Sopranos, The (Stern 2005)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/sopranos-the-stern-2005/

this is a strip and rebuild of Frens beta (or early sopranos release),

the primitives where set to collidable and allot of funky ball movement was happening.

if you still think the physics are off in this version,  then do us all a favor and fix it.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Total of 40 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Ben Logan2
      Participant
        @benlogan2

Thanks, 32a (and Fren)! Can’t wait to play it.

Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

Thank you very much 32assassins.

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

Played a few games last night. Awesome table! However; i couldnt get the safe to crack open. I would get the sound saying one more should do it, but then nothing after at.

Johngreve
            Participant
              @johngreve

Wow!

Nice job….and you’ve really got the physics dialed in pefectly. Cant imagine it playing better than this. Well done sir!

marie
              Participant
                @marie

Thanks, getting a chance to play a Waste Management Consultant again… :good:

Kalavera3
                Participant
                  @kalavera3

This table I like a lot, I’m a fan of the series, thanks for all the work done in these tables

grunger
                  Participant
                    @grunger

Awesome build – Thank you! (one of so many you’ve just released!)

ROM sounds actually seem OK here for what its’ worth (5 year old i5 quad core)

Someone above mentioned the safe – I’ve also noticed the safe doesn’t respond to the final hit – it will count down and then not finally open up.

Also once I noticed the ball come to an almost instant stop coming down the left outline just as it hit the flipper as I held it up (it didn’t roll up the flipper, just stopped almost dead)

The only alterations I’ve made is to the X and Y scaling (1920×1200 here)

Sven34
                    Participant
                      @sven34

Thank you very much 32assassin, But the safe can not be opened.

32assassin
                      Participant
                        @32assassin

so does anyone know if the safe animation works on Frens version?

I will take a look, but the safe animation code was not modified.

@grunger

can you make a video or a picture where the ball stops,  I cannot seem to duplicate your error.

DJRobX
                          @djrobx
                          MemberModerator

ROM sounds actually seem OK here for what its’ worth (5 year old i5 quad core)

There should be no reason to use faked ROM sounds anymore.   The sound CPU is the same as SAM.  Performance has been improved, CPUs have gotten faster, and the buffering issues have been addressed.  Problems playing those samples should be long gone.    The fake sounds in the table are quite low quality, the ROM is much better.

DJRobX
                            @djrobx
                            MemberModerator

The issue with the safe is that the PrisonT timer is missing, so PrisonT_Timer never gets called.

Make a new timer PrisonT with interval 10.   Update the code as follows (just added a PrisonT.enabled to solsafe around line 185, and uncommented the lines that stop the timer further down)

https://pastebin.com/TuH3hU2k

3 users thanked author for this post.
                            Nate
                            Participant
                              @nkachelmeyer

Thanks for the quick fix DJRobX. Worked great! Safe opened and then shot ball in and safe closed. Thanks again!

I spoke to soon. Safe working, but now after going around the ramp to the left of the safe it ejects the ball and gets stuck under the pop bumper. It shouldn’t even go to this kicker from this ramp correct?

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB
                              force exclusive fullscreen mode in 1080p

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              32assassin
                              Participant
                                @32assassin

just uploaded a table with the kicker adjustment

I also added a hidden wall to keep the ball from kicking into the bumpers

reduced the height of wall25 to height of 25 , this should be low enough for a weak kickout to clear the wall but high enough to keep the ball from rolling back

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                DJRobX
                                  @djrobx
                                  MemberModerator

For me the ball is just getting stuck trying to kick repeatedly (attached animated gif, click on it to see).  Maybe we should try invisible 1 way gate?

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

rennervision
                                  Participant
                                    @rennervision

Yeah, exact same thing is happening to me too.

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

it looks like the ball is bouncing off the hidden wall and back into the kicker

select the hidden wall and change the elasticity from .3 to .01

it should work

video in debug mod ball is being kicked out

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgdq7zz3fq8525v/capture-1.avi?dl=0

Attachments:
                                      HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

here is the fix with using the tools we have to figure out where the ball should be going…
                                        fixes in yellow… also take notice of the kicker positioning…
                                        the angle of the kicker so the ball clears all the object is 54 degrees
                                        using randr’s protractor and two lights to represent the ball to clear the posts and a wall to line this up… it now works perfect
                                        of course all the stuff was deleted after (just in case someone is going to ask)

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                        DJRobX
                                          @djrobx
                                          MemberModerator

Oooh I haven’t seen the protractor before, that’s cool!   Thanks for the fix.

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

me thinks you did some other physics changes too…  I also had to comment out the kickz=1 line as well before it would work for me. (just desktop, not cab).

-Mike

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?