Space Walk (Gottlieb 1979)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Space Walk (Gottlieb 1979)

Here is an update to my recreation of Gottlieb’s 1979 Space Walk.  This was the last em made by Gottlieb, and also has an ss version Count-Down (which is frankly a better game as the drops reset during a ball, once you get all the drops down on this one not much to do). Added scanned images of the plastics off my Count-Down, changed quite a lot of the scripting to newer methods and playfield objects, high score sticky note with initials, added more to the on-screen menu (hold down left flipper after starting table before starting a game to get to options), and other stuff :)

Thanks to Drybonz for testing and feedback.

Set as usual in portrait playfield mode.

Oh, and there is an Easter Egg hidden in there somewhere, no cheating and looking through the script, bonus points to the first to find :) edit: oops, not really it’s in the Annie table

6 users thanked author for this post.
      BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

edit – randr fixed above, but I’ll leave the pic :)

3 users thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Nice! Thanks for another great classic!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

Guys, if you compare this version to BorgDog’s older version you can really see all the nice little improvements he has done on this table.  It’s a really nice upgrade.

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks for the update. The old version was a staple of my EM playing. Can’t wait to get my DOF chimes working.

Andypc
              Participant
                @andypc

Lots of nice improvements, but the playfield doesn’t look as good as in the previous version? Is this caused by the additional SWshadow file?

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

I like that you keep adding the high score tapes/post its to save scores for these older games, they really make them more interesting to me.

3dcreation

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

I like the little tape hi-scores a lot better than the old sticky notes.  They seem less visually intrusive.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

Thanks for the update. The old version was a staple of my EM playing. Can’t wait to get my DOF chimes working.

the real chimes in my cab are freaking awesome for these old tables, adds so much realism, even more so than the other solenoids/coils I think.

Lots of nice improvements, but the playfield doesn’t look as good as in the previous version? Is this caused by the additional SWshadow file?

I wouldn’t think so for the shadows but it’s possible, but it’s really the same image, scaled up to match the size of the plastics image (same photoshop file) so it’s possible the photoshop scaling blurred it.. I’ll look into it and see if that’s the case.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

I like that you keep adding the high score tapes/post its to save scores for these older games, they really make them more interesting to me.

I like the little tape hi-scores a lot better than the old sticky notes. They seem less visually intrusive.

thanks guys, I also usually add the option in the pop up menu to turn the hi score off if people don’t want it, this table has that option.  I think I borrowed the little tape idea from mfuegemann’s Fast Draw table which is a damn nice table too.  All the letters and numbers on there are actually my hand writing (scribbles) that I photographed and chopped out to use, so if you can’t read them that is why  B-)

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

Here are my FS Settings …

Attachments:
                          1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

All the letters and numbers on there are actually my hand writing (scribbles) that I photographed and chopped out to use, so if you can’t read them that is why B-)

Be just happy its not my hand writing :)

I agree with the others. The tape is really nice. I love to have a high score to reach for.

Koolywiz
                            Participant
                              @koolywiz

Another great table.  I too love the high score note on these old EM tables.  At gatherings they are a hit because everyone wants to see their initials on the table.  Braggin rights. So many nice EM’s out there without it.  Those are the ones nobody wants to play. I really need to learn how to add them.  I tried a year ago and failed miserably.  lol   Thanks again BorgDog!

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

Compare this with Count-Down. Sure, well, this one plays better. Makes me wonder if you have forgotten to upload a updated version of that table ?

BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

Compare this with Count-Down. Sure, well, this one plays better. Makes me wonder if you have forgotten to upload a updated version of that table ?

LOL, I have not done a Count-Down at all… someday after I strip my real one down and scan the playfield then I will update 32assassin’s vpx Count-Down.  It’s on the list, a couple others first.

senseless
                                  Participant
                                    @senseless

Thanks BorgDog, I’m a huge fan of your EM tables :). Never played this one in real life and really like the additional flippers in the upper playfield.

THE MAGICIAN
                                    Participant
                                      @themagician

Hi!
                                      Since I updated VPX to version 10.5, the ball does not get out of the shooter lane.
                                      Can you please help me with this issue?

Greetings

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

There is a bug in the latest beta version where it ignores collideable properties.  It has been reported for ramps, I’ll let them know about this one also.  I dropped back a couple revisions then it worked right again.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?