STAR TREK ENTERPRISE PuPPack

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    trochjochel
    Participant
      @trochjochel

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/star-trek-enterprise-puppack/

Space a final Frontier…..

HaHa not on your Cab.Here comes the StarTrek PuPPack

Beam me up ….to your Cab

tested with the StarTrek Enterprise LE (Stern) table, works with rom st_161hc

optional a loading Video inkluded Audilaunch for the new T-ARC feature in PinupPopper1.4

Thanks to Terry Hagerty for help with  troubleshooting.

This PuPPack requires Pinup Popper and Pinup Player installed and updated to 1.4 or higher.

System: Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

Features:

-21:9 Widescreen for the Backglassvideos

-different Videos for all modes on every Level matching the Gameplay

-different toppervideos for all main features in the game

-animated Backglassunderlay, different for every Mode

-optional PuP-Tracks music (that replaces the mono low quality SAM music). Featuring (high quality stereo) Original Movie Soundtracks from the movie.

-11 different overlay frames changing in every modus.

-different music tracks for every mode on every Level in the game.

-works with all cabinet configurations (DMD can be positioned in the bottom text area if required)

-over 100 PuPCapture DMD images being monitored

-over 400 trigger events to get all work

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

Visual Pinball X 10.5 All in One or higher installed (this is to include newest B2S Server):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

PinMAME 3.2 beta or higher installed:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/

PINUP SYSTEM (1.4 or higher):

PinUP System 1.4 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs, for those who use another front-end)

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=upgrade_v14&fbclid=IwAR1akUUjVX7FFPwftfM5GfKvBwf3oxFxJskg5FGS3nrPBk2uIDQtsIaexPY

DMDEXT:

DMDExt 1.71 (32 bit/x86 files only!) or higher installed in your VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUPCapture!

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ “dmddevice.dll” file, and the Pinup Player “dmddevicePUP.dll” file in your VPinMAME folder.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

PINMAME:

In the PinMAME settings for Star Trek (press F1 during gameplay):

– you must have “Use External DMD (DLL)” enabled. This will enable the freezy dmdext dmddevice.dll to be used, which is needed for PuPCapture.

– have “Ignore Rom CRC Errors” enabled. (to allow the use of a custom rom)

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.71 files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD a specific colour for PuP-Packs in VPX!

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don’t get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of your favorite Star Trek table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your table it won’t launch the directb2s!

FRONT-END MEDIA DISABLED FOR STAR TREK TABLE:

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

Pinball X: In Games Manager, make sure you have “Hide Topper” and “Hide Backglass” enabled for the table you are using.

Popper: In Games Manager, for the table you are using, enter -1 In the “Keep Displays ON” field (to not use Popper media on ALL Displays when launching the table)

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos” “st_161hc” folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack “st_161hc” folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder.

OST Movie Music To enable the PuP-Tracks music:

if you don´t want to use the OST Music

-edit the st_161hc with the PuP-Pack Editor, and change Screen 4 (Music) to “Off”. Then Save.And use your st_161hc rom in VpinMame Roms folder that you already have

If you want OST Music (recommend)

-you MUST use my custom “Muted Music Rom” version of the st_161hc.zip Rom file. Copy the st_161hc.zip to your VPinMAME Roms folder (backup your original st_161hc.zip file). This is required because SAM tables cannot have their music turned down or reduced by either VPX or the table’s Service Menu. I made this custom version of the rom with all the game’s music muted so it will allow only the PuP-Pack to play music for the game.

-run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat in the “PinupSystem” folder, and make sure your Music screen “Default State” is set to “Hide Always” (Sound Only)

================================================

PROBLEMS:

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX…  you most likely don’t have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set “FPS Limiter/VSYNC” to 1, and “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table’s “User Customization” options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

If the OST music “during gameplay” isn’t working correctly then you probably didn’t update correctly.

To make it CLEAR. You MUST be updated “properly” to Pinup System 1.4 for this Pack to work “correctly”! Some videos may not be triggering, and the OST Music PuP-Tracks will NOT work correctly without that update! Full instructions for updating and the links are in the Description under REQUIREMENTS

If you don´t want to use Topper go to PupPackeditor and disable screen 0

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Hmmmm….seems like the actual PuP-Pack file is missing.

Seeing as to how large it probably is….it probably never finished and gave an HTTP error.

I was also getting that when trying to upload anything over 500MB again as well.

trochjochel
        Participant
          @trochjochel

I know I always send an email with the link to vpinball Admin with the please exchange the file after the download(i do this every time becausethe Packs always to big)

at the moment there is a link to my googledrive as pdf in this downloadpackage

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Updated. sorry for delay.

Btw this looks very cool will be trying it out myself this weekend!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

GAH1068
            Participant
              @gah1068

Great work,   I love the font you used for the missions.       I can’t say enough how impressive these pup packs are getting.

Genesis38
              Participant
                @genesis38

Does this PUP pack require an active B2s backglass or no backglass? I’ve updated to 1.4 and I can’t get it to work unfortunately. All the other packs work fine.

trochjochel
                Participant
                  @trochjochel

No Backglass requires for this Pack. I saw also on Youtube a Video with wrong setup here a example how it have to work when all is correct installed.  https://youtu.be/90d_PhAaEZ4

Genesis38
                  Participant
                    @genesis38

Thank you. I must have not done something right. Will try again this evening.

Genesis38
                    Participant
                      @genesis38

Okay, so I am still having some trouble getting this to work. The puppack folder is named st_161hc but my rom / script is showing st_161h. I’ve tried renaming to match the puppack rom / folder including the rom name in the script but get an error on line 364. Game name not found. These Stern Roms are a bitch lol.

Any ideas what else it could be?

Thank you in advance

helshaks
                      Participant
                        @helshak

hi , this is probably a newbie question , but how to I setup my table to run a different rom that the one it was setup to play with ?

when I go in the script

Const cGameName = “ st_161h  “  and I change it to  “ st_161hc  “  it craches

I place the zip roms st_161hc in my roms folder with the others

all the other pupvideo table are working find

I tried placing all the file in the st_161h  folder in PUPVideo folder  but I think the pupcapture don t recognize the image from the dmd

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

Could it be this

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3880-cursor-disappears-vp-x-10-please-help/?tab=comments#comment-42286

For the color rom you will need the pal file from here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4760-startrek-lepremium-161/

The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

Okay, so I am still having some trouble getting this to work. The puppack folder is named st_161hc but my rom / script is showing st_161h. I’ve tried renaming to match the puppack rom / folder including the rom name in the script but get an error on line 364. Game name not found. These Stern Roms are a bitch lol.

Any ideas what else it could be?

Thank you in advance

Ensure you are using the latest VPM beta 3.2:  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/

You can tell if you are using it by running your current version’s setup.exe, then select “test” and if you don’t see version st_161hc, then you are not running the latest

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

Tried the pup pack, impressive work and variety!  Impressed how every mission select has its own video,  very polished experience and the custom rom with the OST is very nice!

when I updated vpm to the latest beta I noticed there’s actually a newer rom!  No big deal I like to set up a separate table without pup so I will keep the pup table using your custom 1.61 custom rom and the non pup using the latest 1.62.  I imagine it’s a recent update?

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

9/6 2018 is when st_162 got added.

Genesis38
                                Participant
                                  @genesis38

Thank you TheLoafer. That was the issue  Installed latest version of Sam Beta 3.2 and all working. Goes to say the importance of staying on top of these beta releases

Mlager8
                                  Participant
                                    @mlager8

Tried the pup pack, impressive work and variety! Impressed how every mission select has its own video, very polished experience and the custom rom with the OST is very nice!

when I updated vpm to the latest beta I noticed there’s actually a newer rom! No big deal I like to set up a separate table without pup so I will keep the pup table using your custom 1.61 custom rom and the non pup using the latest 1.62. I imagine it’s a recent update?

I’m having the same issue, though my VPM is already on 3.2 and I still dont see the st_161hc  on the rom list. On the setup page of VPM it even says “visual PinMAME version 3.2 is currently installed on  your computer”.  Any idea what’s going on?

See attachment

Genesis38
                                    Participant
                                      @genesis38

Make sure you change the rom name in the script to st_161hc. I did this and works fine. Don’t worry too much about not seeing it in VPM test mode.

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

For the color rom you need 3.2 from here

Try this
                                        Each time you install new version right click the Set up file in the VPinMame folder and run Administrator
                                        Install in the VPinMAME folder  C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME

Install this VPinMAME_3_2_beta.zip

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&hl=

Then official rev r4689

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?page=4

Then official rev 4723

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?page=5

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

Tried the pup pack, impressive work and variety! Impressed how every mission select has its own video, very polished experience and the custom rom with the OST is very nice!

when I updated vpm to the latest beta I noticed there’s actually a newer rom! No big deal I like to set up a separate table without pup so I will keep the pup table using your custom 1.61 custom rom and the non pup using the latest 1.62. I imagine it’s a recent update?

I’m having the same issue, though my VPM is already on 3.2 and I still dont see the st_161hc on the rom list. On the setup page of VPM it even says “visual PinMAME version 3.2 is currently installed on your computer”. Any idea what’s going on?

See attachment

There are multiple versions of 3.2 (with other sub “release number” as outhere points out).  The first post of the 3.2beta page is ALWAYS updated with the latest release version.  So:

• download the version found in the link I provided earlier, here it is again – http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/
                                            • The current version, today March 23rd 2019 @2:49pm Eastern Daylight Savings time, is VPM3.2beta r4723
                                          • save it to your pc locally
                                          • ensure you unblock the zip before proceeding.  You do that by right clicking, select properties and select “unblock”.  ANYTHING you download for VP, this should be done before proceeding
                                          • unzip it over your existing vpm installation (wherever you installed it)
                                          • run setup.exe.  I don’t run it as admin, maybe you need to, probably doesn’t hurt LOL
                                          • click install.  That should be all you need to do
                                          • now run test, do you see the rom listed?  If your answer is no, something ain’t right, your install is messed up, etc.
                                          • if yes, then you are good to go, ensure the star trek table has the same rom name found in the script (st_161hc)

enjoy!

p.s. outhere: you provided an EXCELLENT response, just trying to break it down step-by-step as an alternate way for the user to approach this

CarnyPriest
                                          Participant
                                            @carnypriest

Outhere’s response will at least cumulatively pick up everything that is needed such as updated pin2dmd driver and updated bass.dll, etc. I’ll just start retaining these things from now on future SAMbuild releases so that he no longer has to reference multiple files. Latest version is always in the first post of the thread.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?