Star Wars DE PUP Pack

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    dgrace
    Participant
      @dgrace

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/star-wars-de-pup-pack/

May the force be with you. Who’s ready for some Star Wars? I actually had a lot more fun making this PUP than I originally anticipated. I decided to do a PUP from my favorite Star Wars episodes (4-6), so this table was perfect. The table is already fun by itself, so the videos and pupsounds make the experience that much more enjoyable. I hope you all enjoy. There are some parts of the table I couldn’t get to, even with manual ball control. LOL! So I imagine i’ll add more trigger videos later as I get better at this table.

PUP includes over a hundred videos and dozens of additional PUPSounds from episodes 4 – 6.

Here is a preview of the PUP Pack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0IgnDNZ84E

A lot of people to thank. A big thank you to Joey Beaulieu for his amazing pupoverlay image.

A big shout out David Deakin for helping with the backglass default, topper and DMD text videos.

And a big thanks to John Memeo many others who helped test and troubleshoot.

Color DMD files are also included. If you want to play PUP with the Star Wars DE MOD table, simply change the name of color dmd folder and PUPvideos folder from “stwr_104” to “stwr_107.”

Download includes 3 Screen Setup WITH DMD Cut Out; for those who have a real dmd AND want the dmd cut out pupoverlay with the DMD text videos.

Those of you with a 2 screen setup and who don’t want the dmdcut topper dmd videos; simply turn off topper screen #0 and topperdmd screen #14.

This PuPPack requires Pinup Popper and Pinup Player installed and updated to 1.4 or higher.

System: Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

Visual Pinball X 10.5 All in One or higher installed (this is to include newest B2S Server):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

PinMAME 3.2 beta or higher installed:

PINUP SYSTEM (1.4 or higher):

PinUP System 1.4 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs, for those who use another front-end)

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=upgrade_v14&fbclid=IwAR1akUUjVX7FFPwftfM5GfKvBwf3oxFxJskg5FGS3nrPBk2uIDQtsIaexPY

DMDEXT:

DMDExt 1.71 (32 bit/x86 files only!) or higher installed in your VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUPCapture!

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ “dmddevice.dll” file, and the Pinup Player “dmddevicePUP.dll” file in your VPinMAME folder. Also need freezy for the color dmd.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

PINMAME:

In the PinMAME settings for rom name (press F1 during gameplay):

– you must have “Use External DMD (DLL)” enabled. This will enable the freezy dmdext dmddevice.dll to be used, which is needed for PuPCapture.

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don’t get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure you delete any current “stwr_104” folder from your “PUPVideos”(if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack “stwr_104” folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder. Copy over trigger files if you have a different layout (i.e. no real/LCD DMD)

PROBLEMS:

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX…  you most likely don’t have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set “FPS Limiter/VSYNC” to 1, and “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table’s “User Customization” options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

Some videos may not be triggering,

If you don´t want to use Topper use another PuPconfig file that fits your System.

If the sounds to loud you can go to Puppackeditor screens Section and set the volume for screen 4 in percent (default is 100%)

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

Total of 30 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Data101
      Participant
        @data101

Looks fantastic. Will try it out today.

0Cool
        Participant
          @0cool

A great PUP pack! You added a lot a fun to this table with this pack. Thanks for sharing this beautiful work! :good:

DarthColejoy
          Participant
            @darthcolejoy

Thanks heaps for an awesome pup pack! I love this table and yuo have just made it the coolest thing to play.

Wonder if you can hekp with my music issue – I have renamed the old bs2 file so it doesnt load but I still have the original table music playing underneath your pupvideos and sounds. I am not sure how to turn it off?

1 user thanked author for this post.
            steelpower
            Participant
              @steelpower

thanks for this fabulous pup.

is it possible to leave behind the dmdtext the duration time of the intro?

quitar dmd

djscrubb
              Participant
                @djscrubb

Thank you good sir makes for much more enjoyable play

Gramps
                Participant
                  @gramps

Does DE mean Data East?  Everything comes up beautifully.  Opening videos play, sound and music great.  Only probably is, I can’t get the balls to load?  So I was wondering if I was using the wrong table – Star Wars Data East 1992 v 1.5.1.vpx

Spectrum1
                  Participant
                    @spectrum1

Hi Gramps, I had the same problem. Table and pup pack opened but no ball to launch. After some looking around I found that I needed the stwr_1.04 rom.  It can found at vpforums.org  Hope this helps :yes:

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator

I am using   — Star Wars Data East 1992 v 1.5.1.vpx  With stwr_107.zip
                      Some of the games have more than one rom
                      Some times you may have to have the otther roms for the game even though your only using a Pacific one for the game
                      Because some roms use information from other roms to run the game…

In my ROM’s Folder I have 4 Rom’s – I Believe if you are using stwr_107.zip you will need the stwr_104.zip in the rom folder
                      stwr_102.zip
                      stwr_103.zip
                      stwr_104.zip
                      stwr_107.zip

Zedixair
                      Participant
                        @zedixair

GREAT PUPPACK, thank you for the hard work !

:good: :good: :good:

Kinglui
                        Participant
                          @kinglui

Thanks, i love your work. :yahoo:

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

@dgrace – Nice Job on the Pup-Pack

force10wind
                            Participant
                              @force10wind

Excellent! Brings a new life to this table.

Thanks for sharing

Heinz

Gramps
                              Participant
                                @gramps

Thank you all.  As you all suggested, I hadn’t installed any rom files, duh….but I’m learning.  Because I’m new, I thought I could see if I could get away without a rom file because I was using a PuP Pack. Since I didn’t get any rom error messages when it started up, and since I was getting sound from the videos, I thought I didn’t need a rom file.

Obviously, the rom files do more than utter a few sentences and sounds.  I’ve been through all the install/setup mega instructions more times than I care to count…..and I think I learn something new every time…..but, evidently I still don’t know exactly what all a rom file really does?

Love this table

Thank you

elvinu
                                Participant
                                  @elvinu

Great work!!! The credits scroll at the beginning is cool.

Anyone getting a lot of slow down when the ball is in the bumper section?  It can get as slow as 10fps in that area after launching the ball.  I’ve got an Intel i7 9th Gen with a GTX 1660TI; I’m a single screen user.

I set my FPS Limiter/VSync to 1

I lowered my Elements Detail Level to a little less than half.

I’ve also tried the following with not much improvement:

4xAA (SSAA) to Off

Post-proc AA to Disabled

In-game AO to Off

ScSp. Reflect to Off

Ball Reflection to Off

Ball Trail/Motion Blur to Off

Anyone have any other suggestions?  Also seems to slow down a lot when a lot of lights are going off.

In other areas without a lot of lights flashing around, the Fps will be around 90 or 100.

TIA

ebor
                                  Participant
                                    @ebor

Great work ! :good:

bietekwiet
                                    Participant
                                      @bietekwiet

Is there a changelog of the updated version (4th August)?

I couldn’t find what has been updated.

mikemr2
                                      Participant
                                        @mikemr2

Thanks!

xphilou29
                                        Participant
                                          @xphilou29

excellent puppack! many thanks, this enhance the table a great deal!

DaAceman
                                          Participant
                                            @daaceman

Great PuP Pack for Star Wars! However playing this game as a Youngling, I kinda am a purist when I play this and would like to hear the original sounds and music while using this pup pack. Is there a way to change something in the pup pack or some other setting to use the original sounds and music with your pup pack enhancements? Again, great work and love the pup pack… just want the original sounds back. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?