Star Trek Pro (Stern 2013) (VPX Beta 2233+)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    Flint_Beastwood
    Participant
      @flint-beastwood

@ Vinthar, that was actually the first thing I did but still a no go.

Vinthar
      Participant
        @vinthar

@Flint: Well, I am no expert but still looks like rom/rom name problem to me – something related to vpinmame not to table itself. Does rom starts when you run only pinmame and test it?

Flint_Beastwood
        Participant
          @flint-beastwood

Actually, it doesn’t even show up in the list to test. I find that very weird, It’s just enough to bug the crap out of me.

Vinthar
          Participant
            @vinthar

If it’s not on the list this means it’s not supported, so no wonder it does not work. You need never version of PINMAME (think this one is semi-official) with latest stern roms support. Get if from VPUIVERSE – this should solve your problem.

Flint_Beastwood
            Participant
              @flint-beastwood

Are you talking about the SAM/PINDMD Unity 2.16 Version? If so, I have already tried that.

Vinthar
              Participant
                @vinthar
                Vinthar
                Participant
                  @vinthar

Don’t know mate, but if don’t see on list:

Star Trek Pro (V1.2) st_120
                  Star Trek Pro (V1.3) st_130
                  Star Trek Pro (V1.4) st_140
                  Star Trek Pro (V1.5) st_150
                  Star Trek Pro (V1.6) st_160
                  Star Trek Pro (V1.61) st_161

You CLEARLY have “wrong” version with no support for rom!
                  Get one from here; http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sampindmd-1-and-2unity-unified-version/

Flint_Beastwood
                  Participant
                    @flint-beastwood

@ Vinthar: I fixed my issue. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled, works like a charm. Must have been some kind of registry issue or something. Thanks for the help.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

@ Vinthar: I fixed my issue. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled, works like a charm. Must have been some kind of registry issue or something. Thanks for the help.

Glad you got it working :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

Some PCs you need to actually open the Setup.exe in VPinMAME and click install. Most of the time you get away with just replacing the VPinMAME.dll

I have a few tables I would like to post here but they need some work. Metallica is currently using mostly someone else’s code, so I can’t release that as I don’t have their permission. I have started scripting it with my own code and sprucing it up for VP10 but I have a little ways to go on the build. Currently I need high quality plastics scans, the back wall, drop target pictures and other things. It’ll be a quick completion once I can get some plastics though, as the script is fairly simple, I just drag my feet since I’m missing core components :) Oh I also need permission to use the modified sparky head from that modeler.

Glad people are enjoying the table so far. It has a few bugs but I spent a lot of time on it and was getting tunnel vision with it. :unsure:

Punch it!

PinBill
                        Participant
                          @pinbill

Fren,
                          LOVE the Star Trek table. My buddy has a real one, and this plays very much the same. It’s fun to be able to leave his place and continue to practice at home now and learn the rules. I’m amazed by the color changing lighting and inserts. This is easily the best VP table I’ve played so far. (Until Metallica comes out, I like that theme beter)

2 quick things, The default playfield image is missing art in the upper left and upper right orbits. I looked through the image editor and saw you have a ton of different playfield images. I tried swapping it with another that had the complete artwork, but the insert lights didn’t line up anymore. Not sure how to correct that…

The other thing is the flasher under the left orbit’s spinner is supposed to go off as the spinner spins. The flasher appears as a static image on this table and never goes off.

Thanks for all your hard work. I need to learn how to get started on building table so I can contribute to this community.

freneticamnesic
                            @freneticamnesic
                            vipModeratorMember

I’m not sure what you mean is missing, are you pointing at them with the arrows?

null

Sorry about the left orbit flasher… I had one there but didn’t like how it looked (it was a holdover from VP9) in VP10… I’ll add one in there.

Punch it!

PinBill
                            Participant
                              @pinbill

If you open your table the right orbit fades from red, to an abrupt black. In the real life table it fades from red to blue all the way around the orbit. If you open other play field images in the resources manager you’ll see the play field colored properly like you posted above. If you open the image that you are using in the beta you’ll see that the color is missing from the orbit completely for some reason and it’s just solid black. It’s like the scan is incomplete or something. Those geometric shapes are there but it’s just black.

Don’t apologize for missing a flasher. We all appreciate the effort you’ve already put in on this!

Attachments:
                              freneticamnesic
                                @freneticamnesic
                                vipModeratorMember

It’s not a scan, it’s a complete redraw. Plus, as you can see, it’s plenty blue up there, it just shows up dark in VP. (also see I tagged it with my name in the pop bumper area)

null

Soooooooooooo I’ll take that as a compliment I guess?

Punch it!

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Thanks again, Fren, for this awesome – its my new STAR in my Cab :yahoo:

jupiter
                                  Participant
                                    @jupiter

Wow awesome work Fren! An absolute masterpeiece – I have never seen the real table here in France, but want to hunt it down now! :). btw – I needed to disable reflections in the lastest VP build to not get stutter, but with VPrev2152 it plays smooth with reflections, so I guess they changed something drastic.

freneticamnesic
                                      @freneticamnesic
                                      vipModeratorMember

Thanks – yes I did notice that yesterday. It should be an easy fix!

Punch it!

Brtlkat
                                      Participant
                                        @brtlkat

<P>I downloaded the pro rom from Stern, renamed it and zipped it but still does not work, done this in the past with other Stern tables no problem, should I be using the pro rom?</P>

I’m having the same issue tried it everyway I could still has error terminated and then check rom or rom path. I have rom st_161 in rom folder just like all the others. All other sterns work fine. Any info to what would cause this issue running windows xp if that matters. Kinda of stuck for now :wacko: . Any help would be great thanks.

Brtlkat
                                        Participant
                                          @brtlkat

<P><P>I downloaded the pro rom from Stern, renamed it and zipped it but still does not work, done this in the past with other Stern tables no problem, should I be using the pro rom?</P></P>

<P>I’m having the same issue tried it everyway I could still has error terminated and then check rom or rom path. I have rom st_161 in rom folder just like all the others. All other sterns work fine. Any info to what would cause this issue running windows xp if that matters. Kinda of stuck for now :wacko: . Any help would be great thanks.</P>

The rom 161 does work when tested in the pinmame test rom program.

Brtlkat
                                          Participant
                                            @brtlkat

<P><P><P>I downloaded the pro rom from Stern, renamed it and zipped it but still does not work, done this in the past with other Stern tables no problem, should I be using the pro rom?</P></P></P>

<P><P>I’m having the same issue tried it everyway I could still has error terminated and then check rom or rom path. I have rom st_161 in rom folder just like all the others. All other sterns work fine. Any info to what would cause this issue running windows xp if that matters. Kinda of stuck for now :wacko: . Any help would be great thanks.</P></P>

<P>The rom 161 does work when tested in the pinmame test rom program.</P>

I do have the latest build 2188

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 165 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?