Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition (Stern 2012)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Phazer
    Participant
      @phazer

I’m sure a table of this caliber has DOF coding.  I’ve got left and right addressable LED strips that work with other Stern VPX tables (Batman, Avatar, Spiderman), but not with Star Trek.

Looks like the only roms supported for this table on the DOF config tool site are st_162h and st_162hc.  I can’t seem to find these for download.  I’ve gotten 162 from the Stern site.  I tried putting that into a st_162h.zip by calling it “st_162h.bin”.  But, all I get are a few effects on the right side of the playfield (well…just the blinking launch area effect and a single upper right bumper effect. I don’t see anything on the left side.)

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

phlove
      Participant
        @phlove

hello , where do i get the 162_hc rom from cause my colors are badly.

regards

phlove
        Participant
          @phlove

Hello ,

thanks for the work great table.

I got a little issue. As in every table ill push up the “lamptimer” to get the ball smoother. Ill try it here to. The problem is that its not cleary to see where i need to change the value there are some ” lamptimers” and all seem different. can someone help ?

regards

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I’ve never fiddled with the lamptimers myself. I was under the impression that it isn’t something you just change as a part of performance tweaking ?

phlove
            Participant
              @phlove

i have read it in onather forum and it worked perfectly it smoothed down every table my ball is running almost perfectly from stuttering

regarding this table where i can finde the value to change ?

Thalamus
                @thalamus

If I understand you correctly. Use the selection manager to find the timers in the table and then find which once contain lamps.

Jopp
                Participant
                  @joppnl

Not sure if this helps you but whenever I have a performance issue (not that much with my recent setup) then I go into the BackGlass settings (right mouse click on the BG) and change the lamp-interrupt values there.

Very easy to find and it helped with me where I couldn’t find an other problem. Try both GI as well as the flash numbers….

My favorite pinball machine?
                  Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

trochjochel
                  Participant
                    @trochjochel

great work . I played this table a lot last time because i was working on a puppack for this one. Now its one of my favourites. A absolutley show table when all comes together your table with colour dmd mx leds and puppack.

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

@Jopp, what values do you change them to?

Jopp
                      Participant
                        @joppnl

Like this:

My favorite pinball machine?
                        Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

RallyRally
                        Participant
                          @rallyrally

Looks gorgeous and plays furious. The center drain was just brutal, so much so that I finally relented to being a dirty, dirty cheater and installed a center pin. Even then, it’s still a 4 ball game, with my lousy playing skills. I’m really enjoying it though, so thank you for all your hard work!

charlieshakur
                          Participant
                            @charlieshakur

has anyone got the color vpx table link as my table uses a different rom :)

edit: what a idiot all i had to do was add c into my current script very easy that one

Kach069
                            Participant
                              @kach069

Is it me or is the flipper accuracy off on this one.  Seems way off actually…

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

It’s a older table – so, I recommend you look at the vpx table repo for fast flips

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts

Once you get used to tables having fast flip natively, you question tables where this wasn’t a known way around the “slow” ones.

Kach069
                                Participant
                                  @kach069

So the link has scripts that correct the issues?  Very cool.  I really like this table the best out of all the versions too.  I shall mess around with it.

Thanks a bunch!

Kach069
                                  Participant
                                    @kach069

It’s a older table – so, I recommend you look at the vpx table repo for fast flips

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts

Once you get used to tables having fast flip natively, you question tables where this wasn’t a known way around the “slow” ones.

I tried the new script and it did not do anything for the flippers.  maybe i am crazy but those flippers are off on this table.  would anything else cause the flippers to not be accurate?

kds70
                                    Participant
                                      @kds70

would anything else cause the flippers to not be accurate?

Which VPX version / sambuild are u using ? be sure the latest.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

bord
                                        @bord
                                        MembervipContributorModerator

I don’t think you’re wrong. Compared to playing a real ST all the shots off the flippers on the VPX version have to be taken early. It isn’t a flipper lag thing, just how the trajectory off the flippers happens. You might consider messing with the flipper physics – https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/nfozzy-physics-how-to-part-1/

That being said, this is still one of my favorite VP builds and one of the few modern Sterns that I come back to regularly. Fun game IRL and great looking VP version.

Kach069
                                        Participant
                                          @kach069

@bord I will give it a shot.  I really think this is the best looking example of the table out there.  I just need them flippers to be accurate.  It drives a brother nuts!

baalisan
                                          Participant
                                            @baalisan

Amazing work thanks nFozzy and all involved!

Not to sound ungrateful, are there any plans to perfect the backwall and also the backwall lights ?

Star Trek LE

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 198 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?