Star Trek – The Next Generation (Williams 1993)

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 275 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Yepp. That describes what I saw exactly. But, again – I knew where I lost the ball. Can be hard to track during mb. I’m quite confident that it is what you’re seeing too. And, yes, I hope we can get a fix because this is a fantastic table.

vogliadicane
      Participant
        @vogliadicane

Dang, this is a cool release! I love not only the new graphics, but expecially those physics. :good:   :good:

For all those like me, who prefer the light blueish version of cannons (actually I never saw the black ones in the wild), set their value “disable lighting” to 0.1 or lower. Same for the shuttle.

STTNG_light_cannons

And if you want some Star Fleet logo on the ball, take one of the images as decal (logo mode: off)
        Ok the ADD ANOTHER FILE didn’t work, so I place them here directly:

Scratches_and_2logosScratches_and_2logos_mint

A ball image, that goes well with it is this one (not by me):

pinball_hc

Loganchihuahua
        Participant
          @chihua07

Holy smokes!!! Thank you so much for the update. This is such an amazing upgrade.  Visually it just sings!!!  Wow!  I just got off of a vacation and came home to this!!! I love this table and have played 1.2 with smiles, but 1.3….VP Bliss   Thank you!

xphilou29
          Participant
            @xphilou29

absolutely fantastic! ssf sound, amazing update, played a lot today with great pleasure !

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

This update is unbelievable! I love how it turned out, what a beauty :)!

Plays fantastic. THANKS.

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

Just played the newest release 1.3.

Holy crap.  :heart:

Bram1982
                Participant
                  @bram1982

Found a bug / ball stuck!

Played the v1.2 table on my VR headset many times. Awesome! Tried the v1.3 version today and its even nicer! Thanx again! However there’s a (big) problem where the ball can get stuck. Here’s a video to explain. It happens every few games and its quite the showstopper unfortunately. Please take a look at it:

Bram1982
                  Participant
                    @bram1982

Yepp. That describes what I saw exactly. But, again – I knew where I lost the ball. Can be hard to track during mb. I’m quite confident that it is what you’re seeing too. And, yes, I hope we can get a fix because this is a fantastic table.

I found out where the ball gets stuck. See my previous post. Its very unfortunate indeed because it really kills the game and it happens quite often. Is there any way to send the author an quick message? Im sure its an easy fix!

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

That is the most awesome ball stuck feedback I’ve seen to date m8 ! :good:

Should be easy to fix now – thanks a bunch. I should add though. I’ve played the table a lot since, and for some very odd reason it hasn’t happened to me since I reported. I know. It just doesn’t makes sense. :unsure:

Loganchihuahua
                      Participant
                        @chihua07

Really cool video showing where the ball gets stuck. That is fantastic. Yes i absolutely have always loved this table.  Haven’t had a stuck ball on 1.2. Don’t think i have on 1.3 either, but haven’t put in the miles yet on 1.3 that i have on 1.2.  Hopefully its a easy fix.  Great Job creating the video.

Bram1982
                        Participant
                          @bram1982

That is the most awesome ball stuck feedback I’ve seen to date m8 ! :good:

Should be easy to fix now – thanks a bunch. I should add though. I’ve played the table a lot since, and for some very odd reason it hasn’t happened to me since I reported. I know. It just doesn’t makes sense. :unsure:

Keep filling up the Borg ship by shooting balls in the right tunnel like in the video. Also when launching a new ball, choose light lock if available.  If played like this the stuck ball will likely happen.  Just also played it  on the normal desktop version 10.6.0 rev 3696 32 bit and it happened the first game I played.

My guess is the ball somehow sometimes gets past the detector where it should register as being locked in the Borg ship and thus keeps rolling  into the out-of-bounds area.

/Update
                          Just got the ball stuck again! Desktop version 3758. After doing the game where you fly through the caves (I choose the 25 million instead of flying through btw) the ball gets ejected to the left side flipper. I then immediately shot the ball full speed into the lane leading to the Borg ship like in the video I posted. There it gets stuck.

/Edit2
                          Also had it just happen when shooting the ball in that same far right lane where it flew straight through the Borg ship back onto the playing field. I’m not talking about the normal behavior where the Borg ship will eject a ball. This time the ball flew straight through in one go.

So anyway I was playing v1.2 for the moment and just had the ball permanently stuck on the right ramp entrance. The ball hit the entrance in a weird way, causing it to fly up a bit and land exactly on top of the elastic bumper that’s located left.  So this is on V1.2 but might also happen on V1.3

Bram1982
                          Participant
                            @bram1982

Found another bug. This time its just visually I think. One of the three round bumpers on the upper right section next to the Borg ship is missing a piece of metal. Interestingly enough you can see the piece falling down into the endless black void below the table when using VR glasses right after loading the table:

rothbauerw
                              @rothbauerw
                              ModeratorContributorMembervip

For the first issue, I recommend two changes on layer 3.

1. change the hit height of sw45 to 100.  My guess is, the ball is flying over this kicker.
                              2. add a wall just to the left of sw45 to prevent the ball from flying past.

Capture

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw

For the bumper issue, set the “Ring Drop Offset” to zero for all three bumpers.  The one in question has a very high value set.

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw

For the ball stuck on the rubber.  Add a ramp over the rubber to deflect the ball away should it jump and land there.

Capture

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Thanks @rothbauerw !

zimbakin
                                    Participant
                                      @zimbakin

WOW! Geniuses… and thank you.

Never take advice from me,
                                      you'll end up drunk.

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

Thanks Roth and also Knorr :good:

Pinbolt
                                        Participant
                                          @pinbolt

Thanks for the update, looks great.

Wolverine
                                          Participant
                                            @wolverine

Thanks a lot for this table and all the Updates.

I use it in desktop Mode ander there is noch backglas shown. how can i activate it? i find nothing in the script

Greetings

Wolverine

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 275 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?