Simpsons, The (Data East 1990)

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Meek424424
    Participant
      @meek424424

Awesome table 32A!!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work cranking out amazing table after amazing table!

robbo43
      Participant
        @robbo43

Hi All,

I’m no good at scripting, so it’s taken me a few hours to work out how to fix the lamp for Lisa’s head.

At line 404 you need to insert the following line:

NFadeL 50, L50

This then led me to the conclusion that the following lines are incorrect as the green jackpot LED lamp would light every time Lisa’s head lights:

Line 405 – NFadeObjm 50, P50, “bulbcover1_greenON”, “bulbcover1_green”
        Line 406 – Flash 50, F50 ‘ Ramp LED

This needs to be changed to the following to get the correct illumination:

NFadeObjm 51, P51, “bulbcover1_greenON”, “bulbcover1_green”
        Flash 51, F51 ‘ Ramp LED

Note: to ensure you do not get a script error, you will need to go into the table editor and select element P50 and change the name to P51, and also select element F50 and change the name F51.

I’m not sure whether elements P51 and F51 will then need to be duplicated, and additional lines added to the script as solenoid 9 appears to control other lamps relating to jackpot illumination – see S109, S109a and S109b (and also the Nuclear Jackpot light on the backglass.

*EDIT* Confirmed – Duplicate P51 and F51, rename to P109 and F109, and add two lines into the solenoid lamp section of the script immediately after the existing lines that use the 109 solenoid callback:

NFadeObjm 109, P109, “bulbcover1_greenON”, “bulbcover1_green”
        Flash 109, F109 ‘ Ramp LED

Note: the NFadeL 109, S109b that immediately precedes these additional lines should be changed to NFadeLm 109, S109b

Cheers

Rob

32assassin
        Participant
          @32assassin

good catch

I based all my light IDs on the service manual. And the manual  has a 49 and 50 on the location of the ramp entrance

but the list on the side has the correct number .

and solenoid 9 is mapped to a “Fake” lamp ID , it has nothing to do with rom ID mappings.

this is done so that we can map the controller to multiple objects such as primitives, walls, flashers ect. using the “fake” lamp ID.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

robbo43
          Participant
            @robbo43

32A, Thanks for the explanation. Wish I’d thought of looking for a service manual to find the lamp number!

Cheers

Rob

blackvulcan3
            Participant
              @blackvulcan3

I’m such an idiot. I was tired after work and I thought this was an update to TSPP. I am so thrilled to wake up and find I was wrong.

Great work 32A, love it.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks for the update @32assassin and @robbo43.

robbo43
                Participant
                  @robbo43

Hi 32A.

Just downloaded v0.91. Thanks for fixing the green jackpot light on the left ramp entry. I’ve noticed that Lisa’s head still isn’t lighting. Just need to add in the line ‘NFadeL 50, L50’ to fix that. Also, the only way I could get the M and S lights to display at the back of the table was as suggested earlier in the support topic – raise light heights to 150 and reposition the boxes on the table.

Happy to share my file (with fastflips) if it saves a bit of time?

Cheers

Rob

zubial
                  Participant
                    @zubial

Hello, how to activate the “fast flip” on this table. I added the command line “InitVpmFFlipsSAM” in the script, but it does not work. Thank you for helping me.

Bladeof
                    Participant
                      @bladeof

Hello, how to activate the “fast flip” on this table. I added the command line “InitVpmFFlipsSAM” in the script, but it does not work. Thank you for helping me.

This is not a Stern SAM table, it’s Data East. To activate Fast Flips, in table script change Use Solenoids from 1 to 2.

Herb
                      Participant
                        @herb

Thanks so much,  i made my vpin from a simpsons cab. this is a timely upgrade from the physmod5 table

MillionMan
                        Participant
                          @millionman

Thank you for this great table

erg4zz4
                          Participant
                            @erg4zz4

Thank you so much!!! i wouldn’t build a cab if there wasn’t simpsons games! :yahoo: :heart:

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?