Star Wars – Empire Strikes Back, The (Hankin 1980) Sound Mod v1.8

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

Well great news!!! DJRobX showed me example of script command for placement of flashers!!

Huge thanks Rob!!

I have moved all the FS view pics to the top of the table.

Just need to add script option to turn pics off or on. Users choice.

I think I will add it to magnasave button.

here are some example pics of what the new FS version looks like…

Capture-4

Capture2-3

Capture4-1

Capture3-1

I appreciate the FS POV numbers Hauntfreaks!!

And the script command for flasher placement DJRobX!!

And all the feedback Thalamus and all!!!

I may add a few more things before uploading.

I learn something new everyday with this pinball stuff!!

I LOVE IT!!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      vogliadicane
      Participant
        @vogliadicane

The idea of characters appearing at the back of the table is pretty cool! :good:

xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

I am so glad that Thalamus pushed me out of my comfort zone!!

Otherwise you never learn anything new!! So thank you Thalamus!!

So I have added pics that pop up corresponding to certain voice sound effects as you know.

Well I have added option at top of script to turn off pics. (Pics are on by default.) 1=on 0=off

Or you can use the magna-save keys to toggle pics on or off.

L-Magna-Save key turns pics off. R-Magna-Save key turns pics on.

(Not so easy for a beginner to accomplish!!)

Also added StormTrooper Bumpercaps. (What do you think of these Bumper Caps?)

Here is pic with StormTrooper Bumpercaps not lit..

Capture4

And during game when lit..

Capture2

I may add other Star Wars characters for bumpercaps that can be chosen with keypress or such, if this is something everyone will like?? Or should I just leave them bumpercaps alone?

I also plan on adding ambient blue light under the apron.

I also will be adding a few more pics to be displayed with sound effect.

What do you think??

Every time I think I am done and ready to upload, I start thinking of something else to add to table!!

Getting back to work on this!! Hopefully done tonight or tomorrow!!

Hope everyone had a great New Years!!

Let me know what you think!!!

Thank you for your time.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Now we’re talking. Very happy to see that you bit the teeth together and even more to see that you’ve actually managed to reach a few new goals. :good:

Oh,  yes, it looks great my friend ! :yes:

xenonph
            Participant
              @xenonph
              MemberContributor

Just uploaded new version 2.2

You can change upper 2 bumpers with left magna-save.(there are 3 extra bumpers.)

You can change lower 4 bumpers with right magna-save.(There are the same 3 as top plus 4 more.)

They are all stormtrooper helmet bumpers as I couldn’t add another character without it looking bad.

To turn off pics activated by sounds press “n” on keyboard.

To turn on pics activated by sounds press “m” on keyboard.

32assassin just uploaded fixed targets version on VPF. So I will just upload this table to this site and VPU for the time being, as I don’t want to intrude on his table over at VPF.

Hope you like it!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
              BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

are those storm troopers bobble-heads?  cause that would be awesome :)

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Lol @ BD ..

Xenonph. This looks great and from what I’ve read I’m pretty sure this version stays in my cab as one of those successful mods that exists out there. Very nice job my friend !

xenonph
                  Participant
                    @xenonph
                    MemberContributor

I just updated table with NFozzy’s FastFlips!!!

Version 2.2.1
                    Added NFozzy’s FastFlips by changing usesolenoids=19. Big thanks NFozzy!!!

I love learning new things!!

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

Here are a couple of extra FS Backdrops that I couldn’t fit into table so to keep it under 170MB.

FS_backdrop2

and

FS_backdrop3

Simply save pic to documents and import into table. With options and Backdrop tabs pressed down, on right side of editor you should see “FS Image” with the name of image beneath it. Click the arrow at end and choose FS backdrop2, or 3 and voila, new FS backdrop pic.

Here is what FS Backdrop2 looks like…

Capture21

Or feel free to make your own FS Backdrop.

I am just a Desktop user at the moment, but I definately will  have a cabinet in my future!!

vanlocke
                      Participant
                        @vanlocke

Hi, I ve tried to run the latest mod 2.2.1 in DT, visual options are working fine but flippers doesn’t move. I had a slow flippers issue with previous versions which was solved by adding b2s file in the folder, but doesn’t work with this one.

any idea?

=>I changed the UseSolenoids=19 to UseSolenoids=1 and now it works.

xenonph
                        Participant
                          @xenonph
                          MemberContributor

Very strange!! I just added that because that is how you activate NFozzy’s Fast Flips script that is built into VP now.

Perhaps you need to upgrade your version of Visual Pinball before this will work for you.

Perhaps I should have informed all to use the newest VPX10.4 that was just released and is out of BETA phase.

Try installing the new VPX10.4, which has the FastFlip script built in. All that is needed to activate it is changing to UseSolenoids=19 in table script.

Flippers are way quicker with Fast Flips activated!!

Hope this helps you.

vanlocke
                          Participant
                            @vanlocke

I’m currently running VPX10.4 and pinmame 3.0 ,released  on 24/12. I have checked again and still doesn’t work with UseSolenoids=19 . I can hear a kinda grunt when I hit Shift key. I think this recent feature works for most users but some can encounter bugs (hardware incompatibility?).

Otherwise, it works perfectly, which is the most important. Thanks for your work!

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

Thank you for this info!!

Maybe it does have something to do with hardware incompatibilty, but I don’t know enough about that to comment on it.

Glad the table works for you, but I can’t help but wonder why the FastFlips are not working for you.

Do any other tables that use this new built in Fast Flips script work for you?

You can try this yourself if you are using the new VPX10.4 version.

On most tables you will only have to change “UseSolenoids=2” and that will make table automatically use the FastFlippers script thats built in to 10.4.

For this table it was UseSolenoids=19, because it is a Hankin table. Most others will need to be UseSolenoids=2.

That and make sure table has vpmInit Me after the Sub Table1_Init line in script.

Can you try this on another table to see if FastFlips script is working for you?

Here is what it says on the VP10.4 download page found here..

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11572

• – Integrated FastFlips, (new object vpmFlips): Low latency flipper response for games with pre-solid state flippers
                              • – Ensure ‘vpmInit me’ is called in the table init section
                              • – UseSolenoids = 2 enables and auto sets the game-on solenoid (based on GameOnSolenoid in the system .vbs script)

This should be working for you, as I have not heard of any incompatibilty issues (Except for you.) with the FastFlips script by NFozzy.

Is this working for others? Appreciate the info as I would like for this to work for all.

EDIT:

You can see where I asked NFozzy how to get FastFlips working on this table here…

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38651&page=5#entry397102

and I upgraded this table shortly after learning how to add this FastFlips to table script.

vanlocke
                              Participant
                                @vanlocke

I decided to make a test with attack from mars. I’ve found something odd.

UseSolenoids=2 works fine with JPSalas version 1.2.0 (and with 2  other tables tested) , but doesn’t flip with your recent color mod.

So maybe there is something wrong in the code, but not an easy problem to solve I guess.

edit: same thing with judge dredd , works with original dozer version but not with the color mod.

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

That may be due to that AFM mod being a dB2SDT mod, that uses a fixed controller set for B2S.Server. (Not really sure to tell you the truth.)

So it is working on JPSalas’s tables, but not this Empire Strikes Back Mod?

I don’t understand why it doesn’t work for you on this table but works on others.

Can anyone else tell me if the new FastFlips I added to version 2.2.1 is working for them?

I will keep trying to figure out why it is not working for you.

vanlocke
                                  Participant
                                    @vanlocke

hi xenonph, I ve finally found why the fastflips didn’t work actually. There is nothing wrong in your script, this occured because this table was in a subfolder.

In fact most of my vpx tables are placed in : tables\vpinballX . The fastflippers script works well in this case.

I made some subfolders for db2s color mod or just to avoid wrong db2s to be selected when 2 tables have close names (star wars 78 gotlieb); they works well with UseSolenoids=1  but Fastflippers script doesn’t work in that case, just a grunt and no action on flippers.

nFozzy
                                    Participant
                                      @nfozzy

If core.vbs isn’t being loaded you’d see a lot more errors than that

Dead flippers might mean the flipper solenoid isn’t set correctly, which is a current bug with Hankin.vbs. Try setting UseSolenoids = 19 to manually set the solenoid

vanlocke
                                      Participant
                                        @vanlocke

nFozzy : UseSolenoids = 19 with that table in a subfolder => table load well (no error) except dead flippers.

I’ve just moved the star wars table in the principal folder and works perfectly. I can’t explain why, but using a subfolder interfer with flasflips .

xenonph
                                        Participant
                                          @xenonph
                                          MemberContributor

I set the UseSolenoids=19 to enable the FastFlips before I uploaded new version.

So that is already in the table script.

That’s why I don’t understand why it is not working for everyone NFozzy.

As soon as you told me to set UseSolenoids=19  in your FastFlips topic, I uploaded new version of table as the FastFlips worked for me.

Perhaps it is because of the subfolders that it doesn’t work for Vanlocke? I ran mine from my documents and never run any tables from my tables folder. So not sure why it wouldn’t work in sub folders.

If this is not working for everyone, I can remove it. Until something is figured out to get FastFlips to work properly?

Is everyone having this problem?

All I did was change UseSolenoids=1 to UseSolenoids=19 as instructed in your FastFlips topic.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

I’ll try later on Xenonph. I’m curious on what you guys are seeing. What is exactly the path to the table when it is not working vanlocke ?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?