Star Trek Limited Edition (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Jarrod0987
    Participant
      @jarrod0987

Trying to get this to work right. Ball does not drain, just sits at bottom in space when I don’t flip. Ball also disappears. I tried looking for this version 2.39 on VPU but all I can find is 2.37 which I already have. I am also using the only rom available from Stern’s site. I am pretty sure i have it labeled right because the table loads and plays. Can anyone help?

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Ha! I like walls. I won’t tell the wife she thinks she is good  at that table now :)

IMG_3567

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Attachments:
        Jarrod0987
        Participant
          @jarrod0987

I got it working right. Had issues with it not detecting most coins and the ball not being able to go into the drain. Turned off B2S and it seems to be fine now.

Rajo Joey
          Participant
            @joey2001

Ball getting stuck in the left (I assume you mean the kicker) – >>>Yea I don’t think you’re playing with the LE rom lol see page 3 for the link (maybe fixes multiball) There’s a slider in the options (Night->Day Slider) that can crank the brightness up to ungodly levels! Click options on the left of the editor and you’ll see a window pop up on the right side, under appearance options you can change the brightness. You can increase the friction on the table to reduce ball spin, but if you’re comparing it to other VP tables and not a real table you may be doing it wrong.

Thanks for the help. I have the rom st_161h.zip and think, that is the right one? But I downloaded it again from the link. The ball stucks in the kicker on the left. No change. Another idea? :whistle:

Fascinating… it looks like the kicker solenoid doesn’t fire unless the scoop rotates, so the only time it kicks is when it kicks up to the ramp, it’s my understanding the the kicker kicks no matter what, and the scoop just changes direction. Maybe that’s wrong. Looking into it now

I think, it’s my fault. I’ve download the updated table and the vpinmame 2.39 and the kicker works as it should be. :yahoo:

And now I see the beauty of the table. Thanks for your help. A great work of art! :good:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

It really does look amazing!

for IOS and Android

edizzle
              Participant
                @edizzle

Haven’t had a chance to play this yet, but seeing who worked on this table, no doubt it will be legit.  The VP pro version is already one of my favorites!  Thanks to Fren an all who contributed.

CarnyPriest
                Participant
                  @carnypriest

Looking forward to a pinDMD version of vpinmame to give this a try.

Keep a lookout at VPU over the next day or so. lucky1 is pulling together a build that unifies support for all the real DMD boards. None of us have pindmd1 or pindmd3, so we’ll need to have some users ready to test this out.

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

not a “thanks for the table” or anything, just straight into bitching about the stupid shit that is actually just personal fucking preferences.

There are quite a few people saying “thanks for the table”, and I see a lot of comments scattered about the world of visual pinball that say Fren is a great table author… so maybe just focus on that.  Don’t let the critical comments bring you down.    :-)

Johngreve
                    Participant
                      @johngreve

not a “thanks for the table” or anything, just straight into bitching about the stupid shit that is actually just personal fucking preferences.

There are quite a few people saying “thanks for the table”, and I see a lot of comments scattered about the world of visual pinball that say Fren is a great table author… so maybe just focus on that. Don’t let the critical comments bring you down. :-)

Well put! I never did understand the concept of biting the hand that feeds you. I think some folks are just so focused on getting what they want that they lose sight of common courtesy. I think it’s important to remember here that guys like Fren do not have to share their work……I’ve never forgotten that and neither should anyone else. We all owe the builders a huge debt of gratitude. If it were not for the generosity of these guys I know I’d be looking for a new hobby cause I’m basically tits on a bull here.?

CarnyPriest
                      Participant
                        @carnypriest

Looking forward to a pinDMD version of vpinmame to give this a try.

Keep a lookout at VPU over the next day or so. lucky1 is pulling together a build that unifies support for all the real DMD boards. None of us have pindmd1 or pindmd3, so we’ll need to have some users ready to test this out.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?do=findComment&comment=31158

Also includes the latest sound improvements that toxie has been working on. Please provide feedback on the linked thread especially if you have a pindmd1 or pindmd3. Thanks.

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

There are quite a few people saying “thanks for the table”, and I see a lot of comments scattered about the world of visual pinball that say Fren is a great table author… so maybe just focus on that. Don’t let the critical comments bring you down. :-)

Well put! I never did understand the concept of biting the hand that feeds you. I think some folks are just so focused on getting what they want that they lose sight of common courtesy. I think it’s important to remember here that guys like Fren do not have to share their work……I’ve never forgotten that and neither should anyone else. We all owe the builders a huge debt of gratitude. If it were not for the generosity of these guys I know I’d be looking for a new hobby cause I’m basically tits on a bull here.?

Ha don’t get me wrong, 99% of the people who comment are awesome, and the occasional comment from someone won’t bug me, I might give them some shit (especially if they’re complaining about my GD dark balls) but it’s not a huge deal. That’s the one guy who is just constant criticism, so I need to say something. I’m not the only person irked by his comments, so I’m not a complete raving lunatic. What sucks is he actually has good input on physics when you talk to him, he made a lot of suggestions I used on Metallica, but for some reason in the forums he just comes across as a bit of a testicle. Especially with comments like that. It’s such a minor thing but it’s not just this, it’s everything anyone ever releases, it just gets old. Offer suggestions for improvement or something but damn!

I’m legitimately happy with the physics of this table. If I messed with the friction any more on the flippers I’d lose the shot angles. On metallica everything seems close but I can not really backhand the right ramp and I think the sparky shot is too far up the flipper, there’s constantly compromise, that’s how these games are. We’re damn close but it’s like there’s a physics setting we don’t have or don’t know about that might bring everything together. To get the bounce off the flippers like we want there’s some elasticity needed, and too much elasticity brings in some ball stops, and so you reduce the flipper friction and that introduces issues when the ball just rolls on the flipper. So you have to pick a middle ground, to me the friction is fine, the elasticity is the issue, but to get the bounce you need the elasticity. So I said fuck it, that’s a minor issue that affects the game play less than the alternative. If we take his settings we won’t get the bounce, unless he’s got a new method! Maybe! But I may never know because I already told him off lol

Punch it!

Drybonz
                          Participant
                            @drybonz

Sounds good, man… just don’t let that stuff keep you from having fun.

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

Small update to 100716b, not DOF yet but we’re working on it!

Punch it!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                              randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

thank you! whats the update?

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

nevermind read changelog.  :good:

for IOS and Android

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

Thanks for all of your hard work Fren. I was just playing your Tales from the Crypt VP10 table. Such an excellent recreation and a great Halloween table.

Launch14
                                    Participant
                                      @launch14

Thx all involved this build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

It is soooooooo great!!!!!!!!! :good:   :bye:   :yahoo:

Best regards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

Thanks for all of your hard work Fren. I was just playing your Tales from the Crypt VP10 table. Such an excellent recreation and a great Halloween table.

Tales from the Crypt is awesome… it’s in my regular rotation.

boiydiego
                                        Participant
                                          @boiydiego

i got rom invalid i downloaded rom from stern the le version rar’t it and named it st_161h ,also got last vpm..??

boiydiego
                                          Participant
                                            @boiydiego

ok fixed it

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 224 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?