Sounds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Genesis38
    Participant
      @genesis38

I apologize if this question has been asked before. Has anyone been able to take the sounds a physical contactor or solenoid used in DOF and import it into a table using SSF? I really like the sounds some of the Siemens contactors and ford starter soneloids make in the flippers, bumpers and slings but really don’t want to start messing with my cab, as I have my ssf dialed in nicely and enjoy it quite a bit.

Just wanted to get some ideas and opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Honestly. That is the last thing I would even consider doing. I don’t love my Ford starters that much ;) I would much rather have a clean, real pinball sound to re-use over tables than these examples.There is only one sound I really love from my DOF and that is my knocker, and that is of course because it is a real pinball part. Don’t get me wrong though. Dof has its place in my cab, but, not for getting the sound right. Both BorgDog and Outhere use real pinball parts and that is what I would do, if I where to re-build today.

The truth is that we don’t have enough good samples to choose from. I’ve ripped some sounds from a few games online and it has improved some of the games to me. It is not going to be perfect doing it this way, but, better than not doing anything at all. There are a few tables where the ripped sounds has been used in the official release. Bumpers on Ice fever and Dipsy Doodle variants comes to mind. People who own real machines could contribute a lot making recordings of their machines, but, make sure that the rom sound is turned all the way down or preferably off.

Genesis38
        Participant
          @genesis38

Thank you for the feedback Thalamus. Very good info. Was worth asking. I’m very happy with my SSF, just thought there was another way to add some more real pinball sounds to the taes but it sounds like the real way, is to add real pinball parts, such as flipper mechanisms etc.  Something I’ve been considering and will do a bit more reading on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?