no way to continue or launch your next ball. I originally found the issue on the VR version so I tried this one to see if it had the same issue and it does. It takes some work to unlock the Itchy & Scratchy multiball but if you set the rom menu to extra easy you can get it much faster so you can replicate it easier so see what I mean.

EDIT: Also it  doesn’t launch a ball when shoot again is lit either.

EDIT2: Thanks to @32assassin I got it working, if anyone else has this issue change the rom to “simp400” from “simpprty” and it will work.

EDIT3: Ignore everything I said, I’m an idiot. I broke it when I changed vram settings for the rom to 5 balls and freeplay. Delete the vram settings and it works fine with either v4 or v5 rom.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by tbonge.
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?