Star Trek LE WIP

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

Here’s a current build of ST LE for testing purposes or anyone interested in trying it out. There’s probably a couple bugs though I can’t think of any. There may be a handful of things missing, off the top of my head I think just a bunch of flashers. They will be added soon but don’t affect gameplay so not a huge deal to me yet.

Lasers are in there, vengeance movement scripted, gates are scripted, left kicker and scoop are scripted, left outlane kickback is scripted, RGBs are scripted, the warp chaser lights and enterprise cabinet side chasers are scripted. Switched over the ramps to the LE style ramps (wireform) to accommodate the left scoop. Tweaked the physics a bit, changed the sounds. I haven’t made a new apron yet but the lights are kind of laid over the top so you get some of the effect.

I think the laser is pretty sweet, I adapted a demo script gtxjoe had made for moving balls in a circle and applied it to 120 VP light objects that circle the playfield. I don’t really know how to get to the mode, I do know that if I complete a mode stack (3 of the same mode) it will come up quicker, so give that a try and see if you can get the laser to turn on.

This has been fun, a needed distraction…

DJRobX has done some amazing shit the past few weeks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24df19sl29fr70v/stle%20100116a.rar?dl=0

Go grab the latest pinmame build from the first link in the first post to play it

Punch it!

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

I just set this up and tried it out… looks really awesome, Fren.  The lights and lighting are really great.  I haven’t got into laser mode yet, but going to work on that.

Not related to the table, but does that st_161h rom seem somewhat slow to respond sometimes?  Like adding coins seems to be a big delay and with a new ball.  Just wondering if it was my copy or something weird with that rom version.  Maybe I need to check my pinmame version again.

Anyway, great work on this table.  Plays good too… fast.

*edit*  Ok, just found the updated versions of pinmame in that LE thread.  I think that’s straightened out now.  Sorry for the confusion.

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

Got an updated version coming later today. All flashers and a few new textures and proper apron. Will be an actual release stay tuned

Yea you need at least the second build djrobx posted or the pinmame build carny posted, the first one was laggy

Punch it!

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

Yeah, Carny’s 2.39 seems to be working just fine.  Page 4 of that thread for anyone interested.

takut
            Participant
              @takut
              MemberContributor

Plays great and looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I changed the Top Height of Ramp 7 from 75 to 60 and according the Button Height of Ramp 16 to 60 also.  My feeling is that the ball will now go better onto the ramp and don’t roll back as often as with the Ramp height 75. I also changed the gravity constant to 0,98 and the upper right flipper strength to 3100.

Umpa
              Participant
                @umpa

Is this still a WIP it plays great!

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

No I don’t think so unless it breaks lol

Punch it!

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

If it breaks… it’s wip… if it works… final version.    :whistle:

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?