Star Wars – Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) Sound Mod v1.2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

Star Wars – Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) Sound Mod v1.8

I first would like to thank 32assassin for giving me permission to make this sound mod. I would also like to thank him for making a great table!! I also would like to thank everyone who contributed to this table including, Artwork by Francisco7666, and DOF by Arngrim!!
      They put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this mod, I would encourage you to thank the original author of the table, as I have only made a few changes!
      Original Table…
      http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11797

I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for teaching me how to add timers to script.

I also would like to thank DJRobX, STAT, Gtxjoe, and nFozzy, for helping me shorten my StopSounds and PlaySounds script commands.
      (They each wrote out an example, and between them all, I was able to figure it out!! BIG THANKS!!!)

I also would like to thank Steve “Slydog43” for which these VPX mods would not be possible!!

Version 1.7
      Removed DOF call from script for Bumpers 5 and 6 so they are like 32assassin had them originally.
      Removed upper outside rollover lane dividers as the original table did not have them.
      Added timer to start up music so there is an attract mode sequence started at table start.
      Added Sub for sound effect on Ball Release to plunger.
      Added “coin” sound effect to insert coin key 5.
      Added StopSounds Sub to cut down size of script.
      Added 10 more voice sound effects triggered by coin insert, Player1 Start, and 2 upper Kickers.
      Added 1 more background music sound effect that plays during ball in play, triggered by plunger pull.

Version 1.6
      Fixed right flipper advancing upper Starship Lanes lights.

Version 1.5
      Fixed drop targets so they reset properly. They were mistakenly set to the wrong solenoid callback number.

Version 1.4

Lowered hit height physics from 35 to 27 on all rubbers.(Big thanks to Thalamus for this info!!)

Fixed ball from getting stuck in lower right inlane after changing from 35 to 27, by moving the right sling over to left the least amount I could.

Fixed ball getting stuck on top of upper right rollover divider that I added in v1.3, by raising it to same level as divider next to it, and then making small transparent wall to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Removed script that I added to make insert coin key 5. Added new script that BorgDog showed me that will allow for both 3 and 5 keys to work for inserting credits. (Big thanks BorgDog!!)

Removed Darth Vader breathing sound effect from 2 upper kickers, and replaced with Yoda saying “Help you I can.” (Hear enough of the Darth breathing on side drains!!)

Added random voice sound effects between attract mode background music sound effects.

Version 1.3

Added lane dividers to sides of upper rollovers.(They seemed to be missing and allowed for rollover to not be hit when ball traveled through outer lanes.)
      I just copied and pasted the same dividers that were already made for inner upper rollovers.

Version 1.2

I added script command so the 5 key works as insert coin. (No need to modify VPMkeys.vbs or Hankin.vbs)
      If you want the insert coin key to be 3, just comment out Line 13 in table script or delete it.

I changed name of upper rollovers on right side to sw14 and sw15. The outside lane was mistakenly named sw14, instead of sw15, and inside lane was named TopRollover, instead of sw14.

I added FlipperUP and FlipperDown sounds from GIJOE table.

I added soundFX script to bottom 2 bumpers. I just copied the end of script that was on the other 4 bumpers.

I added 12 background music sound effects, 17 drain voice sound effects, 9 coin voice sound effects, and 26 other sound effects triggered by events.(All from Empire Strikes Back movie.)

The top center target plays 1 of 3 ship flyby sound effects, X-Wing, Millenium Falcon, and a Tie Fighter.

I added script command that shuts off the rom sound at table start, and turns it back on with table exit.
      (If you want the original rom sounds on, download the original table. THIS IS A SOUND MOD!!)

Place contents of music folder in your music folder located where you installed Visual Pinball Program.

All pics, trademarks, Logos and sounds belong to their respectful owners. This table is for personal home, and non-commercial use only. This table should be used for educational purposes only..

Hope you enjoy!!

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Sven34
      Participant
        @sven34

Thank you very much Xenonph and 32assassin for this beautiful  Star Wars Tabel  :yahoo:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        misfit
        Participant
          @edavis

Sounds are great, but running into weird issue when the table starts up. Pressing any of the coin buttons does nothing. The resulting sound clips are played but no credits are added. Am I missing something?

xenonph
          Participant
            @xenonph
            MemberContributor

This table can have a mind of its own sometimes.

I wrote script to change coin insert to key 5.

I think it will only let 5 be the insert coin key.

You can either delete Line 13 in the table script, or use the 5 key to insert coin.

Also you can hit F6 when table is loaded for more rom options. I think default is 5 credit max.

Also try restarting table as sometimes tables can have weird behaviour when first played on system, and they will tend to not run correctly.

Let me know if this is working for you.

Mark70
            Participant
              @mark70

Great sounds which fits very well to the corresponding action!
              Thanks

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

I’m just curious – but what would happen in you change the keycode ‘5’ to ‘AddCreditKey’ ?

And I must say Xenonph. This table originally has an awful sounds, and I didn’t expect such a positive change.

I don’t see you mentioning it, but, you did move the right in-lane a bit too didn’t you ?

Very nice. Thank you.

xenonph
                Participant
                  @xenonph
                  MemberContributor

Are you talking about the lower right inlane?

I only copy and pasted the 2 upper outer rollover lane dividers. You can download original table to see exactly what I changed, but I am pretty sure that is the only thing I changed on playfield. I did notice that lower right inner rollover had weird behaviour sometimes. Like the ball almost sticks and then moves real quickly out. I am pretty sure if that is the area you are talking about, it is the same on original table. 32assassin did say that this was a beta table in his support topic.

EDIT:

I do remember trying to check the rubber hit height on the right sling to see if it was in that zone that you explained to me on the GIJOE table. I think it was set to 35. But I never changed it and saved table.

I didn’t want to mess with it because after trying to set to hit height of 25, the ball actually got stuck in that lower right inlane.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

I believe I downloaded his latest update and I managed to get a stuck ball on the right inlane yes. When I tried yours, it didn’t happen.

Kind of weird if you didn’t change anything.

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

This table has a mind of its own!!

I was able to get ball stuck on very tip of both outlane wires!! One time on each side. (Balancing act.)

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Really cool if you made a Fix for sw14 – and sw15, this is/was wrong at the 32A Table ?

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Sounds like it Stat. Not long time since he also made JP aware of such a fault in his Rolling Stones.

sifusun
                          Participant
                            @sifusun

Nice sound mod, thx!!! B-)

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

Yes, when I started adding sounds to upper rollovers, I noticed when the ball travelled through the upper right rollover, the light for inner rollover lane lit up. And the outside lane light never did light up or vice versa. So I knew that the light was for inner rollover.

I really love working on these tables!!

This is what I was born to do!!

I may not be an expert yet. But I am learning new stuff everyday, and I am only going to get better at this!!

Thank you all for the compliments.

Keep on Pinballin’

misfit
                              Participant
                                @edavis

This table can have a mind of its own sometimes. I wrote script to change coin insert to key 5. I think it will only let 5 be the insert coin key. You can either delete Line 13 in the table script, or use the 5 key to insert coin. Also you can hit F6 when table is loaded for more rom options. I think default is 5 credit max. Also try restarting table as sometimes tables can have weird behaviour when first played on system, and they will tend to not run correctly. Let me know if this is working for you.

Thanks xenonph. Commenting out that line in the script did the trick!

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

I only added that to the script because I saw alot of people in the original tables support topic, complaining about the table not being set to 5 and many asked how to change insert coin to the 5 key. Otherwise, I would have never added it.

I have seen similiar comments in other tables that use the 3 key for coin insert.

Should I just comment that line out when I update this table with more sound effects?

Is this Line having to be commented out by everybody who has dowloaded table?

Maybe I should have just left it on 3.

Sorry for any problems it caused you Sir.

Glad it works for you now.

Hope you like it.

Have a great weekend!!

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I  missed my vpmkeys.vbs so everything is 5 :) best way to do it I think

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

BorgDog
                                    Participant
                                      @borgdog
                                      MemberContributorvip

I missed my vpmkeys.vbs so everything is 5 :) best way to do it I think

Yeah, until you update your system and it overwrites your changes.   :cry:

xenonph,

I’m far from an expert on vpm tables, but the way I handle that on my Gottlieb system 1 tables is put the following in the keydown section of the script:

If keycode=AddCreditKey then vpmTimer.pulseSW (swCoin1)

I also usually put a coin sound there along with it, but that’s the part that does the work.  I would think it would work on your table as well, and not cause any key issues since it uses the AddCreditKey instead of hard coding…. or I just thought of you can just change your line 13 to be:

keyInsertCoin1 = AddCreditKey

and that works as well.

xenonph
                                      Participant
                                        @xenonph
                                        MemberContributor

This worked perfectly for both the 3 and 5 key!!

If keycode=AddCreditKey then vpmTimer.pulseSW (swCoin1)

Thank you so much!!

I will include in the update coming soon.

Do I need to adjust the Hit Height of the Rubbers physics on this table? They are all set at 35 on this table. I only ask this because I had a ball stick to top of sling as if a magnet was holding it to sling, and slowly released it into inlane. Should I just modify the sling rubbers to hit height of 27 in physics? Or is 35 a widely used hit height on table rubbers physics?

Thanks again for the info!!

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

I would

http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/rubber-height-and-slings/

xenonph
                                          Participant
                                            @xenonph
                                            MemberContributor

So you would set them at 27?

This is the physics hit height correct?

I set the whole rubber collection to 27. Seems to work fine so far. Ball hasn’t stuck to top of slings yet.

I did have to move the right sling over just a hair, so that the ball no longer sticks in right lower inlane. When  I set to 27, it started sticking there.

Thanks again for the info Thalamus!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?