Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Mihos
    Participant
      @mihos

Fun table!

I had to update just about everything, which I needed to do anyway.

I do have a weird issue where sometimes my DMD doesn’t show up and I have to restart the table…. but that happens with all my FP tables using pupdmd.  (using a pindmdv3). It is only a mild annoyance since everything works fine after that.

RegalBegal
      Participant
        @rgalbegal

I’m running a cabinet with three screens and DOF.  VBS files are installed properly. Yes, I followed the PinEvent faq. BAM is current. Yes, other PinEvent tables work fine. The last version of DSA that worked for me was 1.04 DOFLinx MX. I had problems with non PinEvent ESB 1.06, couldn’t get DOF to work in that one. Maybe that could offer you some insight.

Thanks again.

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Fun table!

I had to update just about everything, which I needed to do anyway.

I do have a weird issue where sometimes my DMD doesn’t show up and I have to restart the table…. but that happens with all my FP tables using pupdmd. (using a pindmdv3). It is only a mild annoyance since everything works fine after that.

@mihos

Post your launch script
          After you post it, Then highlight it, Then go up to format pick code

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

I’m running a cabinet with three screens and DOF. VBS files are installed properly. Yes, I followed the PinEvent faq. BAM is current. Yes, other PinEvent tables work fine. The last version of DSA that worked for me was 1.04 DOFLinx MX. I had problems with non PinEvent ESB 1.06, couldn’t get DOF to work in that one. Thanks again.

@rgalbegal

PinEvent ESB 1.06 <– Did not come with DOF
            Did you down load the latest file from the DOF website?

Mihos
            Participant
              @mihos

if "[CUSTOM1]" == "PUP" (
              REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
              REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
              )

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 5 5 20 "Future Pinball"

rem This will load Future Pinball and your selected table using BAM (Better Arcade Mode).

START "" "[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe" /open "[GAMEFULLNAME]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

The pupdmd mirrors to the real dmd about 50% of the time the first time.

The registry stuff is just to disable the back glass on pup tables

UPDATE:

Not sure ‘what’ fixed it, but after reupdating a lot of stuff and messing around with my screen positions, it seems to be working for all my pup/FP tables

RegalBegal
              Participant
                @rgalbegal

Outhere,

All DOF files are current. I currently have about 450 tables, Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, FX3. Pup Packs & PinEvent. ESB is the only one not working properly.

Thanks

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

Outhere,

All DOF files are current. I currently have about 450 tables, Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, FX3. Pup Packs & PinEvent. ESB is the only one not working properly.

Thanks

Did you follow the PinEvent FAQ procedure? Try disabling all DOF and PUP options to narrow down the issue… and go from there. The problem isn’t necessarily DOF, but could be and admin / security / access issue.

Someone else on a FB group had this…but they fixed it on their own, and didn’t report their solution.

TerryRed
                    @terryred

if "[CUSTOM1]" == "PUP" (

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

)

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 5 5 20 "Future Pinball"

rem This will load Future Pinball and your selected table using BAM (Better Arcade Mode).

START "" "[DIREMU]\FPLoader.exe" /open "[GAMEFULLNAME]" /play /exit /arcaderender /STAYINRAM

The pupdmd mirrors to the real dmd about 50% of the time the first time.

The registry stuff is just to disable the back glass on pup tables

PinDMD3 seems to have problems with lots of things for whatever reason. Perhaps its a timing related problem and you need delays… or maybe another table isn’t closing down pupdmd correctly at times,etc.

You can always use a different FullDMD on BG option and just allow something else to display on the real DMD.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    pippo
                    Participant
                      @pippo

Hi Terry,

thank you for the table…

great job

please, i would like to know how i can remove the screen on top left of playfield

my pinball is with 3 monitors and i use the second option (full DMD, backglass)

Thank you very much.

Simon from Italy

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Hi Terry,

thank you for the table…

great job

please, i would like to know how i can remove the screen on top left of playfield

my pinball is with 3 monitors and i use the second option (full DMD, backglass)

Thank you very much.

Simon from Italy

You need to follow my FP and BAM mega guide for proper setup, and then you won’t get those appearing on any table…and you’ll also have proper FP video settings, and proper BAM settings for more than just this.

BAM menu – Addons – Hide Overlays – Always

AndyMcDandyCDN
                        Participant
                          @andymcdandycdn

Well I managed to get Jaws, Halloween and F-14 working but this one no go.  The table itself displays but without Vader and ships.  The backglass and dmd do not appear to be loading either.

I used F9 as suggested in an earlier post but nothing is showing up in the debug window.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Well I managed to get Jaws, Halloween and F-14 working but this one no go. The table itself displays but without Vader and ships. The backglass and dmd do not appear to be loading either.

I used F9 as suggested in an earlier post but nothing is showing up in the debug window.

Did you update to the latest BAM (1.5-317)? Did you follow the process in the PinEvent FAQ?

Make sure your GPU and audio drivers are updated manually (Windows will install crappy drivers).

AndyMcDandyCDN
                            Participant
                              @andymcdandycdn

Well I managed to get Jaws, Halloween and F-14 working but this one no go. The table itself displays but without Vader and ships. The backglass and dmd do not appear to be loading either.

Did you update to the latest BAM (1.5-317)? Did you follow the process in the PinEvent FAQ?

Make sure your GPU and audio drivers are updated manually (Windows will install crappy drivers).

Hello Terry, yes I did make sure everything was up to date in regards to BAM, PinUp System and PinEvent.

Didn’t occur to me that audio drivers would keep the backglass and dmd from showing so will check that out.  GPU I believe is on the latest driver but will double check that as well.

Thanks.

AndyMcDandyCDN
                              Participant
                                @andymcdandycdn

So I upgraded my video driver and everything else is up to date but this one table just wont display backglass or dmd.  Will try again in the morning.  At least the other FP tables are working.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

So I upgraded my video driver and everything else is up to date but this one table just wont display backglass or dmd. Will try again in the morning. At least the other FP tables are working.

Is the table running fine otherwise? Or is it crashing?

If you “launch” by pressing F9 (debugger) what does it show you?

stinkbug666
                                  Participant
                                    @stinkbug666

Gday Terry

Perfect table, Love it!!

Love yr work

I got everything working, but had a bit of a problem with the dmd.

Using option2

After going through the script and changing Yr screen 5 settings,,, to My screen 3.

It all worked. Just thought ide put that out there maybe someone else going through same thing..

But what i wanted to ask is ,, Is there anyway of adding topper video to this table?

Thanks

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Gday Terry

Perfect table, Love it!!

Love yr work

I got everything working, but had a bit of a problem with the dmd.

Using option2

After going through the script and changing Yr screen 5 settings,,, to My screen 3.

It all worked. Just thought ide put that out there maybe someone else going through same thing..

But what i wanted to ask is ,, Is there anyway of adding topper video to this table?

Thanks

You should not had needed to change anything in any pup-pack option. So either your pup displays are not setup correctly… or you are choosing the wrong pup-pack option for your setup (and matching pupdmddrivertype)

What setup do you have?

Toppers can be displayed through your front-end.

stinkbug666
                                      Participant
                                        @stinkbug666

Thanks for replying Terry

Im using Pinup Popper for front-end.

In my windows setup i have

Screen 1 PF

Screen 2 Backglass

Screen 3 Lcd dmd 16:9

Screen 4 Topper.. The one in yr youtube video.. VGA 1280×480 Lcd

I tested table through Bam all worked, solenoids all worked.

I have in popper screenconfig.bat Dmd Screen3 and Apron screen3

Is there meant to be a default topper vid?

Thanks

stinkbug666
                                        Participant
                                          @stinkbug666

I am also using 2 of these Comsol USB to DVI/HDMI/VGA Adaptor

For the Dmd and Topper

Pf and BG on Amd Rx580 8g

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

When you say “Screen 1, 2, 3” in reference for your monitors… that means nothing and will be different for everyone.

For PUP displays…. you needed to setup those correctly.

PUP displays are numbered

0 = Topper

1 = DMD

2 = Backglass

3 = playfield

4 = Music

5 = FullDMD

6 = GameSelect

Those are the pup displays you would need to position and size correctly for the correct TV / monitor… NOT to match the number shown in Windows Displays settings (as those number mean nothing and can change up anytime).

So again… it comes down to you needed to setup your pup Backglass on your Backglass monitor…. your pup Music and FullDMD are on your LCD DMD 16×9 monitor, and your Topper on your Topper monitor.

If you did that correctly and kept the proper aspect ratio of 16×9… then you only needed to set pupdmddrivertype = 2 and enable the pup options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs.

After that… you don’t need to change any settings for any PinEvent table anymore (these are global settings), since you have dedicated monitors for everything.

You shouldn’t need to touch anything else in any table script to make it all work correctly. Be default it’s all automatic.

You only needed to choose the correct pup-pack option for each table’s pup-pack.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 135 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?