South Park (Sega 1999)_Bigus(MOD)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

There is also a version on vbdb.io that is uploaded as 1.2, but, the script itself has 1.3 info – the same script that is in the git repository. I don’t know. To me it seems like a downgrade with changed playfield lights. Would not be the first time I’m sorry to say. Oh, well. Happy with the version I’ve got already.

Knorr
      Participant
        @knorr
        vipContributor

There is also a version on vbdb.io that is uploaded as 1.2, but, the script itself has 1.3 info – the same script that is in the git repository. I don’t know. To me it seems like a downgrade with changed playfield lights. Would not be the first time I’m sorry to say. Oh, well. Happy with the version I’ve got already.

Yeah, that’s the reason why I stopped uploading to different sources. I confused myself and somewhere in between I left this table and started working on roadshow I believe…. So I don’t know either how the 1.3 came up. Neverless the 1.2 here should be the right one.

Thalamus
          @thalamus

Uh. See that my last sentence could be misunderstood. I’m talking about the code for this mod is a downgrade, if that wasn’t clear.

Bigus1
          Participant
            @bigus1

For the record. I contacted the author and outlined what I had done and was told, same as last time, “Yeah go for it”, which by his own public declaration means I’m free to do whatever to the table. By the book. It gets published but within hours is pulled down so a forensic team can pick it to pieces and try to figure-out what’s been done.  I assume everyone is subjected to that treatment, right? It shouldn’t matter what’s been done to it – it’s my offering and people are free to take it or leave it. I’m not doing anything without approval or against the rules. Same as last time.

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Relax. You self proclaimed gift to the community. I’m questioning your way of announcing this mod. Want to remind you that I was the one that approved it in the first place. Drawn back a couple of hours, I guess, because of your previous behavior, and I can’t fault that at all to be honest. What I’m seeing is nothing new, coming from you unfortunately. I haven’t investigated anything on this table (actually not run it) except asking a question about what was claimed not to be working. 32a provided me what I needed, the script which I then again compared very quickly I admit vs the newest known release. There has been many things done since 1.0 to 1.2 (3). That I can’t find you’ve included. I know for a fact that this is far from the first time it has happened. You are not working on the latest release, claiming things that has been fixed already.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Tom
              Bigus1
              Participant
                @bigus1

Others have complained of the the same crash I was getting in the 1.2 version in the table’s support page. It’s not an update – it’s a mod. And it can’t crash due to the previous problem. I used the 1.1 version, so maybe it’s missing something – dunno – but it’s not an update.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Then why don’t you tell that it is based upon a old version and you have no clue to what was fixed between 1.1 to 1.2 ? To me, it sounds like that is what you’re saying. Don’t you see that it is very misleading claiming that you’ve fixed something that you’ve got no clue to if was fixed in a later release ? I don’t say that you didn’t fix anything, I don’t know. I’m just trying to address what I think is bad and misleading behavior on your part, once again.

Bigus1
                  Participant
                    @bigus1

Ok done. No claims.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Thank you. Appreciated. :good:

chucky87
                      Participant
                        @chucky87

hi bigus your concern is that you do not use the latest version of the existing table. I already told you to check the last time you worked on a vp9 to vpx conversion version (TORPEDO) while a 3D vpx version existed. why work on old versions? we have the impression that you want all the tables to wear your (bigus mod) by having sometimes changed just a few lights and its me I do not agree. on the other hand, your work on the lighting is very good. Your way of doing things, she doesn’t have it. that’s my opinion.

WED21
                        Participant
                          @wed21

I just used to come to this site because it had the best tables and it wasn’t over run with Bigus “Mods” and halfbaked Goldchico conversions like the other site. I guess that’s over………

DeathInc
                          Participant
                            @deathincclan

I just used to come to this site because it had the best tables and it wasn’t over run with Bigus “Mods” and halfbaked Goldchico conversions like the other site. I guess that’s over………

Where else are you going to go??  Don’t be that guy.

I like the option of choice.  I try all new releases (Mods) and if I like them better then the original or the graphics are better, I use said Mod. It is the option of choice.

If the Modder gets permission to mod then all is good I though.  He is not trying to hide that its a mod.  It says Bigus_mod on every one.  If you don’t like his work then don’t download it.

Look people, this Covid shit has got us all on edge.  Lets try a little more compassion for each other for a bit until this passes.  Please, lets try to look on the bright side for a bit.

I am not on any ones side here. I just want this to be the “get away” it used to be.

This is just my opinion.  Thanks for listening.

Tom
                            Participant
                              @armyaviation
                              MemberContributor

That’s why you don’t let ever joe out there mod your tables, I don’t get it.  If there’s nothing wrong with the tables you build then why do they need to be modded.  I may not be the best at lighting but if you don’t like it, build your own table.  I wouldn’t be opposed to anyone modding my tables, but if your gonna do it, then put the work in and use blender and make it look beautiful.  Don’t just take a nice table and do some bullshit adjustments to stock vpx lights and call it a mod.  corona virus or not, that’s some weak ass bullshit :negative:

sheltemke
                              Participant
                                @sheltemke

and halfbaked Goldchico conversions like the other site.

He is Goldchicco just to say his name correctly.

Wed21 i don’t know why you judge him but i think these are those kind of comments why some author stopped make his tables/mods/converts.

Goldchicco did amazing job CONTINOUSLY since a while, he converted so many(wanted) VP9 table to VPX which missed badly i cannot count anymore.

Half Baked? We not have the same skills / same free time to learn etc etc but he contributed VERY lot, he is one of the most active authors now. Every conversion can be a “base” and if you not like something in it you can change/improve it to yourself.

6 users thanked author for this post.
                                flstclasic
                                Participant
                                  @flstclasic

I agree! Thank you Goldchicco!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  ashleyb
                                  Participant
                                    @ashleyb

That’s why you don’t let ever joe out there mod your tables, I don’t get it. If there’s nothing wrong with the tables you build then why do they need to be modded. I may not be the best at lighting but if you don’t like it, build your own table. I wouldn’t be opposed to anyone modding my tables, but if your gonna do it, then put the work in and use blender and make it look beautiful. Don’t just take a nice table and do some bullshit adjustments to stock vpx lights and call it a mod. corona virus or not, that’s some weak ass bullshit :negative:

A typical example of this is the @bigus1 “lighting mod” of Kiwi’s Wipeout table on the other site.  Again a table that in my opinion looked great already and which didn’t require a publicly available modded version.

Bigus1
                                    Participant
                                      @bigus1

Can you guys take your love/hate fest off of my table support page. I don’t give a stuff what you think. I do this for my own enjoyment and if the authors say OK, that’s all the approval I need.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Well said Sheltemke. Goldchicco is doing a great job, and even greater service to our community. The way I see it. He has found a general method to get the tables working coming from VP9 to VPX. Do they all play as well as if he spent months on each one, fine tuning every table element ? No, not right away, but he is still learning and most importantly, listening to advice and improving on the tables. Any guy, that put in the work that he does, should have that right to decide if they want your advice or not. What I do know is that these tables – converted to VPX plays and looks much better that what I’ve got for VP9. I for one are very much appreciative for the work he is doing.

And @bigus1 – I can’t care less.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                        Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

It’s sad when someone takes something of yours and hijacks it, huh bigus?.   We are just fixing and improving your support thread.  You may get a bunch of praises on how you “build” great tables over at VPF, but here we hold people responsible.

flstclasic
                                          Participant
                                            @flstclasic

We are just fixing and improving your support thread.

LOL.

but he is still learning and most importantly, listening to advice and improving on the tables.

Some people listen to advice and improve things or even themselves; others do/can not take any advice, and think they are always right  and their way is the only way.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?