VPX Sound won’t play

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    drivin33
    Participant
      @drivin33

Today, when when working on my cab, my hand slipped while moving some files and inadvertently moved or deleted some VPX related files, the result being that the buttons on the cab got all messed up. Because I wasn’t sure what got deleted or moved, I just decided to restore from a recent backup. Because I suspected that the Visual Pinball and PinballX folders were the ones affected, I renamed both to .old and restored from the backup. This fixed the cab button problem, but now I am unable to get any sound in VPX from the sound card that drives the speakers in the backglass. The table sound card works fine in VPX, but not the blackglass sounds. I know there is no issue with the driver because all other sounds (playing a video, Windows system sounds, etc.) except VPX work on that card. PinballX sounds like the sound made when flipping thru tables and starting a table are also fine. Also any table that uses Altsound via Pinsound works fine. Of course I have the correct card chosen in the VPX preferences and I have reinstalled VPX using the all in one installer and then re-applied the latest VPX beta (which is what I was running before all of this happened), but no luck. No matter what I do, I am unable to get backglass sounds to play in VPX. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

N3roflint
      Participant
        @n3roflint

Maybe this is the solution?

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=34655#entry342289

drivin33
        Participant
          @drivin33

That was the solution, thank you! When my cab buttons got all screwed up, I now recall when I was hitting the left flipper button that I saw the volume indicator go down. Somehow my deleting/moving of files remapped the flipper button to reduce the volume and now having restored everything, using the + put it back. A simple solution that I totally overlooked.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?