Sopranos, The (Stern 2005)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Sven
    Participant
      @donbrain

Hi Guys

i tested and change the parameters, but doesnt work for me.

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

using  download table from the site and the changes I made is working perfect… please give example of what isnt working….

my fix link

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Nate
        Participant
          @nkachelmeyer

Hey Haunt. The latest download from site is working for me. Nailed that safe over and over and got up to capo without the ball getting stuck once.  Same with the kicker after entering the ramp left of safe. So all working for me.

I did look at some real Sopranos game play online and when the ball goes up the ramp to the left of the safe it gets stopped by the post above the safe and then releases to the right towards the boat.

In VPX version it is dropping down through the wall into the kicker that was causing the ball issues with first release, so if that wall is made solid maybe the ball travels to the right like the real game?

I am still learning the editor, so I do not know how to even make the wall solid yet, but will look it up and try it.

Great work getting this fixed so fast. You guys have really given me an obsessive hobby!  :good:

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB
          force exclusive fullscreen mode in 1080p

Attachments:
          32assassin
          Participant
            @32assassin

the wall you circled “wall25” is solid; its the wall I set to height of 25, it should be high enough to keep the ball from rolling back into the kicker,  when the ball is  shot up left of the safe.

are saying that the ball is rolling into the kicker?

if it is remove the

line 226

Wall25.isdropped = false

and

line 229

Wall25.isdropped = true

their is no need to drop the wall because the ball should be going over the wall when its kicked out,  if its not,  my next step is to remove the wall and add a one way gate.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

I wish would could see what is really going on here… if we only had more of a top view…

5404-55_new

Attachments:
              Nate
              Participant
                @nkachelmeyer

Watching more youtube videos of a real Sopranos gameplay there are 2 things going on here.

1. When the ball enters the safe it does kick it out the back of the safe up and to the right. Then the ball travels toward the boat. (currently working in latest VPX version I downloaded today)
                2.  When the ball goes up the ramp to the left of the safe it gets stopped by the post above the safe and then the post retracts and releases the ball to the right towards the boat. (in VPX, instead of the post releasing it to the right it is dropping it into the safe where the kicker is instead of just rolling to the right toward the boat. Kicker then kicks ball to the right toward the boat.

Basically, the kicker is involved with the ball entering the safe, but it should not be involved when the ball travels up the left ramp and gets stopped above the safe.

With this in mind the wall I circled must be a low enough wall that the kicker can kick the ball over to exit the back of the safe, but also be be high enough that a ball rolling by or stopping by the wall via the post would not allow the ball to drop into the safe from above when the post releases the ball. (Or as 32assassin mentioned, a one way gate may do the trick)

I hope that makes sense. I am confused thinking about it.  :wacko:

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

I hope that makes sense. I am confused thinking about it. :wacko:

I 100% agree…. as much as this pains me to my core, I despise Todd… but you can see in this video about 8:45 you can see the ball kicks or more or less dribbles out of the kicker… so much less violent than the original VPX setting, its why I set it to 15 ….. so at that velocity maybe Robs suggestion of a one way gate will work to stop the ball from dropping in the kicker when it goes up that left lane… save yourself the pain and turn the volume down to you cant hear that tard…

Nate
                  Participant
                    @nkachelmeyer

I share your pain of listening to that guy. He’s a goofball. I found a bad pic from above and a video. Watch at 2:10-2:50

Attachments:
                    HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

ok a little digging I found this…. man it is really hard to tell how the F**K this is suppose to work…. I dont even like this machine, but its driving me nuts…. (if you live in NJ you would understand why)

5404-55_new-1

Attachments:
                      32assassin
                      Participant
                        @32assassin

Watching more youtube videos of a real Sopranos gameplay there are 2 things going on here.

1. When the ball enters the safe it does kick it out the back of the safe up and to the right. Then the ball travels toward the boat. (currently working in latest VPX version I downloaded today)
                        2. When the ball goes up the ramp to the left of the safe it gets stopped by the post above the safe and then the post retracts and releases the ball to the right towards the boat. (in VPX, instead of the post releasing it to the right it is dropping it into the safe where the kicker is instead of just rolling to the right toward the boat. Kicker then kicks ball to the right toward the boat.

Basically, the kicker is involved with the ball entering the safe, but it should not be involved when the ball travels up the left ramp and gets stopped above the safe.

With this in mind the wall I circled must be a low enough wall that the kicker can kick the ball over to exit the back of the safe, but also be be high enough that a ball rolling by or stopping by the wall via the post would not allow the ball to drop into the safe from above when the post releases the ball. (Or as 32assassin mentioned, a one way gate may do the trick)

I hope that makes sense. I am confused thinking about it. :wacko:

makes complete sense given that that’s what version 1.0.2 is doing now

wall25 is set to a height of 25

its low enough for the ball to be kicked out from the kicker

and

high enough to keep the ball from rolling into the kicker

I also updated the post it was moving sideways  and not up and down.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

ok… I believe I solved this…. its working for me… and seems like how the real machine would work
                          -make a new wall 50 units high (make its collidable but uncheck “can drop”)
                          -select wall25 and uncheck “can drop”
                          – open script and comment out lines in pic

5404-55_new-2

Attachments:
                          HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

ok… I also noticed the centerpin primitive wasnt dropping it was moving to the side
                            the script was set to CenterPin.transY when it should be CenterPin.transX
                            here’s the correct code

Sub SolCenterLock(Enabled)
                                If Enabled Then
                                    CenterPost.IsDropped = 1
                            		CenterPin.transZ =-40
                            		playsound SoundFX("Popper",DOFContactors)
                            	Else
                            		CenterPost.IsDropped = 0
                            		CenterPin.transZ = 0
                                End If
                            End Sub
                            HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

ok so since I have added somany fixes for the safe/kicker/wall/pin
                              here is my full night of testing fixed version….

Sopranos, The (Stern 2005)safe_fix.vpx

7 users thanked author for this post.
                              Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

I was about to suggest you did a upload of your fixes HF. Will try it out this afternoon. Still haven’t had time to play this or Safe-cracker. So, thank you in advance B-)

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Thanks 32assassin, and thanks again Hauntfreaks … looks like you moving to a Top Author :good:

Nate
                                  Participant
                                    @nkachelmeyer

Thanks 32assassin and Hauntfreaks. I will try it when I get home from work today.

Update: Just got done with a few games and it is perfect. Very smooth transitions and works great. Again, thanks to you both for fixing. I learned some stuff along the way as well. Keep doing what you guys do. I can’t wait to see what is next!

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

vpmNudge.TiltSwitch = 56

Change vpmNudge.Tilswitch to the above and then you may be able get a tilt. Unfortunately, Sterns or I should say SAM tables seems to read the bob either very seldom or there is some kind of hold-off timer involved. So a strong shake only get a single warning each time until the max set in rom is reached.

Great improvements 32a and thank you HF for the quick fix.

rennervision
                                      Participant
                                        @rennervision

Thanks 32assassin and Hauntfreaks.

Really love it.

Kach069
                                        Participant
                                          @kach069

You better give him the money!!!!!

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

My Table Looks a bit “Grey”, don’t know why, because Screen here Looks ok … :scratch:
                                            Otherwise, very nice Build :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?