Star Trek 25th Anniversary (Data East 1991)

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

left and upper-left subway entrance now has a height of -110

center subway ramp has a height of -110 and bottom of -125

right subway entrance has a height of -130

I reduced the friction of the subway ramps to 0.02  for faster ball movement

same dropbox link  Subway rebuild version.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

jbg4208
      Participant
        @jbg4208

As info –  had a ball get behind the left drop targets and disappear during multi-ball. mainly after the top drop target was down. It slipped in right were it was.  Endless rolling sounds. Assume a wall needs to be added.

I can also recreate it by dragging the ball over the drop targets a few times, then it will just disappear.

EDIT – Table was downloaded from the drop box link above.

Loganchihuahua
        Participant
          @chihua07

Jbg4208

i think you are using the download from vpinball . Read above. There is a dropbox version which is being tested to address those exact problems. Try that one.

jbg4208
          Participant
            @jbg4208

That was the one I downloaded, from the dropbox link.

Loganchihuahua
            Participant
              @chihua07

Ahhh..  Bummer. I haven’t had that happen in awhile since the dropbox version. Thought it was a non issue now. Guess it still has an area it can fall through.

32Assassin – The return seems to be much much better on the subway after making the slope changes you mentioned above.  Fast and played great.  I had a bunch of problem free games.  Doesn’t seem slow at all now.  That part seems good now.

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

dropbox has been updated

the drop target cut out should be too narrow for the ball to fall past the primitive PF.

I adjusted the hidden walls under the PF, and raised the drop target floor to -1 (height) it should be low enough for the ball to have an effect but

high enough to keep the ball in the PF.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                Loganchihuahua
                Participant
                  @chihua07

It is playing so nicely. The subway is fantastic!  Responsive! I think you have a release update ready to go.  Thank you.

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

@32assassin a couple little things.. and one not so little

the diverter primitive is sitting down on the bottom of the ramp, I don’t think it would work very effectively at that height :) I bumped it and the screw head up 20 to 100 and 101 respectively to get them in the middle-ish.  probably not noticeable unless you are flying around in camera mode which is where I noticed it.

divhelp2 trigger is set to visible

primitive27 the right wall of the transporter ramp area doesn’t have a material on it, I think should be Metal0.8 same as left side (primitive26)

I think the whole crystal board is way to vertical. Here is an image I found along with a rough approximation of that view from vp

DFEST5   STvpx

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Loganchihuahua
                    Participant
                      @chihua07

Does that mean the dropbox has a new version :) ?

“the diverter primitive is sitting down on the bottom of the ramp”

32assassin
                      Participant
                        @32assassin

@32assassin a couple little things.. and one not so little

the diverter primitive is sitting down on the bottom of the ramp, I don’t think it would work very effectively at that height :) I bumped it and the screw head up 20 to 100 and 101 respectively to get them in the middle-ish.  probably not noticeable unless you are flying around in camera mode which is where I noticed it.

divhelp2 trigger is set to visible

primitive27 the right wall of the transporter ramp area doesn’t have a material on it, I think should be Metal0.8 same as left side (primitive26)

I think the whole crystal board is way to vertical. Here is an image I found along with a rough approximation of that view from vp

DFEST5   STvpx

version 1.0.5 is up (Dropbox file has been deleted)

I added your changes along with adjusting the width of the left and right subway entrances.

ramp is now wider then the cutout.

Similar to removing the brushed aluminium backwall and rendering a mirror finish image; adjusting the crystal display will have to go on the to do list.

adjusting the angle of the display means that the crystals need to be adjusted along with the Flashers that go over the crystals.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        Schreibi34
                        Participant
                          @schreibi34

Do you use the latest VP 10.6. Beta? 10.6 is needed for the table!

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Thanks 32A for the continuous improvement on this table.  I recently played a real machine and man – what a great DE pin.  Really enjoying this table. Keep up the awesome work.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

marie
                            Participant
                              @marie

Just played this great table, always one to get back to.

Perhaps good to know: During a multiball I got an error Line: 788 Overloop: ‘Csng’

Played on latest 10.6, only happened once, other games played fine.

Padawannabe
                              Participant
                                @padawannabe

So I’m still a newbie, so I apologize if this has an obvious answer that I’m not aware of. I love the table. It’s an amazing job! I have noticed that the volume on the Rom is low, and hard to hear over the volume. I looked up the process for increasing volume on Data East tables, but apparently it doesn’t work on Star Trek 25th Anniversary table because the volume control is on the physical cabinet. Is there a way for me to adjust this? I’ve tried looking through settings on VPX, but have been unable to find anything. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?