Star Trek 25th Anniversary (Data East 1991)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Pinbolt
    Participant
      @pinbolt

Thank you assassins and Schreibi for this great update.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Bob Albright
      Participant
        @bobalbright

Thanks for you continued work on this great table. I’m having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the return lane on the left side. It appears that it’s getting stuck due to the “pyramid” thing in the middle of the table is shifted to the left covering the return lane and preventing the ball from continuing through.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

32assassin
        Participant
          @32assassin

a picture will help more then your explanation

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
          https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Bob Albright
          Participant
            @bobalbright

My cab isn’t internet capable so I can’t provide a screenshot. I’m sure someone else will have the same issue and maybe can send you a shot. But if you look at the table or is pretty obvious about the

pyramid not being centered.  Thanks

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Bob, Photo with your Handy, Phone ?

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

Did some Testgames, btw. great Release, thanks again 32assassin and Schreibi :good:

I think, i haven’t Issues what you mentoined, @Bob … hope, you can take a Photo.

IMG_20190211_115839_resized_20190211_121328238

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

I dloaded the table again and it seems to be working now. I had played with the inclination on the copy of the table I was having the issue with. Could that have caused a problem? Thanks again~!

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Inclination, normaly not ( 32assassin please correct my, if i am wrong ),
                    but maybe you also touched Z-Scale, this could be a Problem.

I always try to optimize FS POV, you can try and use mine also, here …
                    -> and you will get it like my Photo above.

32assassin
                    Participant
                      @32assassin

the only ball stuck I could possibly see is

• endless back and forth between the top left bumper and rubber
                      • Crystal Plastic display not set to toy

I haven’t had a problem with the bumper and the rubber

and the crystal display plastic is set to a height of over 50 it should not hit the ball but everyone should set it as a toy

robertms
                      Participant
                        @mophead

the moving target code has been unchanged since the first beta release. You might be getting a stutter due to the 4K ramp image

try to reduce the size to 2048 or limit your textures to see if you get an improvement.

Great release @32assassin, having tons of fun with it. I can confirm what STAT mentioned a few posts back, the center target steps through only 7 steps, therefore its action is not smooth. I noticed you’re using a variation of CP’s moving target code, similar to his New Wave WIP he linked to the other day. If you check out his WIP the target is moving buttery smooth. I tried to make sense of differences between the 2 versions of code but my scripting skills are very limited. Here is the post from CP with his New Wave WIP if you’d like to compare the center target action:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/new-wave-and-new-youtube-oage/#post-112970

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

… the same in JP’s Black Pyramid: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13126

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

I don’t remember where I used it, but I made a long extension target primitive and just did a rot instead of all the crazy trans stuff to get the motion, much easier/cleaner/accurater.

primitive attached, has a combined version as well as a separate target and bracket piece so they can be animated separately for hits.

32assassin
                            Participant
                              @32assassin

the moving target code has been unchanged since the first beta release. You might be getting a stutter due to the 4K ramp image

try to reduce the size to 2048 or limit your textures to see if you get an improvement.

Great release @32assassin, having tons of fun with it. I can confirm what STAT mentioned a few posts back, the center target steps through only 7 steps, therefore its action is not smooth. I noticed you’re using a variation of CP’s moving target code, similar to his New Wave WIP he linked to the other day. If you check out his WIP the target is moving buttery smooth. I tried to make sense of differences between the 2 versions of code but my scripting skills are very limited. Here is the post from CP with his New Wave WIP if you’d like to compare the center target action:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/new-wave-and-new-youtube-oage/#post-112970

I mentioned this on the table info that the target animation was from cyberpez , and to be more exact its a copy and past form his VP9 version

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10399

as STAT mentioned the animation ran smoother before all the primitives where added

this table is turning into a resource hog

delete all the primitives on layer 4 and the target will more then likely run as smooth as the VP9 New Wave table does.

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

I found where I used my long arm target and copied all that and put it in here.  it actually uses 50 hit targets instead of the 9 that were there and has correspondingly 50 primitive target locations for a much much smoother animation.  if you think it should move faster or slower just change the timer MovingTargetTimer.  I didn’t check video of a real table to try to match the speed.

attached.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you 32a and BorgDog !

L0stS0ul
                                  Participant
                                    @l0sts0ul

I think I’m having the same issue as the user above with the ball getting stuck in the fork on the return lane when it tries to go to the left side. Only happens if the ball is moving slowly. The black star thing that rotates seems to get lodged and it will juggle the ball slowly. Took about a minute but the thing managed to dislodge it without me nudging the table. It’s happened to me twice on the latest table. Did not happen at all on the previous version.

For some reason I can’t get the image to upload. You can see where I’m talking about in this image. https://www.dropbox.com/s/si4e4ue2mgoptsz/st.png?dl=0

POV settings

<fullscreen>
                                    <inclination>10.000000</inclination>
                                    <fov>35.000000</fov>
                                    <layback>55.000000</layback>
                                    <rotation>270.000000</rotation>
                                    <xscale>1.000000</xscale>
                                    <yscale>1.140000</yscale>
                                    <zscale>1.000000</zscale>
                                    <xoffset>0.000000</xoffset>
                                    <yoffset>0.000000</yoffset>
                                    <zoffset>-290.000000</zoffset>
                                    </fullscreen>

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

when you say return lane I was confused, with a picture I can see the problem.   ,  Its getting stuck when its on the ramp

and the problem is the primitive plastic

as I stated in the above select the primitive  Crystal plastics display and set it as a toy

robertms
                                      Participant
                                        @mophead

as STAT mentioned the animation ran smoother before all the primitives where added

this table is turning into a resource hog

delete all the primitives on layer 4 and the target will more then likely run as smooth as the VP9 New Wave table does.

Thanks for the reply 32a, I tried deleting all the prims on layer 4 but that made no difference on the center target movement. I also tried BorgDog’s target code and that made the movement buttery smooth. Thanks guys!

L0stS0ul
                                        Participant
                                          @l0sts0ul

I’m not sure what the Crystal plastics display is. I’m new to VPX and still learning. I’ve looked around each layer and I don’t see anything called that.

Schreibi34
                                          Participant
                                            @schreibi34

It’s the white trapezoid in the middle of the table. Search for the primitive in the editor, click on it and look for the Toy checkbox in the options bar to the right. Make sure it’s checked! Primitives should always been set as toys but for whatever reason i forgot to do it, so it’s my fault! You can also set the little crystal cones as toys.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?