Sorry if you got a spam pm

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

things can get through and seems one did. Sorry about that but it can happen

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

You guys all got them?  Man… I thought I had been specially selected to hear her proposal.  I’m pretty bummed now.

Micronaut
        Participant
          @micronaut

I do not understand the argument of this thread, why can there be unwanted mail and for what reasons?

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I do not understand the argument of this thread, why can there be unwanted mail and for what reasons?

It’s spam. Bots for whatever reason attack WordPress sites or any site for that matter. Are you saying you never see spam in your regular email? Or Facebook? If you don’t I think you’ve been very lucky.

for IOS and Android

Micronaut
            Participant
              @micronaut

not knowing inglish languaje,i use a translate for comunication with yours I did not know the context of what you wanted to say, besides, it’s not a matter of luck, I do not have facebook or twiter and my email is very inactive, I only use it to create accounts in wew pages,

at 53 years old I am not up to date with the new technologies,
              sorry if you think my previous comment was inappropriate,nothing further from my intention

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

I thought “finally, someone out there thinks I’m special”.  Apparently I was wrong  :(

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

I’m must be so unattractive that I was not even considered to be spammed B-)

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

I turned off registration until I can sneak away from work and look at why it happens

for IOS and Android

rebecca
                    Participant
                      @rebecca

A quick search on “keran gerni” turned up the information that this individual has spammed forums all over the internet with the exact same message.

Nemo
                      Participant
                        @nemo

Damn…just as i was thinking i could get lucky…… :bye:   :wacko:

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

keran gerni”… this individual has spammed forums all over the internet with the exact same message.

It’s just a bot… randr has things pretty locked down here… I think I have had two of these since I have been here.  Not a big deal at all.

Certain other sites it’s more frequent and, holy moley… you should see my email.  Keran Gerni and her many oddly named friends have a party up in there all night long.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

I agree with drybonz It’s really no big deal but I will lock things up tighter :good:

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

Phil Docker
                            Participant
                              @dock

Really love to reply to the guy using this guys technique.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I can only assume people reply to these emails.

for IOS and Android

Mark70
                                Participant
                                  @mark70

No need to say sorry @randr!
                                  You are doing a lot to keep this site up to date and safe.
                                  Thanks for that!

Drybonz
                                  Participant
                                    @drybonz

I can only assume people reply to these emails.

Yeah… somebody must be replying to them or they would have given up a long time ago… lol.

I had one in my email a while back and they had chosen the name “Mona Lisa”… I believe she wanted me to join her team and work from home, or something like that… haha.    :wacko:

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

LOL! yea its just silly really but it does bother me that they find a way in like that. I am installing a plugin that will not allow you to pm for 24 hours after registration. Typical to punish the good due to the bad :(

for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw
                                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

What if it’s not a bot?  Or at least not a bot registering?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Then its not a bot but a prick. cant stop that can you? lol

@rothbauerw
                                          i think my pool has a leak :(

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Plus i did Change URL “slugs” for registration and members list i am thinking when i set site up i used default slugs “members” and “register” and from what i read the bots attack those default slugs so lets try this change and see if it helps.

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?