Simpsons, The (Data East 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

I optimized my FS POV …

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Lighthouse
      Participant
        @lighthouse

Thanks 32a !!!  I have not tried it yet but I’m sure it’s great..

and the B2s winner is ….?

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

32assassin has a nice one over at VPU http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2796-simpsons-the-data-east/

I would guess Wildman does too.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

Fixed the ball “jump” on the right flipper. Go into editor, find object, metal_thin walls (10)  then click the control point at the tip by the flipper and change it to

x: 615.7781

y: 1813.722

32assassin
            Participant
              @32assassin

Great table as always! Only thing I have noticed is the ball “bounces” when coming down either metal wire ramp. Wasn’t sure if that’s how it played on a real table, but just watched a video and they should roll down with no bounce making the ramp shots much easier.

Either way, awesome table! Thanks!

their are two hidden walls on layer 2 at the end of the physical ramps,

the left wire ramp physical wall has an elasticity of .1,  you should not be getting any type of bounce.

plastic ramps usually give you a bounce, that’s why I set the elasticity to .4 ( for the plastic ramp end)

the right wire ramp has a hidden ramp at the end of the physical ramp that forces the ball into the plastic ramp

it currently has an elasticity of 0.3 change it to 0.1

you can also reduce the kicker force, if the ball speed is reduced you will get less of a bounce

go to lines 207 and 245, I changed the force to 10

sw29.Kick 145, 10

sw37.Kick 90, 10

you should also select both plastic ramp primitives and change the depth bias to -200, I did not think I needed to do this given that I’m using textures for the ramps.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Lighthouse
              Participant
                @lighthouse

32assassin has a nice one over at VPU http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2796-simpsons-the-data-east/

Thank you very much !  :good:

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

I blame it on lack of google skills … B-)

https://www.google.com/search?q=simp_a27.zip+site%3Avpuniverse.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

roccodimarco
                  Participant
                    @roccodimarco

Great table as always! Only thing I have noticed is the ball “bounces” when coming down either metal wire ramp. Wasn’t sure if that’s how it played on a real table, but just watched a video and they should roll down with no bounce making the ramp shots much easier.

Either way, awesome table! Thanks!

their are two hidden walls on layer 2 at the end of the physical ramps,

the left wire ramp physical wall has an elasticity of .1, you should not be getting any type of bounce.

plastic ramps usually give you a bounce, that’s why I set the elasticity to .4 ( for the plastic ramp end)

the right wire ramp has a hidden ramp at the end of the physical ramp that forces the ball into the plastic ramp

it currently has an elasticity of 0.3 change it to 0.1

you can also reduce the kicker force, if the ball speed is reduced you will get less of a bounce

go to lines 207 and 245, I changed the force to 10

sw29.Kick 145, 10

sw37.Kick 90, 10

you should also select both plastic ramp primitives and change the depth bias to -200, I did not think I needed to do this given that I’m using textures for the ramps.

Sorry, I did a horrible job of explaining the problem, and I have posted a current “fix” for it.  It was then the ball was rolling on to the right flipper.  Before it makes it to the flipper the ball “jumps” or “skips” so you can capture or make a clear shot at the jackpot ramp.

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

Brought to us by the Simpsons man…. 32!! Thanks man for this great DE table.

Also experienced the bounce on the right flipper and slightly moved the right flipper downwards to align it with the inner lane. No more bounce :).

themotherbrain
                      Participant
                        @themotherbrain

Thank you for this great looking table 32! One of my favorites from back when and I’d been hoping for a better version. There is still a real one around locally that I like  to play. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but Lisa doesn’t light up.

themotherbrain
                        Participant
                          @themotherbrain

I’m using this one so I can hide the grill. It a modified version of 32 assassin’s.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4531-the-simpsons-data-east-1990-32assassin-update-coyo5050/

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

I’m using this one so I can hide the grill. It a modified version of 32 assassin’s.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4531-the-simpsons-data-east-1990-32assassin-update-coyo5050/

if you have a 3 screen cab (PF, BG, DMD)  and you hide the grill the info bar should show in the dmd and I believe thats how 32A had it set up…

Pookamoondo
                            Participant
                              @pookamoondo

This is a great upgrade for this table, Thank you for all of your hard work :)

Bluetooth
                              Participant
                                @bluetooth

Thank you for this great table  :heart:

Beautifull work  :good:

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

I took a quick pass
                                  -color correction on all images
                                  -new color lookup
                                  -new and fixed materials
                                  -all lights adjusted

PF8K

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Stop teasing us and give me the download link already HF B-)   :good:

HauntFreaks
                                      @hauntfreaks
                                      vipContributorMember

Stop teasing us and give me the download link already HF B-) :good:

I’ll pass it to 32A once i’m done…

DarthMarino
                                      Participant
                                        @darthmarino

Don’t forget to adjust the M and S in “Millions” at the top so they are visible.

themotherbrain
                                        Participant
                                          @themotherbrain

if you have a 3 screen cab (PF, BG, DMD) and you hide the grill the info bar should show in the dmd and I believe thats how 32A had it set up…

I can’t seem to hide the grill on that one. I did try, but I’m not sure it’s possible as it sits. At the risk of sounding shameless any chance of giving this one the no scoreboard treatment for those of us with 3rd screen ala the TMNT teaser you showed? Thank you for that one in advance btw! Me missing my TMNT cab is the reason I built this table. :good:

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

if you have a 3 screen cab (PF, BG, DMD) and you hide the grill the info bar should show in the dmd and I believe thats how 32A had it set up…

I can’t seem to hide the grill on that one. I did try, but I’m not sure it’s possible as it sits. At the risk of sounding shameless any chance of giving this one the no scoreboard treatment for those of us with 3rd screen ala the TMNT teaser you showed? Thank you for that one in advance btw! Me missing my TMNT cab is the reason I built this table. :good:

its very possible there will be a new simpsons b2s comin…

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?