Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    scampa123
    Participant
      @scampa123

“Up to you how you want to set all of that. Myself, I don’t use Defender / anti-virus / uac at all and don’t need to run as admin…. but not everyone wants to do that.”

Do you use something else or simply turn off via group policy??

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

“Up to you how you want to set all of that. Myself, I don’t use Defender / anti-virus / uac at all and don’t need to run as admin…. but not everyone wants to do that.”

Do you use something else or simply turn off via group policy??

I’m still on Win 10 – 1909. :)

I’ll leave it up to you to determine how you want to do that, or what actually works with new Win 10 updates.

MalwareBytes seems to run fine for an AV that doesn’t (yet) cause problems like Defender did (the problem is AMSI).

1 user thanked author for this post.
        scampa123
        Participant
          @scampa123

Do you just add exceptions in your Malwarebytes or are you turning off Malwarebytes Real-time Protection services: Web, Protection, Ransomeware and Exploit?

Thanks again! (and again.!)

scampa123
          Participant
            @scampa123

Do you just add exceptions in your Malwarebytes or are you turning off Malwarebytes Real-time Protection services: Web, Protection, Ransomeware and Exploit?

Thanks again! (and again.!)

BTW..I installed Malwarebytes and excluded my folders and was able to run Star Wars (outside of Pinup) fine.  I tried to run Halloween Bloody Mike and it crashed.  I turned off DOF, PuPDMD, PuPStream in my .vbs script and it worked.  I re-added the entries, trying each and it seems I need to disable PuPStream for this table to get it to play for me….

So I either find a way to get PuPStream to work for this table or else I disable PuP Stream for this table using the Custom settings and changing the script to for the PinEvent_Profile….at least it is narrowed down to this table for the moment.  I also noticed in your script a mention of deleting DMD image lists if custom DMD is causing crash (not sure where the image list is? Pup?). I’ll have to try others later as well as launching via Pinup Popper…

**I did try to see if there was a way to disable the MB GPU but I didn’t see anything in the bios to do this. I’m still looking into this..

Thanks again!

scampa123
            Participant
              @scampa123

I wanted to close the loop on this thread regarding my issues.

I found I was having issues with PUP Stream due to my DMD monitor.  The resolution was to turn off the PUP Stream setting for the FULLDMD towards the bottom of the settings vbs file.  This allowed me to get most of the PUP Stream capabilities (not turning it off completely), while not having my tables crash.

Thanks to all who took the time to review my messages and especially @TerryRed for his support across the many places I posted (one of which he recommended) in helping me to get to the bottom of my issues!

Shamous
              Participant
                @shamous

This looks awesome I cant wait to get it installed and check it out

jamosb
                Participant
                  @jamosb

Installs with my new 3rd monitor and works great but am I correct that the videos only play on the full dmd and not the backglass using option 2 (In Jaws you have the videos play on backglass and display the dmd only on the full dmd, which i love). Any way to get the videos to play on the backglass instead of the full dmd?

thanks,

Jamos

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Installs with my new 3rd monitor and works great but am I correct that the videos only play on the full dmd and not the backglass using option 2 (In Jaws you have the videos play on backglass and display the dmd only on the full dmd, which i love). Any way to get the videos to play on the backglass instead of the full dmd?

thanks,

Jamos

Yes, Jaws is the only PE table so far that has videos on both (since it was created partially before FullDMD was even a thing).

TerryRed
                      @terryred

No updates to the table or PuP-Pack… just sad that I feel the need to add this to the download:

Disclaimer and Terms of Usage of PinEvent:

I have made PinEvent and my PinEvent tables so they can be shared and enjoyed by the entire virtual pinball community.

I have created the PinEvent vbs files / code and all my PinEvent tables / mods in a way so they will work in ALL setups. This includes desktop, vr, and ALL cabinet setups which will include 3 screen / 2 screen / real DMD, etc.

There is no need or reason to edit or mod any PinEvent table (except for custom PinEvent settings), or a need to edit the pup-packs in order to get them to work on ANY setup and have them work as intended by myself and the “correct” way.

I have no problem with anyone changing or modding my tables / pup-packs for “personal” use.

I DO NOT authorize anyone to distribute any of my PinEvent tables / mods / pup-packs or the PinEvent vbs files or code, or distribute any mod of such, for any reason on any site / group / share of any sort, unless I have given permission to do so.

You can use portions of PinEvent code (in relation to adding DOF and PUP working) on your own FP table in the table script… but do not use the PinEvent specific code on any table.

Please do not use the name PinEvent in reference to any other table or code, or in relation to adding DOF or PUP to a FP table.

If you have downloaded anything to do with PinEvent from another site or location that I have not posted myself… or are using a modded version, then you are not using proper PinEvent tables / software / pup-packs.

I will NOT give support to anything except for the PinEvent vbs files / tables / pup-packs I myself have posted on this site.

PinEvent represents my own personal work and standard that I have worked very hard to create… and also “support”.

All I ask is that you get it from the source where I have posted it. Doing so will ensure it will always work as intended with any updates to PinEvent or the tables / pup-packs I create (which are often)… as well as any changes I have made to ensure compatibility with new updates / features from BAM.

If you do download and play a PinEvent table from here… PLEASE give feedback on THIS site’s forum… and even better post videos of it in your cabinet. It’s the only way I can ever know if people enjoy what I create… or if I need to make any fixes.

Thank you.

TerryRed

3 users thanked author for this post.
                      DeathInc
                      Participant
                        @deathincclan

Hey Terry

Nice job on the table.  I do have one issue I cant put my finger on.  I have a giant white box on the left hand side of the playfield and one on the right hand side of the apron.  When the table starts the apron one clears up and show dmd.  The other never goes away.  All the other update from today work great. (Except for the right apron showing the upper right of the table)  But Star wars is not playable.

Hopefully I am doing something stupid.

Everything is updates v1.5-325, Pin Event 1.4, Pup Player 1.45.

Thanks for your help.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Hey Terry

Nice job on the table. I do have one issue I cant put my finger on. I have a giant white box on the left hand side of the playfield and one on the right hand side of the apron. When the table starts the apron one clears up and show dmd. The other never goes away. All the other update from today work great. (Except for the right apron showing the upper right of the table) But Star wars is not playable.

Hopefully I am doing something stupid.

Everything is updates v1.5-325, Pin Event 1.4, Pup Player 1.45.

Thanks for your help.

Be sure you have PUPStream disabled… and your FP settings are like what I show in my FP and BAM MEga Guide.

Always be sure you completely close FP after exiting a table or reloading a table.

No changes to the table today… just the updated Disclaimer about using PinEvent tables….but the site shows any change the the descriptions as an update.

cgg7777
                          Participant
                            @cgg7777

mini playfield line 10628 error anyone? I note it says ‘not used’ in the documentation.

DMD etc all look good .

TerryRed
                              @terryred

mini playfield line 10628 error anyone? I note it says ‘not used’ in the documentation.

DMD etc all look good .

This table uses over a dozen of mini playfields for many things. What you are talking about is not the same thing.

Be sure you are updated to the latest BAM, you are using the settings for FP and BAM as shown / setup in my FP and BAM Mega guide… and be sure you are only using FPLoader.exe (BAM) to load and play the table. You may need to run FPLoader.exe as Admin. Always completely close FP after exiting a table or loading another table.

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

@terryred , just reinstalled FP and Pinevent.  all in one guide was great.

i had a bunh of other questions that i answered by reading.. this is the last one. i have my fire button, vpx lockbarkey, set in vpx to be a fire button and launch.  for FP, it seems that it can only be 1.  i have it set to special 1 and it works, but table that have a ball launch instead of plunger dont for launch.  any suggestions

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Tom.
                                TerryRed
                                  @terryred

If you are wanting your FIRE button to also act as a Launch button… you will need to change that in the table script if the table didn’t support it.

FP doesn’t use roms… so it comes down to how the author created the table.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?