Spirit (Gottlieb 1982)_DOZER_1.0.zip

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    -=Dozer=-
    Participant
      @dozer

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/spirit-gottlieb-1982_dozer_1-4-zip/

Here is Spirit by Gottlieb – a rather rare system 80 game with a supernatural theme. (1982)

This build uses resources from the VP9 version of Spirit with a lot of modification to sit right in VP10.  This table was challenging because the playfield and plastics are black which was very difficult to light.  It forced me to find a different method to distinguish
      the plastics from the playfield though via the use of flashers with a plastic texture applied mapped to the appropriate shape.

There is an option at the top of the script named flip_link which is turned on by default.  This links the outlane flippers to the main flippers for cabinets that don’t have 2 sets of flipper buttons.  The real cabinet has an additional set of buttons for these smaller flippers so if your cabinet has them, turn the option off for much more challenging play.   These outer flippers are assigned to left and right magnasave.

The top left saucer which needs to be shot for multiball play is a very challenging shot – it’s worth watching the following videos on Youtube to get an understanding of the rules for Spirit.

The table was authored within the current 10.5 beta cycle so use a recent version of VPX for it.  Fast Flips are also enabled by default so make scripts and accompanying files
      are up to date.  Also, press F6 and make sure background sound is turned on in the rom settings.

Have Fun – Dozer.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Just watched the Tucky instruction video and I’m really looking forward to play this. Seems there are much more to this table that I first anticipated. Utilizing magna-save buttons is of course always fun. It takes a while to get used to. I had such fun a while ago when I converted Dungeons and Dragons to PM5. First half hour was mostly used swearing to myself that even though I’m a mid aged man, I should still be able to learn something new :)

I have a strong feeling that I’m going to love this table. BorgDog’ Alien Star is a star in the collection partly because of the sound.

Thank you so much Dozer !!

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

Thanks again, Backglass also from Dozer, here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9342

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Will be trying this tonight :good: thank you

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Bladeof
            Participant
              @bladeof

Thank You for this interesting table Dozer, it is much appreciated. :good:

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Back for a short feedback. I was right. It is even more fun to play that I was hoping it would be. Since I haven’t tried this in real life and probably never will. I can only guess how it should play. But from looking at the video and the 10-ish rounds I’ve managed to put in yet, it is a wonderful recreation. You warned us that it was hard and I don’t know what is most frustrating. Being almost always to late on the magna-saves (I’ll get there soon) or constantly missing the MB shot.

Super happy – thanks once again Dozer ! :rose:

-=Dozer=-
                Participant
                  @dozer

Back for a short feedback. I was right. It is even more fun to play that I was hoping it would be. Since I haven’t tried this in real life and probably never will. I can only guess how it should play. But from looking at the video and the 10-ish rounds I’ve managed to put in yet, it is a wonderful recreation. You warned us that it was hard and I don’t know what is most frustrating. Being almost always to late on the magna-saves (I’ll get there soon) or constantly missing the MB shot.

Super happy – thanks once again Dozer ! :rose:

Cheers man, I’m glad you’re enjoying it.  Yeah that top shot is super hard to make – actually, after a while you find that getting it through that gate becomes easier but hitting it at just the right point to get it into that top saucer is super frustrating.   And yes, I often find myself looking at the ball rolling down the outlanes and then hitting the magna buttons about 1 second later :)

Kalavera3
                  Participant
                    @kalavera3

I went down and told myself we were going to try it, the test lasted almost 3 hours, that beautiful rare table, the lighting stayed excellent, it was quite a challenge this table, very entertaining, thanks Dozer had never tried it, but as of today it is among the best

-=Dozer=-
                    Participant
                      @dozer

Small update folks – 1.1  – please read changelog – should be final now.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

Whoo thanks Dozer for all your hard work and sharing this gem with us. Finally I have a table with flippers to save a ball who tries to leave via the outline ;). Great work on the lighting, must been quite the challenge!

Tip: For those who have disabled the postprocessing AA in their video preferences check the individual table settings and change this to default or disabled (is currenlty enabled for Fast FXAA).

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Ah yes. When I started this table for the first time. I was scratching my head a bit. Forcing AA on 4k setup can even be tough for a 1080 :)

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update :good:

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Looking at the update comment I can’t understand the problem ? But, ok – if you think something was wrong/ugly, I will not complain.  I always welcome updates :)

Thanks for the update !

-=Dozer=-
                              Participant
                                @dozer

Looking at the update comment I can’t understand the problem ? But, ok – if you think something was wrong/ugly, I will not complain. I always welcome updates :)

Thanks for the update !

No worries man – there were a couple texture alignment issues and some posts/screws that were not at the correct height.  I’m pretty happy with it now.

-=Dozer=-
                                Participant
                                  @dozer

Yo – some people with brighter monitor gamma were noticing a foggy look due to the flashers on the playfield and plastics.  I have uploaded 1.4 with two variables to fix this at the start of the script.  If you were happy with 1.3 on your machine and the color tones / gamma of the flashers then there is no need to update to this version.  Nothing else was changed.

If you had a washed out or foggy look, then download this version and check the description next to the two new script variables at the top of the script under the flip_link setting.

Dozer.

HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

Yo – some people with brighter monitor gamma were noticing a foggy look due to the flashers on the playfield and plastics. I have uploaded 1.4 with two variables to fix this at the start of the script. If you were happy with 1.3 on your machine and the color tones / gamma of the flashers then there is no need to update to this version. Nothing else was changed.

If you had a washed out or foggy look, then download this version and check the description next to the two new script variables at the top of the script under the flip_link setting.

Dozer.

this is VERY cool…
                                    can you explain what these options are telling the tables GI and light to do, I see the effect just not smart enough to see what its doing to the values and what values that it changing…
                                    Const Flasher_Reduction =
                                    Const GI_Modulation =

thanks man

-=Dozer=-
                                    Participant
                                      @dozer

Yo – some people with brighter monitor gamma were noticing a foggy look due to the flashers on the playfield and plastics. I have uploaded 1.4 with two variables to fix this at the start of the script. If you were happy with 1.3 on your machine and the color tones / gamma of the flashers then there is no need to update to this version. Nothing else was changed.

Dozer.

this is VERY cool…

can you explain what these options are telling the tables GI and light to do, I see the effect just not smart enough to see what its doing to the values and what values that it changing…

Const Flasher_Reduction =

Const GI_Modulation =

thanks man

Hey Haunt – so  Const Flasher_Reduction simply takes each of the plastic flashers which are assigned to a collection, gets their current opacity amount and then reduces that amount by the value you put in here.   This way if this value is set to 0, the flashers render the way I had the originally set (which looks great on my PC dev monitor).

Const GI_Modulation if set to 1 takes each of the GI Lights that are also assigned to a collection (some of which have modulation set to 0.9) and sets them all to 1 which removes the foggy halos.   If this is set to 0 then they render with their default settings.

Hope this helps.  – Dozer.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                      Micronaut
                                      Participant
                                        @micronaut

excellent Dozer, :good:

thanks for this fantastic table

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

Thanks Dozer for another gem!

robobet
                                          Participant
                                            @robobet

Wow, thanks !

I realy like it !!  challenging…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?