Slightly pissed …

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

A few months back we where contacted by Brian Allen, where he requested backglasses based on his work to be taken offline. Recently, there has been a few “new” uploaded of these again. I did a mistake, approving the first upload, it looked familiar, but, my memory is obviously not the same as it used to be. Was deleted on next logon, when observant users made me aware. Know that we will never accept these on this site, thread is now deleted and if I see continued uploads from the same guy(s) that have already posted these, your account(s) will be deleted if you don’t stop your actions.

Rant over.

Thank you.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

I am shocked that you are giving a third chance.  Some people don’t give a shit about other people’s privacy and property

There is a b2s file over at VPF that was posted last year, commented on by the real owner of the artwork and by me, yet still remains up for download.  It just shows the character between this site and the other

Thalamus
          @thalamus

Oh. I don’t know vpf internal structure, but, I believe that Noah is more or less admin the site by himself ? If that is true, you can’t really blame him for not being able to pick up a comments in the threads. The original author probably didn’t know how to contact the admin, directly. If it doesn’t disappear soon, then I guess we can blame him ;)

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

True but it’s been up for 9 months.  Anyways,  good looking out @Thalamus

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Some guys just aren’t aware. I didn’t know about this until I just happened to come upon it in a TWIP post from Brian. I told Brian that most in the community are stand up guys and will gladly respect the wishes of the author of the artwork.

I then passed on this info in a post for animated backglasses using Brian’s work in a FB group. The poster of the animated backglass wasn’t aware, and removed the videos with Brian’s work without hesitation.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I didn’t see it but not been super active on site. Thanks @thalamus first taking care of it!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

FYI I can still download this alternate backglass.  Is this not one that uses Brian’s art?

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/medieval-madness-alternate-1-0-b2s-zedonius/

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

You could …

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

well done

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Might be the big boss that fixed my mistake of not deleting it from the smarter users ;-)

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

I contacted @randr and ratted you out.  You’re screwed now man

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

It would be nice to find a way for his artwork to be used.  AfM is the trippiest bg I’ve…um, heard about.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

@jfr1 : As a pinball lover, I of course think that Brian’ work are awesome. I see why these db2s existed – now, they are Ghosts, existing only via friends. Personally, I don’t think Brian gains anything by refusing their use, but, we really should accept that he doesn’t want his art spread this way. This of course reminds me of what I whole heatedly believe VP is for the pinball industry too. Nothing but good and free promotion. Haven’t it been for this Covid pandemic, I would be spending my holiday mostly going to pinball tournaments. I’m still hoping that I can attend some soon.

CarnyPriest
                              Participant
                                @carnypriest

Also, the work is officially licensed from Williams. Got to protect that license. Everybody’s got to get paid!

Mlager8
                                Participant
                                  @mlager8

Also, the work is officially licensed from Williams. Got to protect that license. Everybody’s got to get paid!

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere saying if the work is shared online Williams can revoke his license even if he has nothing to do with the work being shared. I would never want to jeopordize someone else’s income, especially for something so frivolous. It’s amazing everything in this community is already free of charge and the artist definitely can not be blamed for protecting his livelihood.

CarnyPriest
                                  Participant
                                    @carnypriest

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere saying if the work is shared online Williams can revoke his license even if he has nothing to do with the work being shared. I would never want to jeopordize someone else’s income, especially for something so frivolous. It’s amazing everything in this community is already free of charge and the artist definitely can not be blamed for protecting his livelihood.

Yeah, that’s what I mean. Even if the artist didn’t personally mind having the work out there, he may be obligated to protect the work in order to meet the terms of the license.

As the quality of resources produced by the community has improved so much lately with accurate images/3D models and users have the capability to print replacement decals and parts at home, that’s got to threaten some licenses. Guess we’ll see if the hammer finally comes down.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

@bord : you see this ? You need to stop making blueprint accurate copies of these machines ;-)

cyberpez
                                      Participant
                                        @cyberpez

@bord : you see this ? You need to stop making blueprint accurate copies of these machines ;-)

I plan to put a disclaimer in with my KK resources…  If anyone uses them to make a real table they owe me one…  gosh I hope that works ;-)

bord
                                          @bord
                                          MembervipContributorModerator

There you have it, folks. I’m going to be the one to sink this hobby. Not the knobs that go around selling it.

B-)

Schreibi34
                                          Participant
                                            @schreibi34

Does that mean that the table resource section is not a good idea?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?