South Park (Sega 1999)_Bigus(MOD)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Bigus1
    Participant
      @bigus1

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=203323

This wicked table from Knorr is great fun. This was my first VPX table download and what a cracker of an introduction!

My main mission was to fix the crashing during multiball, but then I went

and gave it a makeover and fixed a ball trap as well.

Enjoy :)

Total of 29 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      KrakenByte
      Participant
        @krakenbyte

Thank you! :good:

OSouth Park GIF - SouthPark - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

KrakenByte Kraken

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I can’t recall this table crashing on me ? In what cases does that happen ?

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

I’ve never had it crash either?  Been a while since I played it though, perhaps one of the VPX 10.6 betas had affected something

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Fixes ? There weren’t any Issues in the latest Version …
              Can you explain that ? Also waiting for a Coment from @Knorr

Knorr
              Participant
                @knorr
                vipContributor

Fixes ? There weren’t any Issues in the latest Version …

Can you explain that ? Also waiting for a Coment from @Knorr

Not quite sure. The crashes with the different holes should be fixed since 1.2. But I have to admit that i didn’t  played the table for a long time, and since the pinmame timer changed along with the vpx updates I had also various problems later…

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

hmmmmmmm… :scratch:

Rajo Joey
                  Participant
                    @joey2001

I don’t have problems with crashes. The VR-version also works well. :unsure:

ashleyb
                    Participant
                      @ashleyb

Is any table safe from this guy?  The best one was when he “claimed” to have updated Knorr’s Star Trek TNG which was already perfect!  Unbelievable!  I refuse to download anything with the “_Bigus” suffix.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@knorr i unapproved this until you let me know the mod was approved. Sorry just want to make sure

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

@randr : Approved based upon this message. https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/star-trek-the-next-generation-williams-1993_bigusmod/#post-174444

What I like to know is simply why he states that the table doesn’t work. It isn’t ages since I played it last. Once I learned the rules, I started enjoying it more. Goes for any machine I guess. The only thing I felt I “had to do” was to give it some updated code for SSF.

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

because thats his MO.  He either says he fixes our broken tables or makes our ugly tables look amazing.  If this was VPF 30 new guy would be praising him for the work he did to “build” the table.  I challenged him to build 1, ONE, table of his own and he hasnt.  The sad thing is from doing all these mods he probably has a good handle on how to build a table…  shit Goldchicco is half way up the top thanked people from simply converting VP9 tables in the last year

Mitshiba
                            Participant
                              @mitshiba

I’m  confused too. I have Knorr’s version 1.2 table and it works flawlessly with 10.6 Final and various 10.7 beta builds I’ve tested. Never had any issues with crashing during multi-ball or any of the ball-traps from what I’ve played.

What exactly was different on this one vs. Knorr’s in terms of giving it a makeover?

32assassin
                              Participant
                                @32assassin

@randr : Approved based upon this message. https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/star-trek-the-next-generation-williams-1993_bigusmod/#post-174444

What I like to know is simply why he states that the table doesn’t work. It isn’t ages since I played it last. Once I learned the rules, I started enjoying it more. Goes for any machine I guess. The only thing I felt I “had to do” was to give it some updated code for SSF.

9 out of 10 times multiball code errors are usually due to ball shadow and ball rolling sound errors  because more then 5 balls are added
                                to the table. the default VPX code for this subroutines only support 5 balls;  they need to be updated if the table has more then 5 mulitballs.

go to this site
                                https://www.diffchecker.com/
                                add Knorrs original code to the left
                                add the updated multi ball fix code on the right
                                press “Find difference”  and we will see the difference between the original code and the updated code that fixed any problems.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

flpennstater
                                Participant
                                  @flpennstater

404 error.  Taken down?

naeromagus
                                  Participant
                                    @naeromagus

I play The original Knorr release quite often. I’ve never experienced any issues whatsoever. I find it to be perfect as is. No modding necessary. :unsure:

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

6788E643-7BF7-40C2-85A1-0B06C9B6DA58
                                      less than 1 month old release and there is already a mod to fix lights and physics.  We have seen this before

robertms
                                      Participant
                                        @mophead

I googled “makeover”..

makeover2

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

9 out of 10 times multiball code errors are usually due to ball shadow and ball rolling sound errors because more then 5 balls are added

to the table. the default VPX code for this subroutines only support 5 balls; they need to be updated if the table has more then 5 mulitballs.

go to this site

https://www.diffchecker.com/

add Knorrs original code to the left

add the updated multi ball fix code on the right

press “Find difference” and we will see the difference between the original code and the updated code that fixed any problems.

But, you are talking about script changes. I’ve done many hundred of table changes, said countless times I’m open to put in fixed from the community too. Never heard that anyone complains about that repo or been contacted by Bigus for that matter. Actually. He seems to ignore the fact that tables since 10.4 has directional sound.

32assassin
                                          Participant
                                            @32assassin

I don’t know of any other way to fix a multiball error then by updating the code.  This is why I suggested to compare the code to see the updates

Sega WhiteStar  GI emulation  has been available for multiple years.  And this “updated”  code still has the script controlled GI that was used before PINMAME had GI support for Sega/Stern.

If I took a guess I would say that he used version 1.0 or 1.1  (table info = table date 8.5.2016)  witch might have the outdated code for the Kenny and Cartman kickers

Version 1.2  is dated 18.5.2016

V1.2
                                            Rebuild KennyKickers
                                            Rebuild CartmanKickers

not one of my top to go tables so I cant say this for a fact

but if you are using version 1.2  you should have no problems the only major difference I saw is the number of kickers used for the  Cartman and Kenny holes and a few Z direction kicks disabled.

https://www.diffchecker.com/T2DSMZG9

Capture

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?