This topic contains 57 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  charlieshakur 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Author
     trochjochel 
    Participant

the friendly spider from the neighborhood

with a PupPack in widescreen format

works with the Spiderman Vault Edition table rom smanve_101c

Pinup1.4 update now the different Overlays for this Packwill work. download the spideyPinup1.4update.zip open the folder and copy the files screen.pup+triggers.pup+playlist.pup in the mainfolder smanve_101c and overwrite the existing files.

a very good TIp for 2 Screen user with real dmd. and without topper. Go to Puppackeditor set screen 6 dmdtopper to off.And then go to screen 0 topper custom position and use the position from the dmdtopper 2,30,82.5,40,17.5 and set it to forceback

so you get the topper on the backglass with cool animations inkluded text

System: Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

Features:

-21:9 Widescreen for the Backglassvideos

-3 different main toppervideos(to change in the PupPackeditor

-different toppervideos for all main features in the game

-about 100 different Videos

-animated underframe different in every playmodus

-optional PuP-Tracks music (that replaces the mono low quality SAM music). Featuring (high quality stereo) Original Movie Soundtracks from the first 5movies.

-5 different overlay frames changing in every modus.

-different music tracks for every mode in the game.

-works with all cabinet configurations (DMD can be positioned in the bottom text area if required)

-over 70 PuPCapture DMD images being monitored

-240 trigger events

Important! If you have ANY of the above PuP screens "rotated" in the PuP default settings (you shouldn't though), then those same screens will also be rotated in this PuP-Pack!

=====================================================

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

Visual Pinball X 10.5 All in One or higher installed (this is to include newest B2S Server):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

PinMAME 3.2 beta or higher installed:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/

PINUP SYSTEM (1.3.7 or higher):

PinUP System 1.3.6 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs, for those who use another front-end)

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

If you are upgrading from 1.3.5 or lower, you MUST first update to 1.3.6 and install the new dmddevicePUP.dll that comes with the 1.3.6 update, into your VPinMAME folder!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

Then you need to update FROM 1.3.6 TO to 1.3.7 (until a newer update comes out). If these updates are not properly installed, then this PuP-Pack will not work correctly! (make sure there are no blocked files)

http://www.nailbuster.com/pinupdates/PinUPSystem_update_1_3_7.zip

DMDEXT:

DMDExt 1.71 (32 bit/x86 files only!) or higher installed in your VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUPCapture!

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ "dmddevice.dll" file, and the Pinup Player "dmddevicePUP.dll" file in your VPinMAME folder.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

PINMAME:

In the PinMAME settings for Spidermanvault (press F1 during gameplay):

- you must have "Use External DMD (DLL)" enabled. This will enable the freezy dmdext dmddevice.dll to be used, which is needed for PuPCapture.

- have "Ignore Rom CRC Errors" enabled. (to allow the use of a custom rom)

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.71 files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD a specific colour for PuP-Packs in VPX!

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don't get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of your favorite Batman the Dark Knight table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your table it won't launch the directb2s!

FRONT-END MEDIA DISABLED FOR Spidermanvault TABLE:

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

Pinball X: In Games Manager, make sure you have "Hide Topper" and "Hide Backglass" enabled for the table you are using.

Popper: In Games Manager, for the table you are using, enter -1 In the "Keep Displays ON" field (to not use Popper media on ALL Displays when launching the table)

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure there are no files in your "PUPVideos" "smanve_101c" folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack "smanve_101c" folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder.

OST Movie Music To enable the PuP-Tracks music:

if you don´t want to use the OST Music

-edit the smanve_101c with the PuP-Pack Editor, and change Screen 4 (Music) to "Off". Then Save.And use your smanve_101c rom in VpinMame Roms folder that you already have

-you MUST use my custom "Muted Music Rom" version of the smanve_101c.zip Rom file. Copy the smanve_101c.zip to your VPinMAME Roms folder (backup your original smanve_101c.zip file). This is required because SAM tables cannot have their music turned down or reduced by either VPX or the table's Service Menu. I made this custom version of the rom with all the game's music muted so it will allow only the PuP-Pack to play music for the game.

-run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat in the "PinupSystem" folder, and make sure your Music screen "Default State" is set to "Hide Always" (Sound Only)

================================================

PROBLEMS:

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX...  you most likely don't have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set "FPS Limiter/VSYNC" to 1, and "Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames" to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table's "User Customization" options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

If the OST music "during gameplay" isn't working correctly then you probably didn't update correctly.

To make it CLEAR. You MUST be updated "properly" to Pinup System 1.3.7 for this Pack to work "correctly"! Some videos may not be triggering, and the OST Music PuP-Tracks will NOT work correctly without that update! Full instructions for updating and the links are in the Description under REQUIREMENTS.

this PupPack use a feature that is for Pinup 1.4. please go first in the PupPackeditor under the music .... triggers and deactivate all trigger with the beginning frame .... (about 25 trigger). then only the main overlay frame runs. after release from pinup 1.4 you can activate them and you got different overlay frames for every playmode.

Or if you don´t want to use the topper, set the screen0 (Topper) to off

This relieves the system and stuttering should stop.

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

GAH1068 
    Participant

Thanks – Beautiful and amazing work!     Another pup-pack that feel like it has always been part of the table and not something that was just slapped on to add videos.       Thank you to all the authors out there!

The Loafer 
    Participant

Tried it tonight, very well done. I did find the music volume way too high compared to the rom volume. I tried adjusting the rom volume both from the 8/9 keys, that helps but I also tried the 1- 15 within the SAM bios but that doesn’t seem to work.  No big deal, I lowered the PUP Pack music volume on each of the music tracks (clearly identified, thank You Trochjochel) to 70% and that seems to have set it as a good level for the rom.

note: there is probably nothing wrong with the volume levels of the pup pack music, each of our pincabs have some differences that can lead to personal preference. I’m only listing it here in case others have a similar issue, just remember you can load the puppack and adjust it yourself.

trochjochel 
    Participant

Yes every cab is different. And works perfekt for my .but its only 5 min work to change the volume. And i think in pinup1.4 you can choose the volume per screen

Bambi Plattfuss 
    Participant

One of the best so far! Thank you for that beauty!

trochjochel 
    Participant

this PupPack use a feature that is for Pinup 1.4. please go first in the PupPackeditor under the music …. triggers and deactivate all trigger with the beginning frame …. (about 25 trigger). then only the main overlay frame runs.after release from pinup 1.4 you can activate them and you got different overlay frames for every playmode.

lololol 
    Participant

Hi

sambuild 3.2

vpx 10.6

dmdext 1.7.1

all the other puppack work but not this one:

probleme of ROM

Johngreve 
    Participant

Beautiful work sir!
    Loved all your previous Pup packs,I thought POTC was particularly awesome. I’ve just installed this pack and have barely scratched the surface of what it offers but couldn’t wait to thank you for it. Really is nice the way you incorporated the color patched ROM into it from the start. Really…this is as good as VP can possibly get….I absolutely love the music now as opposed to the ROM music. It sounds so full and immersive. Really ratchets
    Up the play experience. Play it loud!
    Thanks again and I’m off to explore this in greater detail.

Johngreve 
    Participant

Hi

sambuild 3.2

vpx 10.6

dmdext 1.7.1

all the other puppack work but not this one:

probleme of ROM

Did you rename the ROM in your script to match the actual ROM name included in the PuP pack download?

trochjochel 
    Participant

then look in the script of your table maybe you have to change rom name. i got my table included the right romname

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Great pack, and always love the OST music for it!

As for the Volume levels of the music…that too is another feature coming with 1.4! You will be able to adjust the volume for each “PuP” screen in the PuP -Pack. This will allow you to make a universal volume adjustment for something like the “Music” screen in %, and this will affect ALL triggers used with that screen.

trochjochel 
    Participant

oh i have forgotten, a very good TIp for 2 Screen user with real dmd. and without topper. Go to Puppackeditor set screen 6 dmdtopper to off.And then go to screen 0 topper custom position and use the position from the dmdtopper 2,30,82.5,40,17.5 so you get the topper on the backglass with cool animations inkluded text

trochjochel 
    Participant

here is an update for all those with the overlayframe (the pictures are on top of each other) have problems. very easy. Download spidey137.zip, and copy the 3 files in the folder, just in the PuPVideos / smanve_101 folder and overwrite the existing files.

flaype 
    Participant

Hi,

When i close the spiderman table, a layout still dispayed… Helps ! (Only on pinup, no erro in vpx…) :unsure:

Config : Core i7 4770s / 16 Go DDR3 1600 / SSD 256 Go / GTX 1080 Ti
    Cab : 40" 4K - 3 screens

trochjochel 
    Participant

Have you done the steps from the description

this PuPPack use a feature that only works with Pinup1.4 until it is released please download also spidey137.zip open the folder and copy the files screen.pup+triggers.pup+playlist.pup in the mainfolder smanve_101c and overwrite the existing files.

Gunner 
    Participant

Hey guys. Trying to give this one a go and I’m getting the dreaded ‘gamename not found’. I swapped out my ‘smanve_101c’ rom with the included one for the proper sound. Name matches up with the one in my script.

Am I missing something? Been a while since I worked with these Stern color roms. Thanks

The Loafer 
    Participant

Are you sure you are running latest vpm beta from VPUniverse?  Basically just run the VPM setup, do you see that rom listed.  If it’s not there you don’t have the latest betas, in fact you are running a bit behind

from the very first post:

PinMAME 3.2 beta or higher installed:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/

Gunner 
    Participant

Hi not at my machine right now but I’ve been running the vault edition color rom for some time now. One of my favorite tables.

The Loafer 
    Participant

newer CUSTOM rom requires new vpm.  Not sure what else I can suggest than for you to ensure you are downloading latest VPM beta my fell canuck

Gunner 
    Participant

Ah I see. That has to be it then. Will give it a try later, thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account