Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    L0stS0ul
    Participant
    @l0sts0ul

ok thanks. I think I found it on layer 4 called Primitive45 and will give that a try. I checked the crystal cones on layer 7 and those looked to already be set to toy.

Edit: So after playing that does appear to fix the issue. One thing I noticed is that with the fix in place the ball goes to the left 99% of the time. Is it like that on the real table as well.

Thanks again for the help and the table. Very much enjoying it

Loganchihuahua
    Participant
    @chihua07

BorgDog I was trying to match the speed of the targettimer and couldn’t figure out which part of the script controlled speed. I found the part that controlled the distance of the target moving back and forth but not the speed. I am new to scripting. Which part of the script controls speed? Maybe a cut and paste for me???

The speed can  matched up with a youtube video of a real table.  It seems to be a tad slow if you compare to a you tube of the real table.  Just thought i would try and see if i could get it to match and could share the number with everyone for those that would care.

Loganchihuahua
    Participant
    @chihua07

Thank you so much for this great table 32assassin and all those involved!! I love Star Trek tables. All of them!!  Thank you for this one!

BorgDog
    Participant
    @borgdog
    MemberContributorvip

BorgDog I was trying to match the speed of the targettimer and couldn’t figure out which part of the script controlled speed. I found the part that controlled the distance of the target moving back and forth but not the speed. I am new to scripting. Which part of the script controls speed? Maybe a cut and paste for me???

The speed can matched up with a youtube video of a real table. It seems to be a tad slow if you compare to a you tube of the real table. Just thought i would try and see if i could get it to match and could share the number with everyone for those that would care.

It’s not in the script for the target moving speed. There is an object called MovingTargetTimer I believe to the upper left of the table in the editor (I’m on my phone). Change the ms in that object, smaller to speed up the target, bigger to show it down. I think it is 35 at the moment.

shaman
    Participant
    @shaman

Thanks for another great job 32assassin. And thanks to everyone along the way who continues to work on it. I read every thread and try to learn as all of you work together figuring things out…..thanks again for creating, and teaching those of us who are still trying to learn what is truly a gift to everyone. :yes:

Loganchihuahua
    Participant
    @chihua07

The speed can matched up with a youtube video of a real table. It seems to be a tad slow if you compare to a you tube of the real table. Just thought i would try and see if i could get it to match and could share the number with everyone for those that would care.

It’s not in the script for the target moving speed. There is an object called MovingTargetTimer I believe to the upper left of the table in the editor (I’m on my phone). Change the ms in that object, smaller to speed up the target, bigger to show it down. I think it is 35 at the moment.

Thanks so much for getting back to me Borgdog.  I will let you know the number i arrive at.

Loganchihuahua
    Participant
    @chihua07

Thanks so much for getting back to me Borgdog. I will let you know the number i arrive at.

OK so the number is 27.  It could maybe be 27.25 or 27.5 but it does not allow anything past the decimal so 27 is more on than 28.  27 seems to match almost perfectly with the table. Compared to youtube videos of the table.  So as Borgdog mentioned “There is an object called MovingTargetTimer I believe to the upper left of the table in the editor ”  Set this to 27 and it matches the real pinball game pretty good.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

did this get an update? changelog still shows .99?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Davey07-O37
    Participant
    @davey07-o37

Cheers for the update. However, the ball can get stuck at the top with the bumpers behind the crystals. Hitting tilt button doesn’t really do anything to help matters…

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you very much 32a for this great table ! :good:

STAT
    Participant
    @stefanaustria
    MemberContributor

Thanks for the Update :good:

Just once i had Troubles with the Laser  Kick – Back, it looked like Kickback hadn’t enough Strength (in Case for this),
    Ball jumped twice (heard Kicker) then he rolled down to Drain … :unsure:
    ( repos. Trigger ? )

kds70
    Participant
    @kds70

I love this table … maybe i told it already :good:

Btw. since the table was updated with this “smooth target feature” i´m getting massive framerate dropdowns if the ball enters this area. Very noticeable while gameplay :unsure:

I´ve searched a solution already but there is nothing i can do (found no overlaying objects for example).

startrek_framedrops

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, leaf switches / buttons, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siems contactors / knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

kds70
    Participant
    @kds70

Nobody with this problem with these FPS Dropdowns ?

@STAT: this plunger kick problem was reported already i think. I moved the plunger some pixels up; works now.  :mail:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, leaf switches / buttons, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siems contactors / knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

marie
    Participant
    @marie

<!–more–>I experience the same problem as you have kds70 and have stuttering in this latest version

Thalamus
    @thalamus

I don’t know. But isn’t sw24 and sw26 missing ?

BorgDog
    Participant
    @borgdog
    MemberContributorvip

hmmm, does seem to be.  may be I accidentally deleted them when I did the moving target.

rennervision
    Participant
    @rennervision

It looks like I need some help because almost every game ends with my ball getting stuck behind the dilithium crystals.  I’m following what others have suggested.  In the editor I see the white trapezoid on the middle of the playfield.  And its Primitive45.  But for me it shows to be layer 1 (not layer 4) and – more importantly – the Toy setting is already checked.  So now I’m real confused why I’m having this problem.   :wacko:

rennervision
    Participant
    @rennervision

Thanks 32assassin for the new upload.  I seem to still be having the same issues with a stuck ball so thought maybe a photo would help.  It looks like this latest version does have Primitive45 in layer 4 for me, plus I moved it forward somewhat on the playfield to experiment.

It doesn’t look like it’s getting stuck on that part at all though even though it always happens right after going up the left or right ramp.  It almost seems like it’s now trapped under the ramp and (at least in the photo above) is in a perpetual state of bouncing off that left bumper.

Thalamus
    @thalamus

I believe I’m using Wildman’s db2s and they did teleport for me. No changes needed. Maybe you have to play better ? ;-)

Bob Albright
    Participant
    @bobalbright

I have had Rennervision’s issue on every release with the stuck ball. Hope it gets sorted out soon. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW