Star Trek Limited Edition (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Ray
    Participant
      @vpfan

Anyone else getting some serious lag for a second when the Vengeance ship is hit with the newest 10-30-16 version?   butter smooth all other times for me.  Wasn’t an issue with the non-dof versions earlier.  Tried some frame skip in the backglass options, no change.  Maybe b2s server tuning will eventually resolve, being a beta release…

Vinthar
      Participant
        @vinthar

Just upgraded to stle 103016a and table illumination is not working. Older stle 101116a works fine. Using latest Vp10.2 beta (rev 2847), b2s102516b and vpm112016 (vpm111316 crashes VP when I am trying to run stle 103016a ). any suggestions?

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

You are using the le rom?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Vinthar
          Participant
            @vinthar

You are using the le rom?

Yap, I am using le rom – stle 101116a works great,  stle 103016a have no table illumination. Can’t sort it out why.

Jack
            Participant
              @breikers

Table looks really awesome. But I am getting .net error messages running the table from pinballx. Does not seem to happen when just running VPX. I am running the latest build of Pinballx and Windows 10. Any Ideas ?

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

You must be running true full screen? Need to set dmd to ddraw=0 if I recall in registry. disclaimer I don’t run true full screen so maybe someone else can suggest fix

for IOS and Android

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

Jack, are you using the latest b2s backglass server? Maybe it’s worth a try.

Jack
                  Participant
                    @breikers

I am running windowed full screen. What is the latest version of b2s backglass server ?

Jack
                    Participant
                      @breikers

This is the error message I get.

Attachments:
                      1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Jesperpark
                      Participant
                        @jesperpark

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?page=1

Top of page 1 has all the latest revisions of pinmame, B2S to fix the crash etc

DJRobX
                          @djrobx
                          MemberModerator

Yep, that error means you’re using an older B2S.    Same for Vinthar’s issue.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

AH! forgot about that! good call Mark70

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Jack
                            Participant
                              @breikers

Ok, thx I will check into that. Are these files posted at this site also ? So hard to keep up these days with updates posted in forum posts. :) I am using the version in the attached picture. Thx everyone, will let you know if these resolve my issue.

Attachments:
                              Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

current backglas server is 112616, you will find it in DJRobx’s thread by using the above link.
                                Just copy (and overwrite) the B2SBackglasServer.dll, there is no need to run the registration again.
                                Good Luck

Ben Logan2
                                Participant
                                  @benlogan2

Mark70 — Thanks for describing the installation process. Glad it’s super simple! And thanks again DJRobX for your work. Fren’s Star Trek LE is a fantastic gift to the community. Nice to see everything integrating. :)

Jack
                                  Participant
                                    @breikers

Hi all, the .net error messages are gone after updating the b2s server ! So thx for that. Still having the following issue though. During klingon multiball and the awesome lightshow ! (Really nice job Fren!) i have some serious lag and flippers become almost unresponsive. Is there anything else i am missing ? I am running a i5 (older version), 8GB mem and a geforce 750ti. I have the sam vp 2.39 build installed. Is the VP update really necessary ?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

@Jack : I’ve tried some of the earlier releases on a slower computer. I believe it was mostly related to the lasers. Haven’t checked lately, but, I would expect that it is still an option you can turn off in the script.

Jopp
                                      Participant
                                        @joppnl

I’m having the same issue: when the red dots over the playfield come in (the laser in the real ST) the game becomes unplayeble until that mode is over.

I do believe it is a graphics card performance issue: if I monitor ir during normal play the load is perfect but when the laser starts it goes to a full 100% (or more, it only goes up to 100).

So, I think I must try an other graphics card if I want to solve this but it doesn’t annoy me much, I love the rest of the table.

There is a little chance that upgrading to the latest pinmame, dB2s server might change things although my system is ok-up-to-date it doesn’t have the latest of the latest updates but as I said: monitoring the hardware shows that that might be the bottleneck.

My system: i5-3450   HD7950

My favorite pinball machine?
                                        Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

I’m in doubt that it is possible at all to get smooth gameplay with activated laser.
                                          Maybe someone can confirm that it is possible, before you change your hardware unnessecarily.

Denzel
                                          Participant
                                            @zwylde

Hi, after getting TWD LE running, I thought I’d check out the other LEs.

I can see that this table is another amazing work of art; huge appreciation goes out to the table author.

The problem I’m having is that I’m not getting any lasers (haven’t turned off in the script and have turned on GI in demo mode).

I saw earler in the thread that lasers (which come on during vengeance multiball?) aren’t working whilst running B2S?; I can’t see in the script where to disable B2S server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Btw; is there a good possibility that we’ll see Metallica LE?; I last read that the hammer control was causing problems?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 224 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?