Spanish Eyes (Williams 1972) [mod]

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

Updating my cab at the moment!

I know i sound stupid, but why is there a “Const cGameName = “spanisheyes_1972″ in an EM-table script? I was looking for a rom because the table won’t start without one. Could someone please help me out of this?

Thanks!

<span style=”font-size: 14pt;”>EDIT!!!</span>

<span style=”font-size: 14pt;”>Just forget what i asked!! Rom was not the problem!!!</span>

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Even though you say that you understand that the rom isn’t needed. I thought it might be a good idea to explain why it is there in the first place, for new bloods. It is necessary because of DOF to have some kind of homogeneous way of knowing what config to use. Real rom name for rom enabled tables, and a “invented” one for EM and Originals.

Schreibi34
        Participant
          @schreibi34

Thanks man! Where do i get it if needed?

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

First, check if the table has been made before. VP[1-10]. If not, pick something descriptive and wait for the community to make the DOF. I haven’t seen any documentation describing the process so now I’m just guessing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Right, for an EM that ROM name can be anything as long as it matches the entry for that table in the dof config tool. If it is a new entry it is as simple as a request to the admins for a new slot in the tool.

I do a little admin stuff over there just for EM tables so if you have something in the works feel free to just send me a PM.

Jopp
              Participant
                @joppnl

Can I ask for your advise?

I really love this table, especially the fantastic bumper in the middle of the flippers, really lovely to play.

But, when I played it tonight, the table is very very very bright (almost need sunglasses…) B-)   actually, it is so bright that you cannot see the state of the insert lights being on either off.

Changing the day/night slider (and of course check the box ‘use this one instead of default’) doesn’t do a thing.

I also tried (by try and error) to adjust the GI lightning intensity but that doesn’t work as well (but I have no clue in what I am doing there, just change intensity values to see if there was a difference noticeable but no).

Also no clue if it’s  something in the table or VPX itself: I’m running latest 10.6 final so I am wondering if anybody with this setup experiences the same (and if there might be a solution for it).

Thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
                Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

This is due to a change halfway through the 10.6 beta cycle. This and a couple other of my projects will have this problem. Make sure the “playfield_mesh” has disable lighting set to 0. LMK if that doesn’t work.

I’ll update this someday but it isn’t at the top of my list right now.

Jopp
                  Participant
                    @joppnl

Thank you Bord:

setting the playfield_mesh to 0 did the tric (thankfully as I have no clue what LMK means….)

It’s as-good as it was before and now also the day/night slider does work  :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

Let Me Know

JediWizard
                      Participant
                        @jediwizard

Thanks for the table Bord and all the work that you do for the VP community. I found out about this table from a 2019 Pinball Tournament.

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?