Some new Tables on Rogue Pinball

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

Itchigo released some new VP9 Tables, but they are very nice, as always,
      and i made some Wheel Images for this, on the Wheels Page … all over here:

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?board=28.0

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Koolywiz
      Participant
        @koolywiz

Thanks for the heads up, he creates some really sharp tables, wish he would use high score post-it notes.

Mark70
        Participant
          @mark70

Thanks for the heads up :good:

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

+ 2 New Tables on the Page: Cyclone Gottlieb 1951 and Student Prince Williams 1968 :good:

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks for the heads up. That Cyclone looks awesome. Gotta port that one to VPX, right?

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

why the fuck is someone still doing these poor tables in VP9 still??…. (sigh)

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

I think at some point in the past someone posted their PC just wasn’t good enough to play VPX tables?  Not sure if it’s Itch that said that but someone did, but maybe that’s just during the VPX beta cycle and I’m old so I could be misremembering… ;)

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

I think, it’s easier for some … and a Question of Time, and Time to learn VPX … i.m.o.
                    But of Course, VPX isn’t too different, and should be the first Thing.

btw. i added simple Wheel Image on RP Page for those 2 “new” Tables.

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

I think, it’s easier for some … and a Question of Time, and Time to learn VPX … i.m.o. But of Course, VPX isn’t too different, and should be the first Thing. btw. i added simple Wheel Image on RP Page for those 2 “new” Tables.

I dunno, I just pulled apart that Cyclone woodrail VP9. What a headache! A VPX build would have taken half the time and been so much less complicated. There is a reason I waited until VPX to start building tables.

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

i 100% agree with bord…. there is nothing in VP9 that’s easier….   the desire to learn VPX sounds more like it
                        and the PC excuse just isnt cutting it anymore…. the parts to make a smooth playing VPX are a dime a dozen now

xenonph
                        Participant
                          @xenonph
                          MemberContributor

If you don’t know what you are looking for, or don’t know how to install these PC upgrades, (GPU-Graphics Processing Unit, PSU Power Supply Unit), and you go to computer store and ask them how much would it cost to update your computers Graphics card to be able to play newer games? They told me I was at the very least looking at paying 1000 dollars.

Needless to say, some people don’t have that kind of money, and or knowledge how to install these things.(I was one of these people!!)

So I was stuck with only being able to work on and play VP9 tables.

That is, until a great member of this pinball community, (Cough Cough STEVE!!) sent me private message telling me he would send me a graphics card and a PSU, and he would even help me to install it if need be!! I offered to pay him, but he said that he had seen how I was trying to help this community, and that me being able to work on VPX tables would be good enough pay for him!! What a great person!!!

So I feel that if he had not helped me, I would still be back in VP9 land. (Remember VP9 was top of the line before VPX came out!!)

Yes, once you play VPX, and then try and go back to play VP9 version of same table, there really is no comparison!!

But until you are actually able to play and work on VPX tables, VP9 is next best thing!!

Do authors who can’t play or work on VPX tables, just never make any more VP9 tables until they have PC good enough for VPX? I think not.

If they love working on tables as much as I do, they will release tables that they are capable of making. In this case they are VP9 tables.

I would think that there are many in this Pinball Community that are not able to play VPX tables due to having older computer or Non-Gaming Computer.

Do table Authors just leave these people behind? Now that there is VPX, do we just kick VP9 to the curb?

I admit I am spoiled at the moment with VPX. There is no comparison!!

But I am also thankful for any work done for this community, whether its VPX or VP9.

Maybe we should all get together and set Itchigo up with a computer capable of working on VPX tables. If anyone deserves to be able to work on VPX tables, he does!! (I am sure if he had computer capable, he would already be making VPX tables for us pinball addicts!!)

Until then, I think we should ALL be thankful for what he has contributed to this Pinball Community!!

Maybe go to his site and leave a word of encouragement, or thank him for all he has done. He deserves it!!

Carry on.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

I’m an out of work graphic designer (5yrs) I have zero income… and I have never or would ever ask my wife to support my hobby….
                            i’ve traded , sold, whatever it took to get what i needed… and i’m not kidding computer stuff is out of date in months of getting it so the old stuff is so cheap, on ebay, craigslist, pawn shops and family members… we can’t continue to pander to the minority… every hobby has a price, and in reality if someone is DT user a 6yr or older PC will play VPX and a 6yr PC’s are sitting on people curbs everyday…
                            VPF us a good example… people fall into the hobby, they land there, not know what’s up, wind up downloading vp8 and vp9 tables from 2009 , cant figure out why they dont work, or that they have VPX replacement tables…
                            I would never say there isnt a place for VP9, but as new table are built, in VPX since VPX is now over 2-3yrs old already so VP9 should be, being phased out at some point , not deleted, just phased out,

plus the last two tables on there in VPX will play on any PC that can play VP9

but thats IMO

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

OK, loserman76 already is on Converting, mfuegemann coming uo with VPX … would be a Dream, when Itchigo will do the same with his Tables, they all are very nice !

I just love his VP9 Tables, because the Tables doesn’t exist anywhere.

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

btw. some of Itchi’s Table’s use a Ball – Lifter, and this is the “A” Key,
                                but you can easy Change the Key in Script, search for: keycode=30 ‘ Change 30 to what you Need, Keycode File below

Attachments:
                                1 user thanked author for this post.
                                xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

Thanks for the info STAT!!

Hey I redid your vpkeycodes.txt awhile back so to make it easier for me to find the numbers. I save alot of txt files and keep them in pinball work folder.

Thought I would share it, to maybe help make it easier for others also. This was made from same txt file as you have added here, except I found this txt file a long time ago in another topic of yours.

VP-KEYCODES

Attachments:
                                  BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

the other one that comes in handy is the key names. for the lifter games I would set that to RightMagnaSave and that way people with magnasave buttons can just use those and those without (@randr ?) can just set the key in vp menus to something they have without having to dig in the script.

Attached is my keynames.txt that has the variable name for the key assignments. If anyone knows more of these please post them up.

Attachments:
                                    STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

Thanks, yes i already use RightMagnaKey for all Lifters

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

I use the buy in button for ball lift. It’s in the right area too just below plunger.

********************************************************
                                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

united kingdom
                                        Participant
                                          @rockhouse

why is he still making them?

because he wants to

he also makes the older tables

that know one else does because he wants to

the history of pinball is being left behind but not by itchigo

so carry on itchigo your tables are appreciated :good:

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

NEW:

+Cross Country
                                            +2001

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?