Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    stinkbug666
    Participant
      @stinkbug666

OK I think i understand.

Thats done in pinup popper clicking the screen setup?

0 = Topper

1 = DMD

2 = Backglass

3 = playfield

4 = Music

5 – FullDMD

6 = GameSelect

Its getting late here in Oz

So might have to tackle this in the morning.

But it all works the way i have it setup,weird.

Backglass works ,Dmd works, Table plays fine.

But im still working out the SSF with new motherboard

I was just wondering if there was a topper?

So again… it comes down to you needed to setup your pup Backglass on your Backglass monitor…. your pup Music and FullDMD are on your LCD DMD 16×9 monitor.

This one confused me, been at it all day n Im stuffed

Im off to bed.

Thanks Terry

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

No… you do that with PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat, just like the PinEvent Install Guide told you to do…. and how they should be setup. Read through the Pinup layer Displays section in the PinEvent guide.

stinkbug666
        Participant
          @stinkbug666

Yes i did that in yr guide.

Using PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat

I have only tested in Bam.

I will have to add it to popper and see if i have a topper.

Just adding new motherboard

bietekwiet
          Participant
            @bietekwiet

Thank you for this wonderful creation.

I finally got the guts to step into Future Pinball/BAM/Pinevent but I am afraid it really tests my intelligence to the limit. Breath! :)

I experience an issue which is probably on the basic set up level of FP.

When launching I get “Pinball Meditation Error. Script error: Line 10628. Variable is undefined “Beacon1Ext””.

Any idea where I am going in the wrong?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

@bietekwiet
              Read this post everything you need to know is in there or a link to get you going
              https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38170&p=381730

AndyMcDandyCDN
              Participant
                @andymcdandycdn

Is the table running fine otherwise? Or is it crashing?

If you “launch” by pressing F9 (debugger) what does it show you?

Morning Terry,

Yes the table itself appears to be running just fine.  No messages showing up in the debug window.  It is just the backglass, dmd and of course the table animations like the star ships and dancing Vader not showing.  Music and sounds appear to be just fine as well.

Pups, blackglass and dmd are working fine for Jaws, F-14 and the others but this Star Wars table, just a blank screen on blackglass and dmd.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Is the table running fine otherwise? Or is it crashing?

If you “launch” by pressing F9 (debugger) what does it show you?

Morning Terry,

Yes the table itself appears to be running just fine. No messages showing up in the debug window. It is just the backglass, dmd and of course the table animations like the star ships and dancing Vader not showing. Music and sounds appear to be just fine as well.

Pups, blackglass and dmd are working fine for Jaws, F-14 and the others but this Star Wars table, just a blank screen on blackglass and dmd.

Did you download the NEW PinEvent table, and are you sure you are using that one? If you are using the new table and it ran ok… then DEBUGGER would be saying lots of things, whereas the old non-PinEvent table would say nothing and not use PUP or DOF (as it didnt have that yet).

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Thank you for this wonderful creation.

I finally got the guts to step into Future Pinball/BAM/Pinevent but I am afraid it really tests my intelligence to the limit. Breath! :)

I experience an issue which is probably on the basic set up level of FP.

When launching I get “Pinball Meditation Error. Script error: Line 10628. Variable is undefined “Beacon1Ext””.

Any idea where I am going in the wrong?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Did you follow this guide FIRST to get FP and BAM properly setup and to understand how you are supposed to run Future Pinball using BAM??

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/future-pinball-and-bam-mega-guide-by-terryred/

Are you running FPLoader.exe (BAM) to load and play tables? It seems like you may be clicking on the FP icon or clicking on a table file which does NOT load using BAM.

Do NOT use FuturePinbal.exe to load and play tables! Only use FPLoader.exe to load and play tables.

You may need to run FPLoader.exe as administrator depending on your system security settings.

AndyMcDandyCDN
                    Participant
                      @andymcdandycdn

Did you download the NEW PinEvent table, and are you sure you are using that one? If you are using the new table and it ran ok… then DEBUGGER would be saying lots of things, whereas the old non-PinEvent table would say nothing and not use PUP or DOF (as it didnt have that yet).

[facepalm]  I am such an idiot.  I was indeed loading the wrong one.  Ugh!  I’m going to create a different folder for the PinEvent tables so I don’t make this mistake again.

Thanks Terry.  Keep up the great work.

bietekwiet
                      Participant
                        @bietekwiet

Thank you Terry,
                        running FPloader.exe as an administrator fixes it! Great tip.

The table is running well as supposed to.

I have two questions left if I may:
                        – Performance: My GTX 1050ti system seems low and there is stutter. Any quality settings I could alter without breaking the table visuals?
                        – Separation of backglass/ table sounds: In VPX I could easily separate both by assigning a different sound source for the mechanical table sounds. I am not able to do this in BAM/Pinevent/PinupPlayer.
                        I am using a simple stereo second sound source that drives 2 exciters and a bass puck for vibration feedback (no DOF toys). This (mechanical) sound source is through HDMI of a monitor (no dedicated surround card).I saw mentioning of a Pinup Player(Nailbuster) beta second-sound-source solution but I am hesitant to use it as it might break my current VPX setup.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Thank you Terry,

running FPloader.exe as an administrator fixes it! Great tip.

The table is running well as supposed to.

I have two questions left if I may:

– Performance: My GTX 1050ti system seems low and there is stutter. Any quality settings I could alter without breaking the table visuals?

– Separation of backglass/ table sounds: In VPX I could easily separate both by assigning a different sound source for the mechanical table sounds. I am not able to do this in BAM/Pinevent/PinupPlayer.

I am using a simple stereo second sound source that drives 2 exciters and a bass puck for vibration feedback (no DOF toys). This (mechanical) sound source is through HDMI of a monitor (no dedicated surround card).I saw mentioning of a Pinup Player(Nailbuster) beta second-sound-source solution but I am hesitant to use it as it might break my current VPX setup.

GTX 1050Ti may be a little low for SW DSA PE with all maxed out visuals. You can try disabling the reflection options in Videos Settings.

FP only supports stereo sound (its 12 years old), so you can’t assign any sounds to another channel or device in FP itself.

Using a 2nd audio device in Pup won’t change anything with your Windows sound or VPX settings. It just will use the device ID you set for pup SSF sounds… nothing more. So far it’s worked well. Just keep in mind if your sound devices change ID’s or more devices are added, it could change the device pup ssf is using.

PinEvent are the only SSF FP tables, unless someone wants to use DOFLinx to do similar, but it won’t have ball rolling sounds.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          AndyMcDandyCDN
                          Participant
                            @andymcdandycdn

I am using a GTX 770 and this table appeared to run just fine.

Terry, do you have all your instructions in a DOC or PDF that I could download?  I would like to print them out for easy reference in the future.

TerryRed
                              @terryred

I am using a GTX 770 and this table appeared to run just fine.

Terry, do you have all your instructions in a DOC or PDF that I could download? I would like to print them out for easy reference in the future.

Nothing like that yet, no. Just here on VPinball.

Gramps
                              Participant
                                @gramps

Still trying to get this beautiful table to run.  Running desktop 2 screen (this is the only table that doesn’t run) I’ve made sure that I have all the latest versions running.  Made sure all my computer drivers are current.  Tried running FPLoader as admin and not.  In my desktop Profile 1 in PinEvent_settings.vbs, I have everything set to true except UsePUP_Stream tream” activated. I’ve run it with and without virus protection.

When loading, I get past the initial start up screen. The PuP Pack screens start up on my second screen with video running.  At some point during the loading, it stops on “Loading Models”.  I keep hitting escape and it exits the loading screen but the PuP Packs remain running.  I have to go into Windows Task Manager to “end task”  The task running is “PinUpDisplay (32 bit) (3)”.  CPU % runs 10% to 13% and memory usage drops 3 points to 43%…..have 16 gig ram.

I did finally start with F9 and this is what I got:

PinEvent 1.4 by TerrRed:June 2020 — PinEvent_Variables.vbs 1.4 loaded — Arcade/Cabinet Mode — PinEvent_Settings.vbs 1.4 loaded — PinEvent – Cabinet Profile — PUPDMD Default = 2 FULL DMD — PinEvent_Control.vbs 1.4 loaded — Start DOF — Start PUP — PinEvent_PuPDMD.bbs 1.4 loaded and that’s where it stops.

If I was having the problem with all the other tables, I imagine it would be easier but it’s only this table

Going to change my screen name to “Going Crazy Gramps” :) – I’ve gone over the guides many times.  I’ve missed something !

Anymore suggestions Terry?  Thank you.

bietekwiet
                                Participant
                                  @bietekwiet

I have managed to get my two sound sources working (one for backglass sound/music and 1 for mechanical PUP-SSF sounds = exciters and bass puck in my case) by adding the 2 lines in the PinupPlayer.ini as suggested here: https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_other.

One remaining issue: I have to run FPloader.exe as Adminstrator for the table to run properly. It works well loading it from Explorer, but when launching the table from the PinupPopper frontend it doesn’t launch properly as it cannot automatically click “yes” on the User Account Control Pop Up window. So I can only launch the table from Windows Explorer.
                                  Any way around this?

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

I have managed to get my two sound sources working (one for backglass sound/music and 1 for mechanical PUP-SSF sounds = exciters and bass puck in my case) by adding the 2 lines in the PinupPlayer.ini as suggested here: https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_other.

One remaining issue: I have to run FPloader.exe as Adminstrator for the table to run properly. It works well loading it from Explorer, but hen launching the table from PinupPopper it doesn’t launch properly as it cannot automatically click “yes” on the User Account Control Pop Up window. So I can only launch the table from Windows Explorer.

Any way around this?

Reduce your UAC level.

bietekwiet
                                    Participant
                                      @bietekwiet

Thank you Terry, your help is golden.
                                      I have everything now fully working including my 2.1 Sound Feedback (volume is low but with the use of PinVOL I was able to crank it up slightly).

When setting up for Pinuppopper I ran in an issue when copying over the Launch script settings as explained in https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-pup-stream-for-future-pinball/#bbpress.
                                      It introduced all kinds of unexpected issues like it would enable the FP backglass + Arcade option while I disabled it in FPloader and it also tries to open FutureDMD which I have not installed. The table would run without the Pinup Overlays and out of focus.

So I deleted all those lines again and just kept the bare minimum lines that load BAM and the table. Than it all works fine.

But now I am afraid that when I try another Pinevent table in the future I will run into trouble.
                                      Any suggestion perhaps on what lines I include so the Pinup popper launch script will work for all (future) tables?

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Thank you Terry, your help is golden.

I have everything now fully working including my 2.1 Sound Feedback (volume is low but with the use of PinVOL I was able to crank it up slightly).

When setting up for Pinuppopper I ran in an issue when copying over the Launch script settings as explained in https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-pup-stream-for-future-pinball/#bbpress.

It introduced all kinds of unexpected issues like it would enable the FP backglass + Arcade option while I disabled it in FPloader and it also tries to open FutureDMD which I have not installed. The table would run without the Pinup Overlays and out of focus.

So I deleted all those lines again and just kept the bare minimum lines that load BAM and the table. Than it all works fine.

But now I am afraid that when I try another Pinevent table in the future I will run into trouble.

Any suggestion perhaps on what lines I include so the Pinup popper launch script will work for all (future) tables?

The script you copied over were “examples” I use in “my” setup as noted in the instructions. It also says that you may need to change it for “your” specific setup.

What was there works perfect, if used correctly in combination with Games Manager in Popper (in the examples I showed in the pics,etc)… as well as making sure any paths / directories are the same as what you use.

You need to understand what it is you are copying into Popper (it was explained what everything is doing in the examples) as well you need to get a basic understanding of BATCH script commands and how I’m using them in my examples. What you need for your setup may differ.

Also, you need to be sure you are copying the text correctly and not making mistakes, etc.

bietekwiet
                                        Participant
                                          @bietekwiet

Thanks, Terry, got it!

I have no script or code experience at all (besides a slice of Turbo Pascal back in stone age :)) so I’ll get to it to get more understanding. Might make a good tutorial video?

The table is really wonderful!

I love the two different story modes, the Pup graphics, sound integration and the wonderful graphics.

The more I play it, the more I enjoy the depth to the rules. Really a fun table .

And who doesn’t have a smile on their face when loading up the table and see Darth Vader do his dance :).

Fantastic work !

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

To anyone having problems… PLEASE don’t just update BAM using the installer.

“Update” using the zip file…and do so for both BAM and BAM Open VR (for those using VR).

Then… make sure you check the actual BAM version using the BAM menu while in a table. It’s normally in the bottom right of the normal BAM menu (but does NOT show up if you are using the “small” bam menu).

If you are doing a fresh install of BAM… be sure you check the version, as you may still need to update using the zip afterward.

Some people have not been installing the latest PinEvent 1.4 vbs files (they were on old versions), and some aren’t properly updating BAM.

I have no doubt some people may have issues with this specific table crashing (a small amount it seems)… but please take the time to read install instructions, and ensure you are properly updated. I know there have been a lot of updates from BAM, PinEvent, PuP, and tables and pup-packs lately….but if you want the cutting edge tables with features you won’t find anywhere else… you need to ensure PinEvent, BAM, PuP, table files and pup-pack are ALL up to date!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 135 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?