Sons of Anarchy (Original 2019) VPX MOD

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    ALDiode
    Participant
      @aldiode

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/sons-of-anarchy-original-2019-vpx-mod/

Here is a mod of Javier’s FP to VPX conversion of Pinwizkid’s (Brendan Bailey) awesome Future Pinball original Metal Slug. Thanks to both of them for allowing mods.

Being a fan of the FX Television original series, Sons of Anarchy (completely binge worthy if you haven’t seen it :), I wanted to create a table that uses the music, art, and best scenes from the series. It should be noted that this is an R-Rated series with some violence, strong language, and adult themes, so it would not be suitable for young eyes and ears.

I was able to cobble together a playfield, plastics, soundtrack, sound effects, and DMD video clips from the internet (none from any Horsepin table that I am aware of :) to create this mod.

I changed the rules, features, and gameplay to suit the theme and support the story line so this plays very different, but similar to the original Metal Slug table.

I have thrown about a million balls at this table during testing and feel that I have it pretty well bug free at this point. Please let me know if you find anything that is not working correctly and I will get right on it!

Enjoy!

AL

Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

WOW this is ANOTHER original surprise. thanks Aldiode looks great :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Watacaractr
        Participant
          @watacaractr

Downloading it now. Love this show! Awesome job! :)

tommygavinrocks
          Participant
            @tommygavinrocks

Looks great! Thank you!

NickD
            Participant
              @nickd

getting a script error line 130 null..please advise..thanks in advance

Nick

ALDiode
              Participant
                @aldiode

getting a script error line 130 null..please advise..thanks in advance

You need the fpvpx.vbs for proper functioning of the table. Sorry. I knew that I forgot something. Here is the vbs file that you need to unzip and add to your pinball/scripts folder. I’ll add it to the table upload later.

AL

Attachments:
                ivantba
                Participant
                  @ivantba

What a surprise! Nice work! Here is the gameplay video:

https://youtu.be/2BKnh7V65IE

GAH1068
                  Participant
                    @gah1068

You need the file FPVPX.VBS in order to play this table.   I did not have it installed either.    I was able to find it by downloading Metal Gear which includes the file.     This fixed the issue for me.

ALDiode
                    Participant
                      @aldiode

You need the file FPVPX.VBS in order to play this table. I did not have it installed either. I was able to find it by downloading Metal Gear which includes the file. This fixed the issue for me.

I have added it to the table zip file. All is well. Thanks for your patience.

AL

ALDiode
                      Participant
                        @aldiode

I enjoyed watching someone other than me play this table. Actually, it was your Streets of Rage table that gave me the inspiration to start this one. I added the right magnasave to give you a halfway decent shot at hitting the upper left kicker needed to start multiball. It’s limited and not a sure thing so use it wisely….

AL

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

man, two weeks into 2019 and its a great start.  Thanks for this awesome table and what a great theme.  I watched the first couple seasons of this show but unfortunately I felt it became more of a primetime soap opera and less bad assedness that it started.  I did love Katey Sagal, ever since she was on married with children….wait.. could that be the next tv themed table :yahoo:  .  anyhow, great execution and love the theme, keep up the great work

Arngrim
                          Participant
                            @arngrim
                            DOF MinisterMember

this table is interesting, really liked the serie, and now i have a beefy vp pc to work with, i’m more eager to look at those original tables :)

but i have to look at metal slug first, never downloaded it…  :scratch: , then at this one, thanks for doing it :)

ivantba
                            Participant
                              @ivantba

I enjoyed watching someone other than me play this table. Actually, it was your Streets of Rage table that gave me the inspiration to start this one. I added the right magnasave to give you a halfway decent shot at hitting the upper left kicker needed to start multiball. It’s limited and not a sure thing so use it wisely….

AL

I’m glad to have inspired your work on my Streets of Rage:) There is potential in the table, that’s for sure. Thank You!

chdim62
                              Participant
                                @chdim62

Nice table!
                                All the sound (music and pinball) are coming out from the playfield speakers.
                                Is it possible to separate the sound like others tables ?
                                Thanks!

baalisan
                                Participant
                                  @baalisan

Awesome table AlDiode, thanks for sharing!   :yahoo:

Unfortunately I cannot get it to run, it says…

Line 7131: Object required: ‘Controller’

Line 640: Object required: ‘Controller’

Sorry for the noob ignorance.  Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

ALDiode
                                  Participant
                                    @aldiode

Nice table!

All the sound (music and pinball) are coming out from the playfield speakers.

Is it possible to separate the sound like others tables ?

Thanks!

It is certainly possible to separate the sounds. I haven’t the means to do it though. I only have one set of speakers in my cabinet. A pair in the backbox with a subwoofer in the base. Perhaps someone else could help with this?

Sorry.

AL

ALDiode
                                    Participant
                                      @aldiode

Awesome table AlDiode, thanks for sharing! :yahoo:

Unfortunately I cannot get it to run, it says…

Line 7131: Object required: ‘Controller’

Line 640: Object required: ‘Controller’

Sorry for the noob ignorance. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

You need to install UltraDMD that can be found here…

https://ultradmd.wordpress.com/download/

AL

baalisan
                                      Participant
                                        @baalisan

Thanks ALDiode.  I tried that and still no luck, same error messages occur.  This is the only UltraDMD table I cannot run so I must be doing something wrong.  Anyway thank you very much, your time and efforts are very much appreciated.

multigame1209
                                        Participant
                                          @multigame1209

What an awesome table!

Have only 1 issue…

After loading the .vbx (from VP10 or via PinballX) the mouse cursor goes to screen 1, which is my backglass. Now the music goes out and the game will not accept inputs (coin, exit etc.). I have to move the mouse to the playfield screen (in my case screen 3) and then rightclick to activate the emulator again. Now it works fine. After a restart this happens again.

I have about 500 games running and this is the only game with this issue.

Please advise.

VONSENSEY
                                          Participant
                                            @vonsensey

Hello such a great work thanks a lot and what a surprise for a french biker like me to play SOA during long cold winter nights…but no DOF no toys is that normal ? Did I miss something ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?