Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition (Stern 2012)

Viewing 18 posts - 181 through 198 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    GuruChoc
    Participant
      @guruchoc

New problem. Being playing fine for ages, started it last night and the ball shooter and the kickback constantly launch/kick now, any ideas ? No software changes between the last time I payed it and yesterday. CFG and NVRAM files cleared and still the same.

G

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

@guruchoc : Wild guess. You have something odd going on sending signals to VP. Try to start DiView. See if it sends keys to VP in any way. If that is not the issue, you seem to have thought on the next step already, deleting nvram. Last resort – delete the whole registry hive for the rom under \\hklu\software\freeware\visual pinball\<romname>.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

Pretty sure it is erratic keys and/or nudge being sent.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        GuruChoc
        Participant
          @guruchoc

@guruchoc : Wild guess. You have something odd going on sending signals to VP. Try to start DiView. See if it sends keys to VP in any way. If that is not the issue, you seem to have thought on the next step already, deleting nvram. Last resort – delete the whole registry hive for the rom under \\hklu\software\freeware\visual pinball\<romname>.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

Pretty sure it is erratic keys and/or nudge being sent.

Just got back to turning my cabinet on, happening on every table now that has a kickback, I’ll see I can figure out.

G

EDIT: Installed 10.6 final, all good again.

G

DarthColejoy
          Participant
            @darthcolejoy

Hey guys – installed this table with the pup pack and it all seems to start up correctly. I can add coins but it does not seem to start a game? I try pressing my start game or my stern fire button or even using 1 on the keyboard doesnt start the game. Anyone have any ideas?

Thalamus
              @thalamus

Why not stick the pup stuff to the pup related release ? Does the table work ? Is it then table related ? Believe this is the right place for this question.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/star-trek-enterprise-puppack/

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

I think @darthcolejoy question may be more related to the table and coincidentally PUP got mentioned but I could be wrong, let’s see…

start from the basics, take the pup pack out of the pup videos folder and place it on the desktop.  Then take the b2s out of the table folder and put it on the desktop.  Now launch the base Star Trek table and see if it plays.  Then start adding thing back in until it starts acting up.  I had an issue with Bambi’s nba and had to do this and found that it was the b2s file that it didn’t like

xikin12
                Participant
                  @josefranciscotavares

Acabei de começar a jogar, sempre que consigo um replay e a animação começa no DMD, o jogo trava e sai do VPX. Alguém mais está tendo esse problema atualmente?

G

the same thing is happening to me too.

xikin12
                  Participant
                    @josefranciscotavares

Conseguiu resolver?

Jeremy
                    Participant
                      @malachi666

OK, I have a question that I am hoping you guys can help with.

For some reason the sound isn’t working.  The basic sound from the table is working fine, but the sound from the ROM isn’t.  I have the volume maxed via the DMD, and the game plays fine, but there is no sound.

I am using the st_161h rom and it used to work in the past just fine, but that was my old machine.  I now have Windows 10.  I have the sam installed that came with the recent installer, so I wonder if it is that… but Walking Dead worked fine.

Any help is appreciated.

LTA
                      Participant
                        @luvthatapex
                        Try deleting the st_161h.nv from the \nvram folder and let the system reinitialize the table and you should get sound back.

For some reason the sound isn’t working. The basic sound from the table is working fine, but the sound from the ROM isn’t. I have the volume maxed via the DMD, and the game plays fine, but there is no sound.

I am using the st_161h rom and it used to work in the past just fine, but that was my old machine. I now have Windows 10. I have the sam installed that came with the recent installer, so I wonder if it is that… but Walking Dead worked fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeremy
                        Participant
                          @malachi666
                          Try deleting the st_161h.nv from the \nvram folder and let the system reinitialize the table and you should get sound back.

For some reason the sound isn’t working. The basic sound from the table is working fine, but the sound from the ROM isn’t. I have the volume maxed via the DMD, and the game plays fine, but there is no sound.

I am using the st_161h rom and it used to work in the past just fine, but that was my old machine. I now have Windows 10. I have the sam installed that came with the recent installer, so I wonder if it is that… but Walking Dead worked fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you, but that didn’t work.  I did resolve the issue.  I just downloaded the 162 code from Stern and renamed it 161… works so far.

KrakenByte
                          Participant
                            @krakenbyte

I’ve done all the things (…) but coloured rom doesn’t work, here in my PC with Windows 10, dmd-extensions 1.8 and Vpinmame 3.3. :wacko:

The problem could be that Vpinmame doesn’t works with the colored version “st_161hc” because the coloured versions of the roms aren’t in it pinball roms list. :scratch:

Then I tried to bypass this issue moving the old rom “st_161h.zip” to my BAK folder (or, if you prefer renaming it to “st_161h.BAK”, for example) and renaming the new patched file “st_161hc.bin” to “st_161h.bin” and compressing it to a new “st_161h.zip” instead “st_161hc.zip” to cheat the Vpinmame error. :mail:

And now, Vpinmame doesn’t crash any more and everything works fine IN FULL COLOR!!! Thanks everybody for the hard work to have it so awesome! :yahoo:

I hope this could help you. THX!!! B-)

KrakenByte Kraken

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

If that rom isn’t in your list, then I’m pretty sure that you haven’t downloaded Carny’s build – or at some time overwritten it. That is actually one of the few things that are different still between the official release and what Carny builds. Get this one : http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4278-sambuild33-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=48325 – r5150

KrakenByte
                              Participant
                                @krakenbyte

Thank you, Thalamus, for your tips, them made me think and go deep to find the real problem.

I was at the right clue as you have confirmed: All goes around Vpinmame, mine was outdated.

2020-08-10 ROM LIST

I was working with an OLD version V.3.3 (dated on 2020-08-10) from VPForums and I could verify that doesn’t work but I noticed that when I go back to the V3.2 (dated on 2019-10-06) then it shows the colored versions in its rom list.

2019-10-06 ROM LIST

Then I updated with the NEW V3.3 (dated on 2020-09-25 and referenced as “r5150”) from VPUniverse and all works like a charm.

2020-09-25 ROM LIST

Thanks and may the full world of colors be with you!

KrakenByte Kraken

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Yes. No surprises there actually. If you download the official, from VPF, you will loose the color roms. The only reason for downloading of VPF, is when Toxie makes a special build, and asks for feedback. If those tests work, they will be merged into pinmame and you will most probably get a color version within days. Carny’s builds is what I recommend to keep an eye out for.

xikin12
                                  Participant
                                    @josefranciscotavares

For me this table doesn’t work. Whenever the replay screen appears, Visual Pinbat closes. Does anyone have the solution?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Might be at91jit related. Look at top, in the wiki for detailed info. A way to go around it, might be to open vpx first, then use file -> open. Second work around, turn off freezy. Or, what I mentioned first. This is a long outstanding bug.

Episode
                                      Participant
                                        @episode

Should I use 161 or use 162 and rename?

I am not sure what is best from the design of the author original, thanks.

Viewing 18 posts - 181 through 198 (of 198 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?