Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

I’ve played a lot of fp over the years trust me. But in video it seems ball has no weight at all “floaty” like a pong game sorta but it does look much much better as for flippers we will just wait and see like I said can’t wait to try it

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
    @rustycardores
    MemberModerator

Just watched a video and I think Russell must be drunk (it’s a Russell thing) if he thinks those physics are good.   I’d have time to go make a cup of coffee while that ball floats around! lol

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Another new physics update from SLAM:

More discoveries made in the quest to perfect Future Pinball’s physics:  Today it was the son-of-a-bitch spinner.  A pain in my arse for many years.  Most of my games (except Star Wars) have fake spinners that don’t make contact with the ball to allow for a smooth transition around the orbit.  This is because Future Pinball’s default spinners can stop a ball dead in it’s tracks for no reason whatsoever.  

I’ve studied how spinners work in the real world and in some cases, a ball can be stopped or slowed down by a spinner if it’s still spinning and the ball catches the edge.  But in Future Pinball, a non-moving spinner could still fuck with the ball.

Anyway, I’ve fixed it.  Like all video game physics, it’s still miles away from the real world but better than it was.

32assassin
    Participant
    @32assassin

I hope that what he says is true,  if it is we all win.

hopefully the video is just a WIP,

at 0:39;   I have never seen a ball travel 3/4 up the table when it bounces of a center pin post between the flippers.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

TerryRed
    @terryred

It is a WIP video. He just discovered the new version of BAM recently that allowed alot of these new physics tweaks to be accessed, etc. I agree that was a big bounce though….   :)

Ben Logan2
    Participant
    @benlogan2

FP’s lighting engine delivers great results. Physics in video aren’t exactly inspiring. Flipper angle when extended looks more late Gottlieb to me, for one thing.

freneticamnesic
    @freneticamnesic
    vipModeratorMember

So it doesn’t sound like he did it so much as ravarcade did it.

Punch it!

TerryRed
    @terryred

So it doesn’t sound like he did it so much as ravarcade did it.

SLAM has been using and old copy of BAM in a long time…  good timing for him to finally update it.

….and yes… Ravarcade “unlocked” the door to the physics (and lots of other goodies) with BAM, and SLAM is tweaking the physics made possible by it (as has some other guys too).

All I know is, DDH69 has unlocked the door to complete DOF support (as in ALL DOF devices, including addressable leds) for FP and PFX2.

I gotta say….my Masters of the Universe MASTERED mod (or rom’s table) is looking pretty damn stellar right now with addressable led effects!

Too bad we may wait possibly years for SLAM’s newest tables to get my DOFLinx MX upgrade! Guess I’ll do the other awesome tables he already released (that I modded for DOFLinx already) as well as the other great tables out there by others.

TerryRed
    @terryred

It’s videos like this that shows what I personally love about FP.  If I want an accurate arcade reproduction of a pinball game, I’ll goto VPX. If I want a version of a table that has completely new rules and better gameplay modes, stunning lighting and sound… I’ll goto to the FP Ultimate (Pro) version.

I hope to one day play these great new versions…  maybe I’ll just make my own table some day.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

I hope to one day play these great new versions… maybe I’ll just make my own table some day.

So, what you describe is a original. There is nothing holding you back to make that in VPX. Then you even get physics that are real as a added bonus.

Or, is FP much better than VPX in all the other areas ?

TerryRed
    @terryred
    YouTube Video Preview

I hope to one day play these great new versions… maybe I’ll just make my own table some day.

So, what you describe is a original. There is nothing holding you back to make that in VPX. Then you even get physics that are real as a added bonus. Or, is FP much better than VPX in all the other areas ?

This wasn’t meant as a slam against VPX.

I guess I was more referring to how some people “hate” FP arcade reproductions because they are never as accurate as the original rom code (I’m not talking about physics). This is understandable…

I was just saying that I personally like modded versions of arcade tables…in particular if they have their own new modes, etc that makes it very different than the original arcade version. This video is an example of that. Its also an example of just how nice FP tables can really look. VPX has come a long way, but its still not completely real-time 3d and lighting, so it still has some limitations.

Absolutely, originals can be made in VPX…damn good ones too. Jp and Scotty have made some real gems as an example.

freelunch
    Participant
    @freelunch

To me, the most noticeable issue with BAM physics mods is they haven’t address the vanilla FP problem where shooting closer to the pivot of the flipper gives a significantly weaker shot than the end of the flipper (a lot of authors compensate for this problem by making the flipper ends absurdly strong so you can make center shots easier). I’m highly skeptical this issue was addressed as no recent BAM updates mention broadening the potential of physics mods. I would be delighted to be proven wrong, though! There are a lot of awesome original Future Pinball tables out there that I’ve wished to see with more realistic pinball physics. Maybe I’ll eventually get around to murdering my free time to make a Three Angels FP>VP conversion.

horsepin
    Participant
    @horseyhorsey

De Ja Vu!

The flipper angles hurt my eyes. The floatiness doesn’t float my boat. The delusion of this guy is always the strongest, it’s pretty much like 2012 all over again.

Why is it just a video of hitting the ball up and down claiming the be all and end all? Where are the cradle seperations, tap passes, drop catch, live catch…I could go on…..it’s never going to happen, get real, it’s virtual pinball for the easily pleased and the same goes for TPA.

TerryRed
    @terryred

So…here we see a video of probably the first NEW table from SLAMT1LT in a LONG time…and it’s also an original table.

This video is what he has after working on it for two weeks.  Surprising enough….it has no videos!  It does look beautiful, interesting design and excellent sound and music choices.

Shame, we may never ever be able to play it. Maybe one day…

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Table looks neat for sure

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
    @terryred

​From SLAMT1LT’s site:

Today I start a new pinball project – Blade Runner.

I’ve attempted this theme a few times in the past but always walked away because Blade Runner and pinball don’t easily go together; probably the reason why no one else has attempted it.  It is a big challenge but I’m confident I can create something, just not sure what at this stage.

Blade Runner Project: Day Two

I’ve finished the layout design and build, now I’m working on the artwork, ruleset and audio design.  Should have this game completed in about 2-3 weeks.

I’ll post a WIP video of the ‘whitewood’ tomorrow.

Blade Runner Project: Day Three

Making lightning-quick progress.  See WIP vid below.

Blade Runner Project: Day Four

It’s clear to me now that I have to do the absolute best work of my life to create this game.  The movie is a masterpiece of film making, and so my game must be a masterpiece of pinball game design.  I’m going to put everything I have into it….and then retire.   Ha, no way!

Today I’ve added some cool new features and I’ve been through the movie and recorded almost every line of dialogue for the game.   The entire Vangelis soundtrack is also in.

After only 4 days, the game structure is starting to form.  I can still go in many different directions at this stage.  The safest option would be a standard pinball game – shoot this, score this, light this…blah, blah, blah.  Or I can take the game into new uncharted territory and do something no one has ever seen in pinball before.  We shall see.

Blade Runner Project: Day Six

I now have a clear direction for this project: I’m going to create something completely unique, unlike any other pinball game ever made.  A one-of-a-kind gameplay experience (until someone else copies it.)  It’s my biggest challenge yet and if I can pull it off….wow, what a game this is going to be.

Blade Runner Project: Day 10

Finished most of the artwork and about 50% of the game’s code.  See gallery below.  I’m cutting together a new gameplay vid which I’ll post shortly.

The game is still scheduled for completion before Christmas (probably before the end of this month.)

CarnyPriest
    Participant
    @carnypriest

It doesn’t matter if nothing gets published. It’s as good as it not being built at all.  :negative:

TerryRed
    @terryred

It doesn’t matter if nothing gets published. It’s as good as it not being built at all. :negative:

I know what you are saying. He has said that “some day” we will get to DL these games, and when he says things like “coming soon”,  it is a bit confusing to say the least.  This also happened a few years back when he wasn’t releasing tables for a while, then one day…boom he has a new site and all his “newest” tables are made available. Maybe one day.

I still like seeing the videos, though.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

I will say he comes up with some GREAT themes! He does put a lot of work into them with all the video and DMD animations.

That said i sure wish he was into VPX B-) Looks cool either way to me :good:

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
    @terryred

I will say he comes up with some GREAT themes! He does put a lot of work into them with all the video and DMD animations. That said i sure wish he was into VPX B-) Looks cool either way to me :good:

With PinUp Player, he could at least be able to have even better looking videos in game with VPX (though PinUp Player “should” also work with FP). I’ve got Tron Legacy VPX looking awesome with full 1920×1080 videos playing on the backglass from in-game triggered events as well as Topper pics and videos…just like you would see in a SLAMT1LT table. (The table being rom based is REALLY restricting…)  Seriously…we’re starting to see an almost Jersey Jack type of backglass now.

Certain other FP features like hologram videos or table element videos still can’t be done with VPX (unless I’m mistaken), as well as real-time 3d rendering and camera movement (and other features), and those are a big deal to him.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW