Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    jayfrost
    Participant
      @jayfrost

Terry,  Thanks for the response.  I understand the issue, although I cannot find a solution.  It just occurs only on this table.  I run all of your other tables fine using Popper and my current script (pasted in previous post).

This table runs awesome when I launch it directly using FPLoader…

Im pulling my hair out for where Popper is looking for the FutureDMD.exe file when I dont have that issues with any other.

The hunt continues!!

Thanks for making such great content.  I truly appreciate all of your effort.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Star Wars: Death Star Assault – Epic Space Battles 1.1 – PinEvent

NOW AVAILABLE!

The wait is finally over. My EPIC PinEvent update to my EPIC Space Battles mod is now available!

It goes without saying…

• read the table download page’s Description completely!
        • read the table’s Install Instructions completely!
        • read the PinEvent Install Instructions completely!
        • EVERYONE needs to update to the new BAM 1.5-317 as this table is updated to use BAM’s new “real” spotlight flashers!
        • if using in VR, don’t forget to also update BAM Open VR to 1.5-317. If playing over Virtual Desktop – Wireless PC VR, this table may NOT run well. If so, then you may need to disable PUP Stream
        • note: for PUP Stream there is no Playfield Mini Screen, and there is no Right Apron Card. This is because there is no room for these because the holograms they use will render on top of everything and not look correct
        • there is still the Left Apron Card (which is positioned on the right).
        • if having problems read the above AGAIN, including the PinEvent Install Guide’s FAQ!

What else can I say… enjoy!

…and PLEASE post and share lots of pics and videos of gameplay in your cabinets. This is by far my biggest reward for doing this stuff!

This download page / topic his been updated to the Epic Space Battles 1.1 version and PinEvent version of the table. (they are the same table)

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/star-wars-death-star-assault-ultimate-pro-epic-space-battles-pinevent/

4 users thanked author for this post.
        outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Thank you for all your hard (Enjoyable) work
          I have no doubt this update will be fantastic
          Hopefully I will have time to try it out tomorrow

Daytona24
          Participant
            @daytona24

Been hyped for this for so long! Can’t wait to load it up tomorrow and give it a fly! The PinEVENT table collection is growing! Love it!

jason3731
            Participant
              @jason3731

Great Work Terry but have a little problem with my virtual dmd (option 0) not working properly….

Option 0 just isn’t working for me….Can’t see to see the grill and the score box (dmd) seems to only pop up every now and again? I have a 2 scr setup and usually run my virtual dmd on the backglass.  Any help Terry?

TerryRed
                @terryred

Great Work Terry but have a little problem with my virtual dmd (option 0) not working properly….

Option 0 just isn’t working for me….Can’t see to see the grill and the score box (dmd) seems to only pop up every now and again? I have a 2 scr setup and usually run my virtual dmd on the backglass. Any help Terry?

Yes, you are using the wrong PuP-Pack option.

If you have a 16×9 backglass monitor:

• you would use Option 3 FullDMD on BG (no grill image used), and you need your pupdmddrivertype = 2 in PinEvent_Settings.vbs

If you have an older 4×3 (1024×768) / 5×4 (1280×1024) monitor (square’ish):

• you would use Option 5 – All in One, and , and you need your pupdmddrivertype = 2 in PinEvent_Settings.vbs

You also should have the FP BG and Arcade mode disabled as per the PinEvent Guide

jason3731
                Participant
                  @jason3731

Option 0 just isn’t working for me….Can’t see to see the grill and the score box (dmd) seems to only pop up every now and again? I have a 2 scr setup and usually run my virtual dmd on the backglass. Any help Terry?

• you would use Option 3 FullDMD on BG (no grill image used), and you need your pupdmddrivertype = 2 in PinEvent_Settings.vbs

• you would use Option 5 – All in One, and , and you need your pupdmddrivertype = 2 in PinEvent_Settings.vbs

You also should have the FP BG and Arcade mode disabled as per the PinEvent Guide

Thanks Terry that worked perfect…..but then my other pinevent tables stopped showing the dmd all together….I looked at your Halloween thread and when your listing the options to click on if noticed this:

Option 3 – DMD on Backglass

PuPDMDDriverType = 0 (DMD 4:1)

now you just had me change the PuPDMDDriverType = 2 for the new star wars but that makes my other 3 tables stop working with my dmd on the backglass (1920×1080) ?  LOL any help… you’re way smarter than me so maybe you would know alot quicker than I would.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Terry

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Thanks Terry that worked perfect…..but then my other pinevent tables stopped showing the dmd all together….I looked at your Halloween thread and when your listing the options to click on if noticed this:

Option 3 – DMD on Backglass

PuPDMDDriverType = 0 (DMD 4:1)

now you just had me change the PuPDMDDriverType = 2 for the new star wars but that makes my other 3 tables stop working with my dmd on the backglass (1920×1080) ? LOL any help… you’re way smarter than me so maybe you would know alot quicker than I would. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Terry

Jaws and Halloween were made before PuP had a FullDMD dedicated screen and standard. So their “design” was different compared to the other tables, and why they have different pup-pack options.

So, what you need to do is use Custom PinEvent settings for “those” tables. You can use the same pup-pack options for Jaws and Halloween as you did before.

To use Custom settings, you need to edit each of those table’s PinEvent settings in the Table Script to “override” the defaults in Pinevent_Settings.vbs

Look for this section in the table script near the top:

‘#################### PinEvent – CUSTOM SETTINGS (for this table only) #####################

…and enable the custom settings, then make sure all the PinEvent options in that section only are correct for what you use (pup, dof,etc) and make sure your pupdmddrivertype matches what you need for that specific table and pup-pack option. for you for these table that would be = 0

The whole point of adding in the custom settings in the table script was for situations like this. Users who have a dedicated 3rd monitor / DMD don’t normally need this, but it’s there in case someone needs it for whatever reason.

F-14, Retroflair, Star Wars all have a FullDMD on BG option that also uses pupdmddrivertype = 2

nanuk
                    Participant
                      @nanuk

all new world just open to me never use pin event yet even less pup pack in a FP table will have to study that carefully i hope my rig can handle it thx for this

eathearty
                      Participant
                        @eathearty

Thank you all for this wonderful table looks fantastic what more can anyone say except again thank you all

Gramps
                        Participant
                          @gramps

Terry,  running 2 screen desktop with all the current updates – all VPX tables and pup packs run propertly – 99% of FP and DOFLinx tables run perfectly, PinEvent tables run perfectly until I run them with their respective pup packs.

I checked the adjustments you suggested to Jason and that did at least get the pup packs up and running on screen 2.

When loading this table it goes through it’s initiating phase beginning with Models (seems to take a few seconds to get past that) then moves on with the rest of the startup.  Then the table screen opens and the pup pack kicks on and looks great.

Unfortunately the table loading locks up on “Search for Models” and won’t go any further. Any suggestions?  By the way, I also tried running with all virus protection turned off. ~ thanks

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Terry, running 2 screen desktop with all the current updates – all VPX tables and pup packs run propertly – 99% of FP and DOFLinx tables run perfectly, PinEvent tables run perfectly until I run them with their respective pup packs.

I checked the adjustments you suggested to Jason and that did at least get the pup packs up and running on screen 2.

When loading this table it goes through it’s initiating phase beginning with Models (seems to take a few seconds to get past that) then moves on with the rest of the startup. Then the table screen opens and the pup pack kicks on and looks great.

Unfortunately the table loading locks up on “Search for Models” and won’t go any further. Any suggestions? By the way, I also tried running with all virus protection turned off. ~ thanks

Usually this means its something on you system like GPU drivers needing to be updated (or set right if they were changed at all), or something running in the background that interferes.

I’d download and install the latest gpu drivers and also be sure your FP settings are correct like I show in my Guide, then reboot. Star Wars DSA in particular uses a lot of new BAM features that need updated hardware drivers for GPU, motherboard and audio. Disable PUP Stream if you have that enabled to be sure it isnt causing a problem.

Always close FP completely each time you exit or try another table. If you had any kind of crash, you may need to reboot if the crash hung up your system some how.

I had problems getting this to run on my 12 year old laptop (with 4GB ram, and ATI Radeon 1 GB GPU) for testing at first (it showed white boxes, etc). All tables worked on this before (it’s what I use to test for Desktop users). Turns out my video settings were all wrong / reset in FP video settings. Once I set them to what they needed to be (like I show in my guide)… then this table ran perfectly fine on even an old laptop like that, thougb at 30 fps :) .

7x4x1z
                            Participant
                              @cookieraid

Terry, you’re on a whole other level. This cab looks beyond amazing! Can’t wait to give it a go.

Thank you for your awe-inspiring tables.

0Cool
                              Participant
                                @0cool

Best table so far!! You brought me back to Future Pinball, Terry. This is a great playing table and the SSF is really cool!! There is so much going on during a game, unbelievable looks and fun. Excellent job. Straight to my favorites! Thanks so much for all the hard work and sharing this gem. :good: :good: :good:

Blamer
                                Participant
                                  @blamer

Thanks for this pack Terry!
                                  SLAMT1LT and your work together with BAM (and a Kinect2 sensor) are the only reasons I play FP.

On my configuration (Option 3, full DMD on BG) I had to change the screens.pup settings in order to see the DMD because it was always hidden behind the Backglass Frame

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Thanks for this pack Terry!

SLAMT1LT and your work together with BAM (and a Kinect2 sensor) are the only reasons I play FP.

On my configuration (Option 3, full DMD on BG) I had to change the screens.pup settings in order to see the DMD because it was always hidden behind the Backglass Frame

Then you most likely still have your FP Backglass enabled which is obscuring something. (you want both the FP Backglass and Arcade Mode disabled for PinEvent tables only). Don’t use PuP-Packs on Top.

That PuP-Pack option already has the FullDMD set to ForceON, and the Backglass Frame set to ForceBack. This will have the PuP FullDMD stay on top of the Backglass Frame, like shown in the pics.

Full DMD on BG

Be sure you are using the correct option for your setup. FullDMD on BG should be used with a 16×9 backglass monitor. (and no 3rd DMD monitor or real DMD)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Albertodelsur
                                    Participant
                                      @albertodelsur

Thanks Terry. I love it!!

Daytona24
                                      Participant
                                        @daytona24

Absolutely amazing! Now I just have to learn how to properly play the table, can’t keep letting that Death Star win!

RegalBegal
                                        Participant
                                          @rgalbegal

HI Terry. Great work and thanks! I keep getting “Pinball meditation error. Script error: Line 10628 Varible is undefined: “DOF”. This is the only table that has this problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

HI Terry. Great work and thanks! I keep getting “Pinball meditation error. Script error: Line 10628 Varible is undefined: “DOF”. This is the only table that has this problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

What setup do you have? Are you using DOF? Desktop / cabinet / VR? Did you install the PinEvent vbs files? Did you follow the PinEvent FAQ procedure?

Do the other PinEvent tables work?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 135 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?