Some questions about WoZ (Music files, Script changes) – help, please!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mopple
    Participant
      @mopple

*I have the PuP pack installed and it works but despite having the Topper set to “disabled” in the “PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat” file it always shows when I play the table. I removed the folder and now it’s OK so no problem here but strange nevertheless, don’t you think?

*Also, it doesn’t keep the altered DMD font color setting – I set it to Gold but next time it’s back to green again. What givs here, please?

*Whenever in the script I change the “DMD on Apron” option (lines 246/247) to False –>  Compile –> Close script and –> Save table  –> Close VP 10.6.1… — next time I open the table it is back to True again! So why are the script changes not “really” saved? What can I do here?

*Reg. the music: Why doesn’t the background music already start when a new ball is loaded into the shooter lane? In my version the music starts only when the ball rolls over the top “O-Z ” rollovers. Can that be changed?

*And oh yes, is it really supposed to be “Jakpots”?  :-)

Any help or comment is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and heartfelt thanks again to all the table authors and contributors!

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

@mopple

Use the PinUp PupPack Editor to turn off topper
        This is the version you are using — https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/woz-original-2018/
        As far as the music I’m sure can be changed in the table script somewhere
        This can be changed in the table script   “Jakpots”
        altered DMD font color  —>  This is changed in the script for this game search for – UseFullColor
        As far as saving info – The game saves fine for me
        Make sure you only have these 2 files for this game table and the backglass

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Mopple
        Participant
          @mopple

Use the PinUp PupPack Editor to turn off topper
          This is the version you are using — https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/woz-original-2018/

*As I said, since I have no topper it was OK to just delete the whole folder… :-)

This can be changed in the table script   “Jakpots”

*Unfortunately not… this glitch seems to be embedded in the “graphics files” somewhere unreachable for me.

altered DMD font color  —>  This is changed in the script for this game search for – UseFullColor

*Yes, there it was, I could change it in the script.

As far as saving info – The game saves fine for me
          Make sure you only have these 2 files for this game table and the backglass

*YES! When I deleted the corresponding  .vbs file the script changes stayed.

As far as the music I’m sure can be changed in the table script somewhere

*Now THIS will be something to delve into. I’m not a programmer and I could only identify some lines in the script where I could (sort of) change something but I guess I’ll have to contact the authors. The music is definitely something that can and should be improved upon, and since I own the TWOO Deluxe Soundtrack there’s plenty to choose from:

*As I said, the “We’re off to see..” general background cue has to start as soon as the ball is kicked from the trough into the shooter lane at the start of each ball and not only when the ball hits some targets up on the playfield. I was able to put the cue there (“sort of”) but since it’s not really professionally integrated into the scripted flow of the gameplay to stop when some other cue should start it just keeps on playing… (Interestingly enough, as soon as the ball is in the top saucer and is transported to the small upper left Castle Playfield the cue does change to the dramatic “Castle” cue so there the cue change works but I know way too little about coding to write that into the script in a satisfying manner) :-(

*I added a piece of music for a drained ball (nothing there yet) – and there has to be music! (I actually found the line in the script, yay…!) (the end of the “Jitterbug (Outtake)” cue from the Deluxe Soundtrack) – some brief sardonic witch laugh could be overlaid to spice it up a little! :-)

*After the witch’s “Game Over” broom-flying clip there should be a brief “exit music” accompanying the 4 high scores displayed up until the final pink “GAME OVER” text display (ca. 14 or so seconds) – the short “Cast of Characters” cue at the very end of the “Finale” cue fits perfectly! But how do I integrate that into the script “professionally”?

Thanks again for your kind reply! Do you know any of the authors BTW, who I could contact here? Any author reading this…? Let’s make a great table even greater…!

makmak
          Participant
            @makmak

All the authors are listed here, not too difficult to find…

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/woz-original-2018/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?