Space Shuttle (Williams 1984)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Wow Bord, another home run. Love the lighting effects on the shuttle model and around the bumpers, just beautiful ambiance..

Thanks! I modeled the shuttle from scratch. First vehicle I’ve done. It was a good challenge for me.

gtxjoe
      Participant
        @gtxjoe

I was checking out the nfozzy flipper physics and the right flipper trigger object seems to be incorrectly named”TriggerLF1″ instead of “TriggerRF” ;)

rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw
          ModeratorContributorMembervip

I was checking out the nfozzy flipper physics and the right flipper trigger object seems to be incorrectly named”TriggerLF1″ instead of “TriggerRF” ;)

That would be a problem. How did we not notice that?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bord
            @bord

Holy man, the quality control on this thing… How did we ever win the space race? :wacko:

1.0b is uploaded with the fix.

If you don’t want to download again just change ”TriggerLF1″ to “TriggerRF”.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Onevox
            Participant
              @rooster

Look forward to playing. I really enjoy this pin. It looks amazing.

Onevox

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

I’m glad to know that there is a problem with the flipper. I was starting to wonder if I was drunk even when I should be sober :)

makmak
                Participant
                  @makmak

reall nice tale, both versions play very well, thank you for sharing!

offtopic: I am a little confused about the backglass, just found one by “Taito” or Mecatronics on vpinball?! Is it the same as for the williams? If not, link anyone? Thx!

Rajo Joey
                  Participant
                    @joey2001

After playing many games, I notice two things.

The ball jumps a little bit, if he reach the right flipperbat. So I change this and now it runs smooth down the lane.

And mostly the ball jumps back from the left kicker. No problem with the right one. Every shoot there is in the kicker.

Is this like the real one, or should the left kicker a little bit moved, so that the ball gets in?

It’s a hard table and many balls drain but I love playing him. :good:   :yahoo:

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t know. I kind of like that one of the kicker is a bit hard to get and that the ball jumps a bit. Just makes the table a bit harder. But, I see what you’re saying and that is the beauty of vp. If you don’t like it – you can easily change it.

bord
                        @bord

I do really like the kicker rejects on the left if you hit it with too much force. There are angled plates behind the kickers that would have done the same thing.

Lane to flipper transition is an easy tweak to Wall18 but I’m happy with it as-is.

BTW, was looking at some past and future projects. I detect a theme:

• Space Shuttle
                        • Jack Bot
                        • Pin Bot
                        • Galaxy
                        • Space Time
                        • Flight 2000

@manples
                        may have something to say about future projects in this vein… :good:

Draifet
                        Participant
                          @draifet

Thanks @Bord, it meets all the super high standards of your last releases and beyond, super fun to play with playfield physics, awesome rendered visuals with special attention to transparencies, GI On/Off render swaps, rendered shadows, and a lot of details, but that shuttle… WOW! Looks astonishing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Bigmike20vt
                          Participant
                            @bigmike20vt

brilliant, i love this table it is one of my faves and this is perfect as my current version was broken in a recent 10.6 beta.

Thanks

Manolo / ICE
                            Participant
                              @kamerik

Beautiful table , i understand why your hooked on this table :) The physics are great and i love the elasticity of the flippers, it makes it so real, i get hooked too.

But im having major problems getting the balls into the locking holes, it’s nearly impossible for me.

Got any tips ?

Thanks for making and sharing this table Bord.

bord
                                @bord

Sounds like you’re not running 10.6. Without it the holes won’t work. With it they should register at least 75% of the time.

Mr_H
                                Participant
                                  @jhopwood

:good: :good:   :good:

Mr_H
                                  Participant
                                    @jhopwood

INCREDIBLE! I absolutely love this table (never played it before), it’s such a joy to play. It feels so real. Bord! So good man, so good – nice work thank you.

I noticed that the callouts are quiet? 7-digit rom yeah?

rgarriott
                                    Participant
                                      @rgarriott

I do really like the kicker rejects on the left if you hit it with too much force. There are angled plates behind the kickers that would have done the same thing.

Lane to flipper transition is an easy tweak to Wall18 but I’m happy with it as-is.

BTW, was looking at some past and future projects. I detect a theme:

• Space Shuttle
                                      • Jack Bot
                                      • Pin Bot
                                      • Galaxy
                                      • Space Time
                                      • Flight 2000

@manples
                                      may have something to say about future projects in this vein… :good:

@bord
                                      . I love the past and future table list. One other table that fits the theme that im sure you would knock out of the park would be TX-Sector.  Thanks for all your awesome tables and maybe, hopefully we see this table dropped on us one day.

bord
                                        @bord

I know @dozer had a TX Sector in the works but haven’t heard from him in a while. If I had good resources I’d be interested. It’s a good sister table to my favorite Gottlieb of this era: Robo War.

naeromagus
                                        Participant
                                          @naeromagus

I absolutely would Die for a Tx -sector. haha, These gottlieb/premier tables from this era are some of my favorites. The music bits don’t get me started, there is just something about them that i so catchy and makes you want to move while playing more so than usual. Lol :yahoo: c

naeromagus
                                          Participant
                                            @naeromagus

As you can probably tell bord. Im starting off my vacation right with all of the tables to download. That shuttle is your first render ? well you could of tricked me. Another pinball recreation well done my friend. Thank you. now go and take your skills and make you and i a Tx-sector haha

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 95 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?