Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 274 total)
  • Author
    rotrax
    Participant
    @rotrax

oh men, this is a disturbing hobby.. I didn’t sleep last night. thank  :whistle:

What a incredible achievement. played this last week and now at home…same.

Little issue with the ball locater, keeps shooting balls as the others say. Maybe a rom issue. nvram delete didn’t help.

maybe this helps..  thx

Mark70
    Participant
    @mark70

After playing several games, it is clear, this is a masterpiece in every single detail!

Thank you for sharing!

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

Thanks for your reply Drybonz. I did remove the NVRam and as tried a redownload and re-install of the entire table, but my issue isn’t solved by doing that. 

I don’t remember what your issue was but I think I recommended F3 to reset the rom.  Did you try that?  You don’t need to re-download the table… it’s the same table each time.

Guys with issues… start the table first time… let it do its thing, maybe shoot a couple balls and let them drain so you have a nvram file generated (probably not necessary but let’s fix this)… close VPX and delete the nvram file (yes, it is in the “nvram” folder, named after the rom).  Restart the game… if it says coin door open, hit 8 or 9 to adjust the volume and then let it close, or just hit “end” (the “end” key on the keyboard, which is the coin door button) to close that… Hit F3 (reset the rom)… if it doesn’t go to “Star Trek” on the DMD hit F3 again and reset it again… if it doesn’t go to Star Trek still, close the table and restart it… if it doesn’t go to Star Trek still hit F3 and reset again… same thing for “ball looping” issues when the table start… same process… just keep tooling with resetting it a few times until it works… I had all these issues initially and was able to fix it by just closing the coin door and resetting a couple times… maybe a second nvram delete.  There’s nothing wrong with your table you just need to get it initialized and it’s a little funky at first.

First, and most important… don’t panic.

:good:

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

When I had real machine it would always launch an all it 2 on boot up to sort itself out. Maybe people. Red to let it do its thing and don’t try to start until it’s finished. It’s working great here maybe I can provide my nvram for people or someone with no issues up their nvram

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

It should launch 2… there is an issue when it hasn’t properly initialized yet where it just keeps shooting balls instead of two.  It was pretty easy to fix, following the above steps.  Maybe sharing the initialized nvram would help people though.  Good thinking.

Jeff
    Participant
    @jayber4

The table not only looks good, it play great too.  Thanks for making this table! :yahoo:

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

Here’s my initialized nvram, as per randr’s suggestion.  Start the table the first time (to generate the nvram), then, instead of deleting it… replace it with this one.  The nvram files can be found in the… wait for it… nvram folder.

If you already deleted the nvram but still have initialization issues, just replace it with this one.

If someone that is having problems can test this, I appreciate it.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    rothbauerw
    @rothbauerw
    ModeratorContributorMembervip

I’ve been away from a machine I could play on for over a week.  Finally had the opportunity to download and play today.  I’m absolutely blown away.  What an awesome build!  I’m so completely satisfied with this table that the constant urge for the next great table has completely melted away.  This table is going to get hundreds of hours of play.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Andypc
    Participant
    @andypc

Amazing Table :yahoo: Thanks. One small thing, When I change the inclination I get an odd effect in the top right corner I can’t solve? STTNG-1

Knorr, the graphical problem is being caused by Flasher6. If I remove Flasher6 the problem goes away. Hope this helps.

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Thanks Knorr, great build.

3dcreation

Ronaldvg
    Participant
    @ronaldvg

I have the same problem as someone before, the table starts and keeps giving one ball, then it kicks out in the left wireform and drains. Most of the times (after restart) the first ball will not be drained.

If I reset with F3 the balls stop coming but then I have the problem that it wants to locate balls. After NVRAM delete the same starts all over.

Sometimes when I press start twice (when pinballs are locating) the game wil start but the ball always goes inside the subway and stays there. No way to play.

I also tried the supplied nvram file, exactly the same thing happens.

Some more info: VPX 10.2.1 with all updates and workarounds to run Startrek LE which runs fine and also DOF enabled. Hope someone has a good idea, been trying now for some time ;-)

Table looks great btw, always amazed of what you guys can do.

chance
    Participant
    @wasbychance
    This reply has been set as private.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

If you went through all the steps I listed a few posts above, I have no idea.  I had the same issue you are having and that’s how I fixed it.  Good luck with it.  Hope you are able to get it ironed out.

Ronaldvg
    Participant
    @ronaldvg

@Drybonz: thanks for replying. Yes I did all steps numerous times (two hours at it now). I just was able to start a game by pressing B and then Enter (B and N does not work for me) and it played, but for instance when I choose Launch Probe, the ball wil not be delivered to the cannon as it should.

Very strange but nonetheless very excited for this table. I will figure it out !

wrd1972
    Participant
    @wrd1972
    MembervipContributor

I was continuing to have the ball jump off of the launch ramp due to my DOF. I ended up raising the physical walls on that launch ramp to 150 units high…had to be sure LOL. Seems to have resolved this time. But I will do some more testing.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Drybonz
    Participant
    @drybonz

when I choose Launch Probe, the ball wil not be delivered to the cannon as it should.

Sounds like you need to delete nvram again, but who knows…

JAA3rd
    Participant
    @jaa3rd

I have the same problem as someone before, the table starts and keeps giving one ball, then it kicks out in the left wireform and drains. Most of the times (after restart) the first ball will not be drained. If I reset with F3 the balls stop coming but then I have the problem that it wants to locate balls. After NVRAM delete the same starts all over. Sometimes when I press start twice (when pinballs are locating) the game wil start but the ball always goes inside the subway and stays there. No way to play. I also tried the supplied nvram file, exactly the same thing happens. Some more info: VPX 10.2.1 with all updates and workarounds to run Startrek LE which runs fine and also DOF enabled. Hope someone has a good idea, been trying now for some time ;-) Table looks great btw, always amazed of what you guys can do.

Same issue here.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Very strange. Make sure your running vpinmame as admin and of coarse vpinball.exe also as admin. I think in the setup.exe of vpinmame you have options as to where nvram files are so make sure they are in the folder it’s looking for and I also think there is option for allowing vpinmame to write make sure that’s enabled too. Must be something like that causing this not to work for you guys

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

ninuzzu
    Participant
    @ninuzzu
    vipMember

Amazing table guys!! Thanks

Really excited for this build.

Arngrim
    Participant
    @arngrim
    DOF MinisterMember

like the others said, table is gorgeous and plays damn well ;)

the only problem i have the sound of the rom is crackling when voices are played, it is not that noticeable on low volume but on normal volume i can’t miss it, i have the latest vpm 2.9, do you feel the same too?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW