Sonic the HedgeHog ULTIMATE 1.02(DOFLinx)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
      @crile1
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/sonic-the-hedgehog-ultimate-1-02doflinx/

DOFLinx Mod of Sonic The Hedgehog Pinball Party by Pinwizkid and SlamT1lt.  This is a fun, fast, and retro game.  Great music and nostalgia value included.  Very flashy with lots of solenoid call outs and some fun little surprises.  Give it a spin!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Graphics look nice. never tried this FP table before

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Dr.Tom
        Participant
          @crile1
          MemberContributor

It’s a fun little game.  I went a little nuts with this one.  Didn’t realize it until I tested it, but this will sure give your lights a workout.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Ok… I was busy working away at AVATAR, and was happy that I got all the complete standard cabinet stuff done fairly quickly….

….but did you have to interrupt my progress by getting this table out already?   ;)

Good work….will have to give this a spin tomorrow when the family isn’t sleeping….though I will have to try out the lights!

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Looks fine – can i Play this Table with FP and BAM only, or i have to use a special “DOF” Version of FP ?

Dr.Tom
              Participant
                @crile1
                MemberContributor

It was an easy mod.  There are TONS of flasherforMS commands.  In fact, I have overlapping light animations because I added all of my “usual” animations before testing it.  Pinwizkid had made subroutines with flasherforMS commands for all sorts of things including a multiball animation.  I had to remove my multiball animation.  It also forced me to get more creative with the ball launch procedure since he had already animated it.  I may end up doing a revision by actually removing (heresy) some of my flasher animations because of the overlap.  Anyhow, it makes this a fun game, especially with the room lights low.  The lights, the sounds, the music, and the 2.6 physics gives me that old arcade feel.  Again, I think this is a time where DOFLINX transforms a mediocre game into a real gem.

Dr.Tom
                Participant
                  @crile1
                  MemberContributor

STAT, for the DOFLINX games, you need to have DOFLINX installed (at least the vbs file) for the game to run,  even in desktop or a cab without the toys.  This is because the DOFLINX commands replace the sound commands for a lot of the objects and you’ll get an error when you try to play the game.  I discovered this when I played one of my own mods on my desktop and realized that I had only installed DofLinx on my cabinet.  Just download doflinx and put the vbs script in a script folder in future pinball  (you’ll have to create the folder).  However,  if you do have toys, lights, and a running DOF for VP already, then simply install DOFLINX to your DOF folder.  TerryRed has a tutorial for this on this site as well as vpf.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

It was an easy mod. There are TONS of flasherforMS commands. In fact, I have overlapping light animations because I added all of my “usual” animations before testing it. Pinwizkid had made subroutines with flasherforMS commands for all sorts of things including a multiball animation. I had to remove my multiball animation. It also forced me to get more creative with the ball launch procedure since he had already animated it. I may end up doing a revision by actually removing (heresy) some of my flasher animations because of the overlap. Anyhow, it makes this a fun game, especially with the room lights low. The lights, the sounds, the music, and the 2.6 physics gives me that old arcade feel. Again, I think this is a time where DOFLINX transforms a mediocre game into a real gem.

Haha…now you know my pain! :)

This is what I meant by sometimes I spend alot of time putting animated effects in a table….just to find myself removing some of them afterward.  :(  Each table is different, so it takes some play testing to see the results in all situations.

My new, normal routine is for adding DOFLinx is:

-add DOF Timer, and all the standard basic startup essentials

-add FF_Sound commands for solenoids: flippers, bumpers, slings,etc.  Disable any”sound effects” in the editor or “playsound” commands in the script as needed

-add slingshot and bumper flashers. You can usually use either a flasher on the table, or a “bulb” on the bumper as a reference to match up your flasher using flasherforMS commands.

-add left / right / center drain animations

-add TILT animations

-add launch (even if there is only a plunger), coin, start buttons. Sooooo easy for me to do now!

-determine what flashers should match up with the 5 RGB flashers. Some tables have more than 5 flashers. Sonic has a CRAP load of flashers!

-add DOFLinx flasherforMS commands to match up with the equivalent flashers on the table. By far the best DOFLinx command, and the most satisfying since it takes so much of the guess work out for you.

Now we have a “standard” complete table with flashers and feedback. (no strobes, beacon, shaker, gear, fan)   I did this with Avatar in mostly one sitting.

At this point I give the table a first playthrough, and see how all the flashers work out, and which ones may need to be removed. This is where all the extra custom animations start to be put in, but for the more fancy tables….this is an ongoing process.

Most of my DOFLinx commands and code are all in one section at the end of the script.  I now use mostly sub routines for everything I can. This has allowed for a standard, “copy and paste” section that can be easily tailored for each table as needed. Things like solenoids, sling, bumpers, buttons, drain, tilt are all the “norm” for each table so they are quick and easy.

At this point the only thing we can’t do with DOFLinx is match up the light sequences (the “bulbblink” sequences) with an equivalent DOFLinx command, as we don’t have one.  I have been begging DDH69 to try to see if he can create an equivalent “flashblink” or “fadeblink” command.  It can save soooo much time, and would allow us to match up a tables flashers and animations almost exactly with a few simple commands.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Gave this a go today with feedback. Nice use of the blower fan! Works perfect with the Sonic “spin” launch sound.

A great example of a table that doesn’t need to be complex….just flashy, noisy and fun!

Dr.Tom
                      Participant
                        @crile1
                        MemberContributor

Thanks, I was hoping it would work.  I’d like to see the full effect, but I don’t have a blower fan.  The whole launch actually has the shaker go off with plunger pull, plunger pull light trail animation, blower fan with plunger release, and then flasherforMS animation with ball launch.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

I did a similar effect for PFX2 and TPA when DOFLinx was just DOFFX2.  It works very well for some tables, and is a cool combined effect.

Do you have a gear motor?  If so, does it only make noise? Or can you feel it go off at all?

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

My gear motor you can only hear. I can feel it I suppose but only because I hear it if that makes sense?  :wacko:

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

TerryRed
                              @terryred

My gear motor you can only hear. I can feel it I suppose but only because I hear it if that makes sense? :wacko:

Is it quick to respond and move? Or is there any kind of delay?  I’m doing DOFLinx for Avatar right now, and I’m adding Gear motor to the AMP Walker rotating and moving. I have it timed well with my blower fan, but its pretty quick movements. Just wondering…. also wonder if you ever notice a gear motor and a shaker running at the same time, or do they muffle each other out?

senseless
                              Participant
                                @senseless

Thanks! Will give it a spin today, never played this table but will with DOFLinx :).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?