Star Trek Limited Edition (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    DJRobX
      @djrobx
      MemberModerator

The laser won’t come on until you get the true 3-lock multiball (look for the bright green locks), which is quite a bitch to achieve on this table, as those drop targets are very hard to hit.   It does NOT come on for Vengeance Multiball.    Works fine with B2s, but be prepared that it may bring your cab to its knees!

The laser is smooth on my GTX 960 but I have 4x AA disabled on this table.   It’s the only table I’ll put up without 4x on because the laser is so worth it.  :)

Denzel
      Participant
        @zwylde

Hi again Rob, ah ok; I thought I’d read somewhere that the lasers should come on in in track mode. Is there any way I can test that I’m getting the full GI? (I’m guessing that if I have TWD le working fine that this should have no problems – it’s just that star trek on my cab looks less dark than in pics I’ve seen)

Mark70
        Participant
          @mark70

I have a GTX960 too, but I never tried without 4x AA :-)
          I have to check how much it decreases the GFX during normal -Laser free- gameplay when 4x AA is disabled.
          Thanks for the hint..   btw, this table rocks!

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I copied over randr’s addressable led effects from the PM5 Pro version to this LE version in my *30.ini, and I’m happy to say that they work great with this LE version of the table. these are the cool animated effects I showed on my cab in an older video in my YouTube channel….. they aren’t the normal flasher bar replacement.

Does this LE version make use of the FIRE / Punch It button ? I mean, does it make that button flash like it does at the arcade? I haven’t seen it come on yet…. (I have a FIRE button, and it works on ACDC and Walking Dead LE)

VP really needs to have a dedicated key / button for the “FIRE” lockdown bar button….  some tables use the left magna save….some use the right magna save…..some use the Launch Button.

Is there an easy VB script entry to customise that “Punch It” function to whatever key I want?

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I just use launch button as the punch or whatever button

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                @terryred

I just use launch button as the punch or whatever button

This will work for the “Fire” function….but not the “Punch It” function.

This table…and most of Stern’s newer tables that have this lockdown bar button, will make use of this button in two ways:

-while the ball is on the playfield, during certain gameplay events it will act as a “Fire / Whatever” type of button to Fire torpedoes in Star Trek, or fire the cannon in ACDC, etc…  The button will flash when you can use it for this.

-while the ball is in the plunger lane, instead of using the plunger, pressing the “FIRE” button will launch the ball instantly like an auto-plunger. The button does not light up for this.  I’ve seen this work for ACDC, Star Trek, and it also works for Mustang. I’m sure it works for others…

My FIRE button is wired to my left magna-save (or 2nd left flipper for Future Pinball). Since Future Pinball tables like Iron Man, Star Trek, Aliens Legacy, ACDC, and soon the newer Transformers make extensive use of this feature….I wanted a dedicated button available for that.   If I had a normal lockdown bar, I would absolutely HAVE to have a FIRE button in it now.

So, I just want to be able to change the Punch It function to my FIRE button…or at least a “key” of my choosing so I can map it with another program if need be.

Is there a colour modded rom for this yet…. I thought I saw some video fottage of it in action once.   I just got some of the other Stern tables colour modded and man….I want it for all my tables now!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

You can change it in table script to be magnasave if you want that

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Florian
                  Participant
                    @trapperjohn

After I had a hard time to install all prerequisites for this table, I got the weird behavior, that the big ship on top spins like crazy each time it gets hit (sometimes it ends up with its front below the playfield). Its textures also look a bit .. hmm .. low quality?

I guess, I did something wrong during setup – but what? Any hints?

Attachments:
                    Florian
                    Participant
                      @trapperjohn

Example of just a ‘light’ spin… It is often worse

Florian
                      Participant
                        @trapperjohn

Further investigation – it seems to be connected to nudging. I use the Pinscape controller for analog nudging. When the ship shakes due to ball hit, all is well as long as I don’t physically move my cab. The slightest nudge (e.g. a hard hit on a flipper button) results in the ship doing its crazy dance ;-)

krisser
                        Participant
                          @krisser

classic vpx issue with nudge. For vpx your deadzone should be much more and even decrease sensitivity for vpx VP. totally different the vp9 settings

logged in on wife’s pc no way would she know that but yeah this is randr not Kristen :)

TerryRed
                            @terryred

You can change it in table script to be magnasave if you want that

Yah…if I could change it to left magna save…that would be great.  I’m a little familiar with FP script….but not really VP.

Florian
                            Participant
                              @trapperjohn

classic vpx issue with nudge. For vpx your deadzone should be much more and even decrease sensitivity for vpx VP. totally different the vp9 settings

Unfortunately not, nudge settings are quite low and work perfectly regarding behavior of the ball. Its only the ship…

Pinball Shawn
                              Participant
                                @pinballshawn

The shooter autofire fires off the torpedoes every time a ball is launched. There’s no way to stack them up.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

The shooter autofire fires off the torpedoes every time a ball is launched. There’s no way to stack them up.

I’ve only played the real table 2 times, so bear with my limited exposure…

Are you saying this is a “bug” or fault with the VPX table, or is this the way the original real table is supposed to act?

I don’t know the table well enough….but I would think that if you have torpedoes stacked that they would normally be all lost when your ball drains. So if you use the FIRE button to Auto-plunge / Launch the ball from the plunger lane after a drain, that should be normal.

However…if during a multiball mode, etc are you saying that your stacked torpedoes get “fired” as soon as a “saved” ball gets auto-launched?

Jesperpark
                                  Participant
                                    @jesperpark

I’ve only played the real table 2 times, so bear with my limited exposure… Are you saying this is a “bug” or fault with the VPX table, or is this the way the original real table is supposed to act? I don’t know the table well enough….but I would think that if you have torpedoes stacked that they would normally be all lost when your ball drains. So if you use the FIRE button to Auto-plunge / Launch the ball from the plunger lane after a drain, that should be normal. However…if during a multiball mode, etc are you saying that your stacked torpedoes get “fired” as soon as a “saved” ball gets auto-launched?

Shawn is correct there is a bug.  The torpedoes are awarded when you hit the 3 “weapons targets” on the right side.  If you lose a ball when playing in a normal mode, you retain these torpedoes.  If however you lose the ball during shoot again, the auto plunger will fire the ball and your saved torpedoes built up will be fired as well.  When the auto plunger fires the ball you will notice the vengeance bounce.   Now unless this is LE thing but it’s not correct in the pro version

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

I’ve only played the real table 2 times, so bear with my limited exposure… Are you saying this is a “bug” or fault with the VPX table, or is this the way the original real table is supposed to act? I don’t know the table well enough….but I would think that if you have torpedoes stacked that they would normally be all lost when your ball drains. So if you use the FIRE button to Auto-plunge / Launch the ball from the plunger lane after a drain, that should be normal. However…if during a multiball mode, etc are you saying that your stacked torpedoes get “fired” as soon as a “saved” ball gets auto-launched?

Shawn is correct there is a bug. The torpedoes are awarded when you hit the 3 “weapons targets” on the right side. If you lose a ball when playing in a normal mode, you retain these torpedoes. If however you lose the ball during shoot again, the auto plunger will fire the ball and your saved torpedoes built up will be fired as well. When the auto plunger fires the ball you will notice the vengeance bounce. Now unless this is LE thing but it’s not correct in the pro version

It’s been a while since I did the DOFLinx mod of SLAM’s Future Pinball version. I can’t remember if the torpedoes are retained after a drain…. I’ll have to check now…its been a while, but I think its how you describe it should be for that version. I know it will be a bit different than VP, but I’m sure SLAM try to mimic the rules to be very similar, as he did with most of Iron Man (except he put in a FIRE button in FP Iron Man, whereas the arcade version didn’t have one)

Does anyone else have a “Punch It” button on their virtual cab?

Edit: I forgot, you just got the real thing…..nice!

Pinball Shawn
                                      Participant
                                        @pinballshawn

Shawn is correct there is a bug. The torpedoes are awarded when you hit the 3 “weapons targets” on the right side. If you lose a ball when playing in a normal mode, you retain these torpedoes. If however you lose the ball during shoot again, the auto plunger will fire the ball and your saved torpedoes built up will be fired as well. When the auto plunger fires the ball you will notice the vengeance bounce. Now unless this is LE thing but it’s not correct in the pro version

I’ve never played a pro version but I play the LE often. It’s a bug, the torpedoes should stay stacked throughout the game. Honestly the only time you use them is during Vengeance mode.  The same bug existed in the pro version. There was another bug in the pro that would not allow player 2-4 to select their mission, not sure if that’s been resolved.

TNT2
                                        Participant
                                          @tnt2

Amazing recreation.  :good:

MnHotRod
                                          Participant
                                            @mnhotrod

Error message on latest builds. Anybody else getting this? Table worked fine before. Installed a newer version from VPU. Now both the the new and old build display an error code on the DMD when initializing rom “st_161h”.

“This machine will not operate in this country. Please contact your distributor”

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 224 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?