Star Light (Williams 1984)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

star Light

StarLight

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Major Frenchy
      Participant
        @steph

Thanks Bord!!!

RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

I can’t thank you enough for this one. It looks and plays fantastic!

After having this machine as my daily player for a while, I have been missing it greatly, but now I am happy to be locked inside while the world outside turns to poo. …happy about the being locked inside, not the world turning to poo part ;)

hworths1545
          Participant
            @hworths1545

HiRez – The b2s backglass file is located in the Williams download folder

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

‘The important thing is the rhythm.  Always have rhythm in your shaking.  Now, a Space Shuttle you shake to foxtrot time, a Star Light to two-step time, but a dry martini, you always shake to waltz time.’       Damn!  I missed out on the fun today!  Would have liked to have seen that first release early as I have something very similar – – Gold Star   Very cool you brought one of these to life!!

So, the backstory on getting Star Light to VPX involves…Loafer dressing up as …Dr Frankenfurter and??

Thanks guys!!  ….kinda needed this today.  Good timing.

Cognis
              Participant
                @cognis

Thanks Borg.  Looks and plays great as usual.  I love those bumper caps!  Super-realistic in 4K.

evileman
                Participant
                  @evileman

Great story behind this one. Thankyou bord and to all others involved! Your work is appreciated!  :yahoo:

robertms
                  Participant
                    @mophead

Hey @bord, you seem to be really good at them bumper caps.. :whistle:

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

I’m getting sick and tired of telling you how great your stuff is!!

Naaahh, alright! One more time:

IT’S GREAT!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      roccodimarco
                      Participant
                        @roccodimarco

Awesome table! Really like how the light dim out. Question for everyone. I’m not sure if it’s my table, settings, or just how the table is, but there seem to be thin black outlines around the lights. Is this for everybody?

Def not a game breaker just asking! Awesome awesome work!

kds70
                        Participant
                          @kds70

@Bord and all involved. What a perfect table … thank you very much :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

sheltemke
                          Participant
                            @sheltemke

Cannot wait to get home and try it! Thank you so much Bord! :heart:

Peter222
                            Participant
                              @swietlikowa

So seriously today: highest quality as usual. Thanks!

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

Another bord – Classic :)

I am happy to replace this fine Williams Table – and another VP9 Version, esp. with yours,
                                and thanks Loafer, 32assassin and Roth & nFozzy too :good:

Thank you !

IMG_20200402_102444

Kellogs
                                Participant
                                  @kellogs

cool table, thanks for this one,

but how does the Star-Light (Durable Toy & Novelty Corp. circa 1930) work, seems to be fun, but I only managed to eject 3 balls at the sae time by chance and only once

remy
                                  Participant
                                    @remy

thank you Bord

Flydelorean3
                                    Participant
                                      @flydelorean3

Thanks brou!

What’s the rom is used in pinball?

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

open the script – then search for cgamename = <xxx> – xxx being the rom name that you need. This goes for at least 95% of all tables, so nice to know.

bord
                                          @bord
                                          MembervipContributorModerator

… how does the Star-Light (Durable Toy & Novelty Corp. circa 1930) work, seems to be fun, but I only managed to eject 3 balls at the sae time by chance and only once

@kellogs
                                          , great question.

Game starts with one ball loaded. Ball out only functions properly when an “out” ball is at rest and you load the next ball.

Plunger: plunges the ball
                                          Right flipper: loads next ball
                                          Left flipper: resets game
                                          Nudge: nudging may be required to land all balls in scoring troughs. Game reset only works when all balls are in troughs.
                                          Scoring: Good old DIY

From the instruction card (caps theirs):

Combination Bagatelle and Put-and-Take Game

BEFORE PULLING TRIGGER SEE THAT ONLY ONE MARGBLE IS IN GUN.

WHEN MARBLE STOPS IN “BALL OUT”, REMOVE BEFORE PLAYING NEXT ONE.

WHEN MARBLE STOPS IN “FREE bALL”, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AN EXTRA SHOT WITH THE SAME MARBLE.

ENTIRE SCORE IS DOUBLED WHEN MARBLE RESTS IN POCKET MARKED “DOUBLE”.

EITHER HIGHEST OR LOWEST SCORE WINS THE GAME, WHICHEVER IS AGREED UPON.

STAR-LIGHT MAY BE PLAYED WITH FIVE OR MORE MARBLES.

An alternate instruction card lays out the Put-and-Take version of this game:

How to play PUT and TAKE

Any number of players can participate. Each player must PUT an equal amount into the kitty before the play starts. Each player is allowed one or more shots, depending upon what has been decided beforehand.

Should the ball go into a pocket designated by the letter “P” –the player must PUT into the kitty, the amount shown. If the ball goes into a pocket marked by the letter “T” –the player TAKES out of the kitty, the amount shown.

The pocket marked “TA” means that the player “TAKES ALL” that remain and the game has ended. To start new game, repeat above procedure.

rgarriott
                                          Participant
                                            @rgarriott

Fantastic job as usual @bord.  And thanks to the rest of the team for getting resources and their time.

And what a crazy sound package, Pretty much with every switch having a different sound, seems to add alot of excitment and fast pace.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 93 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?