SQL Playlists

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    blokenamedblake
    Participant
      @blokenamedblake

How can I find games I have on my system but have never played?

I thought this would work:

select * from Games where NumberPlays=0

DBut73
      Participant
        @dbut73

How can I find games I have on my system but have never played?

I thought this would work:

select * from Games where NumberPlays=0

Try this in a playlist

SELECT * FROM Games Gm WHERE Visible=1 AND NOT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM GamesStats WHERE GameID=Gm.GameID) ORDER BY GameName

Any games that have not been played should appear in the playlist. If you play a game you will have to back out of the playlist then go back in to update the list and remove any played games.

Stevenoj2769
        Participant
          @stevenoj2769

Anyone know what SQL I can use to get a playlist that just shows tables that were added in the last 30 days.  I tried several things with no luck.

Here is one of the things I tried that did not work.

SELECT * FROM Games WHERE DateAdded >= DATEADD(day,-30, getdate()) ORDER BY DateAdded desc;

Thanks in advance!!!

What almost works if dates are not involved is this will get you just the last 30 tables you added.

Select * from Games order by dateadded desc limit 30;

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

fyi… documentation for SQL lite is on this site:  https://www.sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Stevenoj2769
            Participant
              @stevenoj2769

…after NailBuster posted the link to SQL lite documentation I got what I needed to work to show just the tables added in the last 30 days.  Thanks NailBuster!

Here is what I came up with to get a playlist that is just the games added in the last 30 days.

Select * from Games where dateadded >= datetime(‘now’,’-30 day’) order by dateadded desc;

I hope this helps someone out.

bschaberg21
              Participant
                @bschaberg21

I’m trying to add a recently added playlist like the recent post above. I’m getting an error message when I test the activesql query.  Any thoughts or help would be or help would be appreciated.

. settingsError message

BSchaberg21

John William
                Participant
                  @johnwilliam

I’m trying to add a recently added playlist like the recent post above. I’m getting an error message when I test the activesql query. Any thoughts or help would be or help would be appreciated.

The single quotes look like they got swapped in copy/paste/encoding.. replace them with the single quote just to the left of the enter key if using a US keyboard.

bschaberg21
                  Participant
                    @bschaberg21

That worked.  Thanks so much!

BSchaberg21

gride
                    Participant
                      @gride

I’m trying to create a “recently played” playlist across playlists. I’ve tried the below.

select * from Games where GameID in (select GameID from GamesStats order by LastPlayed DESC limit 25)

This seems to give me the order backwards, but if I order ASC it’s incorrect.

Any thoughts on what I can change?

superproxy
                      Participant
                        @superproxy

help, please. how do i list most played according to total play time?

DBut73
                        Participant
                          @dbut73

Try this:

SELECT * FROM Games JOIN GamesStats ON Games.GameID=GamesStats.GameID AND Visible=1 ORDER BY GamesStats.TimePlayedSecs DESC LIMIT 5

This should display the top 5 tables played by time in seconds. Change ‘LIMIT 5’ to list a different amount of tables e.g. ‘LIMIT 10’ will display top 10.

superproxy
                          Participant
                            @superproxy

Try this:

SELECT * FROM Games JOIN GamesStats ON Games.GameID=GamesStats.GameID AND Visible=1 ORDER BY GamesStats.TimePlayedSecs DESC LIMIT 5

This should display the top 5 tables played by time in seconds. Change ‘LIMIT 5’ to list a different amount of tables e.g. ‘LIMIT 10’ will display top 10.

Thanks a lot!! This worked like a charm! :)

superproxy
                            Participant
                              @superproxy

Try this:

Thanks a lot!! This worked like a charm! :)

Hi. Is there a way to take this a step further and say for example, most played according to total play time, for the last 30 days only?

NailBuster
                                @nailbuster
                                ModeratorMember

Hi. Is there a way to take this a step further and say for example, most played according to total play time, for the last 30 days only?

not possible as that would require to track playing time by date.  pinup just has a total time played field for each game… not a detail by date/time.

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

I recently got into popper and started digging around.  This is a really nice front end.  I have watched a few videos on popper setup, is there a video tutorial that explains the stuff you are talking about here to us lay people or is this something that should be left to the professionals

Rajo Joey
                                  Participant
                                    @joey2001

I recently got into popper and started digging around. This is a really nice front end. I have watched a few videos on popper setup, is there a video tutorial that explains the stuff you are talking about here to us lay people or is this something that should be left to the professionals

The sql-commands are a great help. You don’t have to put tables in a playlist. It was all automatically done. Only add the table in the game manager and it’s in the playlist. If you want some, I can send you my sql-commands. It’s easy to edit them.

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=playlists_sql_examples

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

what would be a command for top ten played tables, thanks

blokenamedblake
                                      Participant
                                        @blokenamedblake

G’day all.

Nailbuster’s site shows the structure of the Games table, but can anyone share the structure of the GamesStats table.

Thanks in advance.

**EDIT**

Answered my own question, so here is it is in case it helps anyone else:

UniqueID INTEGER

GameID INTEGER,

LastPlayed DATETIME,

NumberPlays INTEGER,

TimePlayedSecs INTEGER,

HighScores TEXT

blokenamedblake
                                        Participant
                                          @blokenamedblake

Sorry for the double post, but the reason for the above initial question was because I wanted to find a way to add the tick to the field “Add to Batch record” so when I do my weekly update/addition of tables, I can record the updated playfields.  So if you go in to PinUP Popper Setup > Popper Setup > DB Editor (advanced), I now paste the following in the sqltext and click Execute SQL.

UPDATE Games SET AutoRecFlag ='1' WHERE DateUpdated>= datetime('now','-7 day')

I then just run the PopperAutoRecord and after doing the brand new tables, I tick only add flagged Games, change the playfield and/or backglass dropdown to All/Overwrite, and then click Scan, then Start Auto-record

KiwiBri
                                          Participant
                                            @kiwibri

always good practice to add to where clause ” and visible=1″

visible=2 are adult/hidden status and visible=0 are hidden. (visible is set in games manager on table).

thanks!  The example on the PinUp Wiki page for SQL Playlists is outdated/incorrect. (Example at the bottom of the page)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?