Star Wars DE Graphics Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    delta6014
    Participant
      @delta6014

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=140114

This is a graphics mod of the fantastic Star Wars Data East Table. Thanks to DJRobX for allowing me to do this. Some will like it, some won’t. It unclutters the table so you can better see what you’re doing. I was encouraged to contribute no matter how big or small, so here it is. Hope you enjoy.

Total of 27 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Good to see that you’ve asked first and I think you described this mod perfectly in that some will love it and others won’t. I’m always happy to see people trying out the software beyond just playing so congratulations and keep going.

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

I am usually a strict “keep it original” but sometimes the original wasn’t done the best way and I think this mod is Great.  Thanks

Gwen
          Participant
            @gwen

I honestly always kind of thought the original DE artwork looked like somebody ate a bunch of Star Wars images and then barfed them onto the table…

This is much better!  :good:

Thanks!

Gwen
            - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

hoop22
            Participant
              @hoop22

Where does one find the stwr_a107 rom?

hoop22
              Participant
                @hoop22

Scratch that, I found it.  Thanks for the table!

Draifet
                Participant
                  @draifet

Nice mod. Just a suggestion for a fix, search the Light57 (X Wing), select it and change the Time Interval from 100 to 18.

Bye, I probably will never post on this forum (or in others) again.

Adolfo
                  Participant
                    @scorpion

Hello,

the table is fantastic, but I have a problem..I use desktop version, the table starts then after loading rom stops…I cannot see the rom display and cannot start a game… :unsure:

Gwen
                    Participant
                      @gwen

Adolfo – It sounds like you have the wrong rom selected in the table script. (or the wrong one installed, depending how you look at it)

If you open the table in VPX editor and open the script and search for “name” you will find the line that selects the ROM to use.  You can change the name to the one you have or install the one named int script.

Gwen
                      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Adolfo
                      Participant
                        @scorpion

dear Gwen,

I have selected the second rom in script and like I before written the program loads the rom that starts but I cannot see it in the screen and cannot start the game, very strange

Solved, changing  the rom, thanks

baalisan
                        Participant
                          @baalisan

Nice mod, thanks!

PS.  Looking for a 100% pure/original non-modded version, does anyone have one to share please?

bord
                            @bord
                            MembervipContributorModerator

@draifet, you leaving us?

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Nice mod, thanks!

PS.  Looking for a 100% pure/original non-modded version, does anyone have one to share please?

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/star-wars-data-east-1992-vpx/

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

baalisan
                              Participant
                                @baalisan

Nice mod, thanks!

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/star-wars-data-east-1992-vpx/

Thanks that one is very nice too but it’s modded.  It has different sidewalls, backwall, rails etc,  I am talking one that looks the same to the original factory/stock table please.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Those walls can be easily changed but maybe check pincab passion site? Link is at top of this website under external links.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                  for IOS and Android

bord
                                    @bord
                                    MembervipContributorModerator

If anyone has scanned stock resources for DE Star Wars would you shoot me a PM? I’d love to tinker on this game someday but not w/o improved resources.

baalisan
                                    Participant
                                      @baalisan

Those walls can be easily changed but maybe check pincab passion site? Link is at top of this website under external links.

Thanks.  Yeah I changed the sidewalls but the backwall is the problem and finding a 100% accurate image that can be used is not easy.  Also thanks yes I checked PP too but had no luck.  I am retarded and that site is a nightmare to navigate for me.  Anyway thanks again.

makmak
                                      Participant
                                        @makmak

way way better! Now I begin to like this table ;-) Thank you!!

timblo
                                        Participant
                                          @timblo

which ROM version do I need for this table – stwr_a107 rom ???

if so, where can I find this .. under google did not find it

kds70
                                          Participant
                                            @kds70

which ROM version do I need for this table – stwr_a107 rom ???

if so, where can I find this .. under google did not find it

Needs “stwr_104” – like the table script says :mail:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?